Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

5th Disney World Theme Park

Walt Disney World Resort has a huge property, and given the chance, what new theme park would you add to the pile of Disney theme parks?
    -Tyler

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: 5th Disney World Theme Park

I'd like to see an aquatic themed park. Aquariums, dolphins, whales. Atlantis and mythical themed lands as well as some elements from DisneySea. Think SeaWorld but with an actual sense of design.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Extinct Attractions...Mr. Toad, Horizons, World of Motion, Kitchen Kabaret, all back in their original glory!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• www.JonAutopsy.com

A Disney villain themed park.
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Autopsy View Post
    A Disney villain themed park.
    I like the idea of a villain themed park!
    -Tyler

• Progressive Disneylander

None.

Seriously though, it's not that I wouldn't want a 5th park, but WDW would benefit more from fleshing out their existing parks than investing in another park.

I could see how there could be a need for a 3rd park in Anaheim once DCA is fixed, but I'd prefer to see another 'land' and additional attractions in the Magic Kingdom, some major attractions installed into the World Showcase in Epcot and a few more attractions each in DHS and AK.

Whle DL and DCA are almost both maxed out in real estate space, all of the WDW parks could continue to expand and I'd much prefer that instead of Park #5.

I actually think that there is no need to build a new park, they could build just as many attractions at the current parks that a new theme park would have. They just build the new parks so that people spend all that money to get into them. Animal Kingdom only had what 5 attractions when it opened? Even less? You could fit many attractions in Epcot and MK and DHS. Although I definitely would visit a new park!!
    -Tyler

If a new park was built where would be an appropriate place to put it? On the coast of Bay lake? Where would you put it?
    -Tyler

New Disney World Theme Park? or add to existing?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler1994 View Post
    I actually think that there is no need to build a new park, they could build just as many attractions at the current parks that a new theme park would have...
    I'd rather see add-ons to exiting parks rather than an entire new park. I'd like to see a genuine thrill coaster at Magic Kingdom, and some sort of water ride (where you get wet to cool off) added to Epcot & Hollywood Studios. At Animal Kingdom, I'd like to see more indoor attractions that are air conditioned! We were there a couple of weeks ago and there was literally no where to go to get away from the heat. You can only ride Kali River Rapids so many times!
    Have a Magical day!

Check out: DisneyVacations4Families.com!
    • Theme park guides
    • Vacation planning tips
    • Orlando hotel, condo, & rental home info
    • Walt Disney World photo galleries

As much as I'd love to see an exact copy of DisneySea plopped down in Orlando, my bet is that WDW might never see a true 5th park, at least in the next 25 years. My understanding is that DAK did nothing to change business at the resort like the addition of Epcot and DHS. Previous additions like that increased the numbers of days guests spend, the number of nights guest spend, and of course upped the total amount of spending they do. DAK basically did none of these things....just gave guests a different place to spend part of their time. To be honest, I completely understand. Even in a good economy WDW has more than a week's worth of stuff!

Taking that all off the table: Give me an exact copy of DisneySea!!!

• Diamond Edition

Tyler1994 wrote:
    If a new park was built where would be an appropriate place to put it? On the coast of Bay lake? Where would you put it?
    The Disney World property is larger than Manhattan. Currently, only 1/3 of the property has been developed, between the 4 parks, 2 water parks, 20+ resorts, and Downtown Disney. Another 1/3 will be kept untouched and kept as nature, which is something Walt Disney made happen when he bought the property. So basically, there is enough room for them to build what they currently have again. A 5th park could go anywhere.

Like several people have already posted, I don't feel like there needs to be a 5th park right now. They built WDW up so quickly and ever since Epcot, there were less than 10 years between parks. The reason there are 4 parks is because they found that the average guests was vacationing for 4 days and would run out of things to do by the end of their trip. I would rather see them spend money on the current parks, plussing them and making them as good as they can be.

However, if they were going to announce a 5th park, I would really love to see a U.S. version of Disney Seas. I am not a fan of Sea World and I don't want Disney to make it their own version, the way DustySage hinted at, but I hear that Disney Seas is one of the best parks they've done and since they already know how to do it well and have attractions designed for it, it would take less time to put together.

I also don't want it to be an exact copy of Tokyo's. I like the fact that other resorts have similar parks, but not exact copies. I would prefer to see Disney do it differently here, while still maintaining the big elements, such as Journey to the Center of the Earth, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Seven Voyages of Sinbad, etc... If they are going to do it, I'd like to see them announce it before they break ground on a Little Mermaid attraction at Magic Kingdom, since this would be the perfect park for it. I also think that this would be the best way for Disney World to get an Indiana Jones ride.

Quote Originally Posted by goofystitch View Post
    The Disney World property is larger than Manhattan. Currently, only 1/3 of the property has been developed, between the 4 parks, 2 water parks, 20+ resorts, and Downtown Disney. Another 1/3 will be kept untouched and kept as nature, which is something Walt Disney made happen when he bought the property. So basically, there is enough room for them to build what they currently have again. A 5th park could go anywhere.
    Not entirely true, the whole thing is swampland, they had to cancel one of their hotels that was to go in-between the COntemporary and the Transportation and Ticket Center.
    -Tyler

• Diamond Edition

Tyler1994 wrote:
    Not entirely true, the whole thing is swampland, they had to cancel one of their hotels that was to go in-between the COntemporary and the Transportation and Ticket Center.
    Actually, it is entirely true. The property on which all of the parks were built was former swamp land. They brought in dirt to fill it in. And what resort? I have never heard of it and it sounds made up. There is a road between the TTC and Contemporary and that area certainly isn't a swamp because the Wilderness Lodge is basically on the land you are describing. Don't believe me? Check out this map. As you can see, the rest of the land between Contemporary and TTC is taken up by road and monorail. There is not enough room there for a resort the size of the other three on the monorail line.

Ha no its true actually, they have planted trees their now, the resort is. When Magic Kingdom originally opened it was to include Disney's Venietin Resort, then in the early 90's it was to have a Meditteranian resort. It was very swamy. If you take the monerail from the Contemparary over to the T&TC you will see lines of trees on the right hand side, thats where they were going to be located.
    Animal Kingdom was also built on a less swampy area. I believe thats why it is located where it is.
    -Tyler

• Golden State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by goofystitch View Post
    Tyler1994 wrote:

Actually, it is entirely true. The property on which all of the parks were built was former swamp land. They brought in dirt to fill it in. And what resort? I have never heard of it and it sounds made up. There is a road between the TTC and Contemporary and that area certainly isn't a swamp because the Wilderness Lodge is basically on the land you are describing. Don't believe me? Check out this map. As you can see, the rest of the land between Contemporary and TTC is taken up by road and monorail. There is not enough room there for a resort the size of the other three on the monorail line.
    Hahahaha really?

First off the weight of a road and an entire hotel complex is a little different. Roads are built over swaps all the time. Do some research and you'll see that originally the Grand Floridian was too never exist. There were many other themed hotels to go up in different areas around Bay Lake/Seven Seas Lagoon, but were cut due to the oil crisis and of course the swamps and florida water table.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast