Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: 5th Disney World Theme Park

Quote Originally Posted by joe80x86 View Post
    Why For did WDW's Asian, Venetian and Persian resorts never get built?

Maybe budget cuts? I don't think anyone who isn't directly associated with Disney knows.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_The_Tank View Post
    Even though its not likely in the near future (like next 10 or 20 years), im sure Disney will eventually imagine up a new park. This leaves me with an interesting question in my mind: will the Walt Disney Company ever seize to exist, i mean nothing lasts forever right?
    I'm not entirely sure. When EPCOT Center opened, people extended their stays. When the Disney-MGM Studios opened, people extended their stays. When Disney's Animal Kingdom opened, people cut their time at the other parks or just did not go to the new one.

I really would like to see additions to everything. There is such a focus on just the parks and doing as many attractions as possible. Not to say that I would not like to see more attractions. Downtown Disney could use more to do than just eat and shop.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Downtown Disney could use more to do than just eat and shop.
    I'm all for new things to do at DD, but what do you have in mind?

It will take some time before a new park opens.. Im alright with that.
    -Tyler

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I'm not entirely sure. When EPCOT Center opened, people extended their stays. When the Disney-MGM Studios opened, people extended their stays. When Disney's Animal Kingdom opened, people cut their time at the other parks or just did not go to the new one...
    I've been thinking about this. And Animal Kingdom is not the same kind of theme park. It appeals to people who like nature and animal watching - it closes early. It cost a lot to build and maintain, so it probably doesn't show it's true value on a spreadsheet. But I think it was a wise investment. I think they should continue to expand on it's offerings as a world class animal sanctuary and be like the San Diego Zoo and try to diversify and show more rare animals - and work on breeding programs which might bring good PR to TWDC and to the resort.

Meanwhile, I do think eventually a 5th park would work if it's a theme park full of thrilling rides and a highly immersive Disneyfied environment. Not an EPCOT learning center, or another zoo, but something more like MK and DHS or of course, Tokyo DisneySea.

• Imagineer in training

7.9 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_The_Tank View Post
    Even though its not likely in the near future (like next 10 or 20 years), im sure Disney will eventually imagine up a new park. This leaves me with an interesting question in my mind: will the Walt Disney Company ever seize to exist, i mean nothing lasts forever right?
    TWDC will exist as long as they keep making bank on their theme park, tv, movie, and hotel properties. And they have a last resort plan if the theme parks fail: sell them.
    I want to be an Imagineer....

Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanGiant View Post
    TWDC will exist as long as they keep making bank on their theme park, tv, movie, and hotel properties. And they have a last resort plan if the theme parks fail: sell them.
    I never thought of that.

Yea ive been hearing alot about a new villain park being in the works. But hey i think they should just make a new villain are where 20,000 leuges used to be. I mean with this economy who is going to pay extra when they could just get more by going to one or two parks. or even like i said a park within a park.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMouse3349 View Post
    Yea ive been hearing alot about a new villain park being in the works. But hey i think they should just make a new villain are where 20,000 leuges used to be. I mean with this economy who is going to pay extra when they could just get more by going to one or two parks. or even like i said a park within a park.
    Do you know how big that space is behind 20k? They can stick one Big dark ride back there if that (Little Mermaid). And a villain theme in fantasy land would just be wrong. What kind of a ride would you make there that would be Villain themed and please don't say roller coaster.

• TDR... It gets the love!!

A fifth park would be pretty cool, although they're still better to invest their money into improving something else... but if they were to do a fifth park, I'd go for a Pixar/Toon park, an improved 'park-scale' version of Toontown and Pixar's Place, in the same way as Animal Kingdom was like a bigger version of Adventureland. Eg the name of the park would be something like 'Disney's Toon Kingdom.' The park would most likely be a hub-and-spoke style, with guests entering through a recreation of Toontown, through the tunnel in the 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit' film. (Rumor is MK's Toontown will be demolished, so it's meant to be ) The centerpiece of the park is the Axiom from Wall-E, inside which is a table-service restaurant and an E-Ticket attraction. The Wall-E attraction would be a rollercoaster/dark ride, where guests enter into maintenance vehicles. After a short tour onboard, the maintenance vehicles take a trip up to the control bridge where the auto-pilot is talking to the captain. The power momentarily goes off, but when the lights come back on, the auto-pilot menacingly whirrs in front of the vehicle. Guests take the plunge down the garbage shoot and get shot out into space, the rollercoaster portion of the ride. Then guests are welcomed back on board to see the disabled auto-pilot. The other lands of the park (the centre of the park being the Axiom,) there would be an area themed to Monstropolis, a villain-themed land, cars land, a Ratatouille kids area (similar to 'Bugs land' in DCA and and Toy Story Playland in Paris,) and last but not least, an Incredibles themed area. The Incredibles area would be themed to the island from the film, and be accessed by a bridge. The main attraction in the incredibles land would be housed inside a giant, semi-submerged version of the Omnidroid.
    P.S. No 'Up' themed land, as they should put some sort of Up ride in either Epcot or DHS.
    Yes. We all know that I am psychic. Don't believe me? Well... I'm sensing that you like Disney. I see that look of bewilderment, hmmm?

There are a lot of cool ideas here. And there are also a lot of people saying to not even dream of a 5th park since the other 4 need help. But since this is all the the realm of Dreamfinder, lets think bigger. I'd like to see some expansion on the parks of course, but maybe something more in touch with Walt's original EPCOT city. People do live in WDW, they just stay in hotel rooms. What if these rooms were updated to teh cutting edge of technology. And maybe they could add some more monorails and even a WEDway where it would be cheaper. They could increase the transportation around the parks, maybe even rezone the resorts to create new areas of improvement. If Downtown Disney was given its own zone, the Studios and Epcot could join forces into one super resort complex. Each of these resorts could be reworked into some aspect of future living. I mean, EPCOT is all about progress, Animal Kingdom is all about the enviroment, and the Studios could be stretched to an exploration of culture. The Magic Kingdom is really not very EPCOT...y, but since Walt planned it where it is, its all good. Think about it: all those hotels Eisner built do represent several different architectural styles, and people do stay there. All we need is the last big one, the tower at the center of Walt's Epcot City, and we could put it right behind teh American Adventure. I mean, cmon, if the Swan and Dolphin can do it, why can't Walts Tower Hotel? It would show the French we treat ourselves as good as we treat them (althought that might not be good....)
    I think something on a grand scale like that might be the better idea than just improving the parks or building a new one. I belive impovements like that keep Disney in competition with Seaworld or Universal, and Disney can do better than that. Sure, they're not doing anything huge like 4 new E tickets or a park, but Disney could make it seem big. Look what they did for Summer Nightastic!
    Buuuuuuuut... sine that will never happen and that's not what the post was about....................................Yay Orlando DisneySea or some extinct attractions park! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tucson, Arizona, but I wish I was in Philly, PA

they should build a DCA

I will be at DisneyWorld on April 29, 2011-May 4, 2011. If You Are Going The Same Time Message Me

Quote Originally Posted by Exomonia View Post
    A fifth park would be pretty cool, although they're still better to invest their money into improving something else... but if they were to do a fifth park, I'd go for a Pixar/Toon park, an improved 'park-scale' version of Toontown and Pixar's Place, in the same way as Animal Kingdom was like a bigger version of Adventureland. Eg the name of the park would be something like 'Disney's Toon Kingdom.' The park would most likely be a hub-and-spoke style, with guests entering through a recreation of Toontown, through the tunnel in the 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit' film. (Rumor is MK's Toontown will be demolished, so it's meant to be ) The centerpiece of the park is the Axiom from Wall-E, inside which is a table-service restaurant and an E-Ticket attraction. The Wall-E attraction would be a rollercoaster/dark ride, where guests enter into maintenance vehicles. After a short tour onboard, the maintenance vehicles take a trip up to the control bridge where the auto-pilot is talking to the captain. The power momentarily goes off, but when the lights come back on, the auto-pilot menacingly whirrs in front of the vehicle. Guests take the plunge down the garbage shoot and get shot out into space, the rollercoaster portion of the ride. Then guests are welcomed back on board to see the disabled auto-pilot. The other lands of the park (the centre of the park being the Axiom,) there would be an area themed to Monstropolis, a villain-themed land, cars land, a Ratatouille kids area (similar to 'Bugs land' in DCA and and Toy Story Playland in Paris,) and last but not least, an Incredibles themed area. The Incredibles area would be themed to the island from the film, and be accessed by a bridge. The main attraction in the incredibles land would be housed inside a giant, semi-submerged version of the Omnidroid.
    P.S. No 'Up' themed land, as they should put some sort of Up ride in either Epcot or DHS.
    I'm starting to like this idea more and more. Only so that the Pixar characters can have their own park instead of ruining the Magic Kingdom. Ie. The Enchanted Tiki Room: Starring Stich, Alladians Flight and even Stiches Great Escape.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFreak1 View Post
    they should build a DCA
    HAHAHA! I would love to see the Games on the Boardwalk- original version.

But are you serious?
    -Tyler

• Future Imagineer - Concep

I think they should build the Original EPCOT idea - The City of the Future

Visit me at taylorabaird.com and look for the Disney DIY section... (Remnants of the old Disney Imaginations blog, which mysteriously disappeared...)

• Pilot EdForceOne

Why would Disney want another gate?

Unless it's going to charge new separate admission - it doesn't really do much at all for Disney. They'd be better off expanding existing offerings, or building new distinct draws like they did with the Water Parks.

'Yet another theme park' like EPCOT, DHS, etc would be diminishing returns for Disney. They already have blown past the amount of things you can do in a reasonable amount of time people take a vacation.

Disney would be better off opening another location, then to try to stuff yet more theme parks at WDW. Even DAK was pushing the limit...
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast