Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Spaceship Earth ending?

The rumor was that Tomorrow's Child, the theme song of Spaceship Earth from the 2nd version of the ride, was going to return, and our images would be projected onto the triangles instead of inside the cars. I can confirm that more triangles were added to the descent, particularly where the glitter city used to be, but that was back in Feb. Nothing has really changed since then. The worst part of the descent is still the final part. The infrastructure of the ride is clearly visible, including chicken wire and insulation. Incredibly bad show for Epcot's iconic attraction.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by ryno1986 View Post
    The infrastructure of the ride is clearly visible, including chicken wire and insulation. Incredibly bad show for Epcot's iconic attraction.
    I think this is an exaggeration. It's very dark all the way down - you can barely make out the triangles - let alone the drapes and other things in the area.

Today the decent is focused on the screens which operate basically the entire decent.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Diamond Edition

I don't think there needs to be a lot to see on the way down, but there should be something. Out of the 10 or so times I've ridden it since the refurb, the screen didn't work twice, leaving us in the dark with nothing to see for the entire trip down. If your screen works, that's where your attention should be, but if it doesn't, there should be something to look at. It doesn't have to be anything big, but they used to have some criss-crossed rays of light on the ceiling. Even if they just brought those back, it's better than nothing.

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    I think this is an exaggeration. It's very dark all the way down - you can barely make out the triangles - let alone the drapes and other things in the area.
    I wish that was an exaggeration, you can indeed see chicken wire.

• Everyone neat and pretty?

Quote Originally Posted by goofystitch View Post
    snowsbeau, I don't think you understand what we are talking about. We are only talking about them changing the ending of the ride, meaning the part where your vehicle is traveling backwards through darkness. During this time, you "create your future" on the TV screen, but there is nothing to see around you. The video at the end doesn't always work, so there should be something for guests to look at on their way down. Most of the ride was updated in 2007.
    Oh! Okay!...... Nevermind!
    "Some of us prefer illusion to despair!" ~ Nelson Muntz of The Simpsons when being teased for liking Snow White and being told that she was just an actress.

• May the F=ma be with you

Quote Originally Posted by DarthDucky View Post
    One can obviously see the support structures in some pictures or infrared video but when I rode for the first time a couple of weeks ago, I could not see it. I paid more attention to the surroundings than to the screen and still did not notice any chicken wire.
    Unfortunately, I was unable to ride multiple times as I had planned to film and take photographs. Maybe if I had ridden it over and over I would have noticed? But it certainly is very dark in there. I could barely make out the triangles.

I'd also like to mention that for the 1.5 years of reading notes, looking at pictures and watching video of the refurbed descent, I thought I was going to dislike it once I actually rode it in person. I held off on watching a full video of the descent but I did watch the infrared videos.
    Alas, I was wrong. I really enjoyed the ride, and so did my father who mentioned "It's about time they changed it."
    I dearly miss the finale score and to a lesser extent the glitter city and SSE model but what we have now is fine as well. Again, I didn't think I would have thought this way but seeing it in person is much better than hearing or seeing second hand accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• Pilot EdForceOne

When you sit and stare out the sides and trying to figure out what everything is... sure. But is that what the guests are doing.. or only fanatics? It's basically a empty tunnel with nebulous walls/edges for everyone else.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    When you sit and stare out the sides and trying to figure out what everything is... sure. But is that what the guests are doing.. or only fanatics? It's basically a empty tunnel with nebulous walls/edges for everyone else.
    It's sad that Disney designed a ride where he have to stare at a screen to not see the infrastructure. Unfortunately, when the ride stops during the descent and the video is done playing even before the halfway point, there's plenty of time to look around and notice how cheap it really looks. It's happened to me at least three times.

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Monorail View Post
    One can obviously see the support structures in some pictures or infrared video but when I rode for the first time a couple of weeks ago, I could not see it. I paid more attention to the surroundings than to the screen and still did not notice any chicken wire.
    To be fair, it may look better now, I last rode it in late January.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

To be fair, it may look better now, I last rode it in late January.
    It doesn't. Still an ugly mess on the way back down unless you are totally into looking at the tiny screen in your car.

They really do need to do something to plus the descent.

I LOVE Spaceship Earth and think that the re-do was fantastic in a lot of ways. They just need to tweak the ending to leave people on a more positive note.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The first couple times watching the video can be a hoot. I was in tears from laughing so hard the first time I saw it. But after 2 or 3 times.... meh. I'll giggle sometimes, but overall it just gets old. I want something to look at besides a Jib-Jab cartoon of myself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12