Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Engine Co 71

WDW Engagement Help...

During my upcoming visit to WDW, I am planning on proposing to my girlfriend but I am having a problem deciding on where. So I thought the best course of action was to solicit to anyone here on MC who may have some great ideas. I would like to do it the first full day we have there which will be Sunday August 9th. Out itinerary for that day consists of Wet-N-Wild water park for the morning/afternoon, check in at the AKL, ADR for Fulton’s Crab House (5:00pm), and then off to MK for EMH. I think it is a good idea to do it one of the first days we’re there so we can have the rest of the week to celebrate our engagement and her first visit to WDW.

What I am trying to avoid are some of the typical Disney proposals you hear about where the guy proposes in front of Cindy’s castle, not that there’s anything wrong with that spot but so many people have done it there before and I would like to do something different. I know of the wishing well, the rose garden at MK, the pavilions in EPCOT, the beach at the Poly and various other places but so far nothing is saying to me “THAT’S THE SPOT”! I will also have my younger brother and a friend of mine there to help with anything I need as we are all vacationing together.

So I plan on using one of them to try and catch the act on video. I also know that a while back Disney offered engagement packages, but they don’t exist anymore. I can’t think of how I can get a CM involved to make the moment a bit more “magical” and original. So if anyone can help me out here with ideas, stories, or personal experiences that would be extremely helpful as today marks thirty days out from check in!

• Diamond Edition

Re: WDW Engagement Help...

I would send a letter to Animal Kingdom Lodge and let them know that you plan to propose during your trip and see if they can do anything. I know the resorts used to sell a glass slipper that you could put a ring into if you were going to propose.

Personally, I think some of the cliched places are some of the best. In particular, the wishing well. You could tell her to make a wish and when she turns around, you will be on one knee with a ring. Or, you could take her to the Cinderella fountain behind the castle and present her with a glass slipper or something. Just whatever you do, don't propose at Wet N' Wild. lol.

If you can wait until you get to Epcot, there is a beautiful and quiet area in France to the right where guests usually don't go. That would make for a nice and quiet engagement.

• Engine Co 71

Where in particular are you refering to in France? Don't get me wrong I do like the cliche places but if I can do something different I will. Not sure how to incorporate the slipper in the park.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Cinderella's Wishing Well by the castle at MK is very popular for proposals.

• Diamond Edition

If you are walking through World Showcase counter-clockwise and you are approaching France after the bridge from the U.K., stay to your right. Instead of going down the main section past Chefs De France to get to the film, there is a courtyard to the right with a planter. I'm going to Epcot in about an hour for lunch, so I'll try to take a picture and post it later.

• Faith Trust & Pixie Dust!

This was at Disneyland, but my husband proposed to me in the wheel house of the Mark Twain. I don't remember how, but he got the CM's involved and my family and I went on a "fake" tour to get us to the Mark Twain and he was waiting in the wheel house for us. There was also a Disney Photographer to take pictures and they had sparkling cider for a toast after. I think he called the park and told them what he wanted to do, but I don't remember. Plus I was not in on the secret. When he gets home from work I might ask him what he did to get everything set up.

So I would suggest the wheel house of the (is it) Liberty Belle. It's a nice spot where she will always remember that was the place, it's out of the way so you don't feel like you have lots of people watching, and it gives great views of the park. Just my 2 cents.
    I miss Disney World...
    Check out my Disney Cruise Trip Report...lots of photos being added: http://micechat.com/forums/disney-cr...ey-wonder.html

• Engine Co 71

I think I know the area you are refering to, but if you're able to snap a photo that will help greatly since I won't have time to recon while we are there!

• Engine Co 71

Quote Originally Posted by sassy*tink View Post
    This was at Disneyland, but my husband proposed to me in the wheel house of the Mark Twain. I don't remember how, but he got the CM's involved and my family and I went on a "fake" tour to get us to the Mark Twain and he was waiting in the wheel house for us. There was also a Disney Photographer to take pictures and they had sparkling cider for a toast after. I think he called the park and told them what he wanted to do, but I don't remember. Plus I was not in on the secret. When he gets home from work I might ask him what he did to get everything set up.

So I would suggest the wheel house of the (is it) Liberty Belle. It's a nice spot where she will always remember that was the place, it's out of the way so you don't feel like you have lots of people watching, and it gives great views of the park. Just my 2 cents.

That would be great to know how I can get the CM's to help out before I get down there!

• Golden State of Mind

How about just through the gates around the flag pole arean, at night the view down Main Street to the castle when every shop is lit up looks great. Then of course you have the always charming castle lit up too at the end.

You'd be flirting with originality in this spot, but it's still a great spot.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Engine Co 71

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    How about just through the gates around the flag pole arean, at night the view down Main Street to the castle when every shop is lit up looks great. Then of course you have the always charming castle lit up too at the end.

You'd be flirting with originality in this spot, but it's still a great spot.
    This sounds like a great idea, plus it's generally not a busy area until Wishes. I'll keep this one in mind, thanks!

• www.JonAutopsy.com

Boxalarm, I sent you a private message so let me know what you think. I went to WDW this past December/January for my first time so, even though I don't know the whole WDW like some people do, I tried to be as original as I could.
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

• Golden State of Mind

Keep us updated!

• Faith Trust & Pixie Dust!

I talked to my husband and he reminded me that he knew someone who worked at the park who helped him out. But he also used the Special Occasions at Disneyland CM's help. The phone number is for the Disneyland park, but I think they might be able to help you get the number for WDW if they have a department like that. I'll pm the phone number to you. Good luck! Let us know how it goes!!!
    I miss Disney World...
    Check out my Disney Cruise Trip Report...lots of photos being added: http://micechat.com/forums/disney-cr...ey-wonder.html

• Golden State of Mind

the plot thickens

• Engine Co 71

Quote Originally Posted by sassy*tink View Post
    I talked to my husband and he reminded me that he knew someone who worked at the park who helped him out. But he also used the Special Occasions at Disneyland CM's help. The phone number is for the Disneyland park, but I think they might be able to help you get the number for WDW if they have a department like that. I'll pm the phone number to you. Good luck! Let us know how it goes!!!
    Got it! This is awesome, I'd have never guessed they had a special occasions department! Thank you so much! I will most certainly keep everyone posted and let you all know what my game plan is once I have everything set!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast