Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Engine Co 71

Re: WDW Engagement Help...

After narrowing down allot of options I have come down to the last two. Here they are in no particular order of favoritism.

1. Horse drawn carriage ride through PO River Side ($45/30 minute intervals) At a halfway turn around point the "driver" will turn to us and say "My lord, it appears as though the lady has left behind something!" (This is where the Disney Florist Dream Makers come in; they will deliver a white carnation bouquet with a 5" glass slipper on top prior to us arriving for the ride, inside of which the ring will be displayed) So the "driver" gets down and retrieves this bouquet from his hidden spot on the carriage and hands it to me to do my part. Champagne/Wine can be brought along at no extra charge.

2. The Disney photo services department can arrange a "random photo shoot" (cough cough ahhehm) which would take place in the Rose Garden at MK. I would have to send pictures of us to the folks there so the photographer could recognize us out and pick us out of the crowd and vice versa. This can take place anywhere I choose. I'm thinking about just prior to Wishes fireworks. At some point the photographer will ask my girlfriend to pose by herself and pretend she's making a wish (eyes closed!) and not to move or open them until she hears the flash from the camera. At this point he could retrieve the aforementioned bouquet and once he got the picture she would open her eyes to me on one knee in the middle of the Rose Garden with the Bouquet presentation during Wishes. Oh and this costs $475...but the first round would consist of about 50 photos and then we get a "Engagement Session" where we choose the time and place...not to mention she can pick what she wants to wear, do the hair and make up thing and so on. That session includes another 50 or so photos all of which will end up on our own website provided by Disney which all the photos are posted on for family to see. Also included is a custom photo album with each picture (4x6) inside.

#2 is certainly more elaborate and expensive but this is only done once! Any opinions?

Both are lovely.

To me, it would depend if your fiance would prefer a special moment like this to be private with few onlookers (carriage ride) or if she would be comfortable with getting a lot of attention from strangers, which you would get with the rose garden/wishes proposal. For example, if she likes to be the center of attention at a party - then the photoshoot would be great, but if she generally draws less attention to herself in public settings, then I would think the carriage ride would be more romantic.

• Engine Co 71

Quote Originally Posted by txloopnlil View Post
    Both are lovely.

To me, it would depend if your fiance would prefer a special moment like this to be private with few onlookers (carriage ride) or if she would be comfortable with getting a lot of attention from strangers, which you would get with the rose garden/wishes proposal. For example, if she likes to be the center of attention at a party - then the photoshoot would be great, but if she generally draws less attention to herself in public settings, then I would think the carriage ride would be more romantic.
    Well thats just the problem, I know she'd love either one. The photo shoot is convienient because we planned to be in the MK on the night I plan to do this. However coming up with the excuse to divert over to PO River Side and leave my friend and younger brother for a bit is troubling.

• Golden State of Mind

#2! #2! Certainly blows mine out of the water!
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Now with 5% more insanity

Hrm... quite a tough choice here. Like the poster above said, it all depends on what you think would be best for her.

• Faith Trust & Pixie Dust!

Wow, those are both great!
    #1 gave me shivers when I read it. So romantic.
    But #2 is good because of the pictures capturing your moment.

I (personally) prefer #2. I think it's sweet about the make a wish and sounds like it wouldn't be as difficult to get her to the location without her thinking something is up.
    I miss Disney World...
    Check out my Disney Cruise Trip Report...lots of photos being added: http://micechat.com/forums/disney-cr...ey-wonder.html

• Engine Co 71

Currently working with Disney photography and their Video department to try and work something out where we can wear audio so they can capture the video and be able to hear what we're saying! Pretty exciting, but not sure about the cost yet since they are telling me it will be a custom qoute depending on what we collaborate together. I'll keep everyone posted with what I find out, I have a conference call to day with video so we'll see what they say!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I have a more intimate idea. Rent one of the boats that take you out onto Bay Lake before Wishes. During the evening make some arrangments with WDW and have the flowers and stuff there. Your family can come along, you have someone to film it AND you don't have to fight a lot of people. It's a great romantic option I'd recommend. Then after she says yes you can all settle down and listen to Wishes pumping out the speakers and watch the fireworks.

Good luck! Let us know what you did!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12