Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Enchanted Forest Expansion Coming To Fantasyland

A Princess centered Enchanted Forest is coming to The Maic Kingdom's fantasyland. The expansion is to take place in the Mickey's Toon town fair area. The new area will include storytimes, a plentitude of meet and greets, music shows, birthday parties...and tons of entertaining moments that will leave kids, parents, and beautiful Disney princess lovers everywhere full of irrepresible happiness and laughter.

So if you enjoy magical enchantment and are crazy about princess (I know that I am! ), stay tuned for when the opening is announced.

Source: Theme Park Insider
    Last edited by MickeyMaxx; 07-09-2009 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Removed link.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Re: Enchanted Forest Expansion Coming To Fantasyland

This article is almost a month old?

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    This article is almost a month old?
    Yeah. Well, I wiped the dust off and presented it anyway...cause it's still news that many are unaware of.

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

I just hate how land is wasted on meet and greets.

They could make another attraction for all ages to enjoy, but NOOOO that is just too much effort. Just add a few forest props here and there and wellah we got something to promote.

*not hating on Pixie Hollow as that is an exception*

• Senior Minion

Pop Century is finally being finished!
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post
    I just hate how land is wasted on meet and greets.

They could make another attraction for all ages to enjoy, but NOOOO that is just too much effort. Just add a few forest props here and there and wellah we got something to promote.

*not hating on Pixie Hollow as that is an exception*
    Actually, I just heard that an actual ride attraction may be added to the enchanted Forest as well. I'm thinking possibly the Snow White diamond mine coaster/dark ride that we've herd about in the past. Afterall, plans appear to be underway for a Little Mermaid darkride at the former sub lagoon site. The rumored Fantasyland expansion upgrade appears to be in swing...and it's taking some surprising twists and turns.

screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_magic_kingdom.htm

2012 to 2015 - Fantasyland Update - Rumor - (7/9/09)

"Sucking up most of the budget is the proposed new Little Mermaid dark ride, but there are other new attractions in involved as well, such as converting Snow White into a family friendly coaster ride through the Dwarves diamond mine."

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Great news! I'm anxious to see photos of it. Thanks, Maverick.
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 07-09-2009 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Link to non partner site removed per board policy

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    source?

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    A Princess centered Enchanted Forest is coming to The Maic Kingdom's fantasyland. The expansion is to take place in the Mickey's Toon town fair area. The new area will include storytimes, a plentitude of meet and greets, music shows, birthday parties...and tons of entertaining moments that will leave kids, parents, and beautiful Disney princess lovers everywhere full of irrepresible happiness and laughter.

So if you enjoy magical enchantment and are crazy about princess (I know that I am! ), stay tuned for when the opening is announced.

Source: Theme Park Insider
    Sooo.... the big ugly "tent" behind Mickey and Minnie's house's is now going to be filled with an Enchant Forest instead of a shop, is that what I am understanding? (Theme continuity issue.) Or are they demolishing Toontown Fair? (An idea I am not against.) If they are, what about the Barnstormer? I love that Coaster! And... umm.. Princesses? Really? There has to be more to it than that. I mean my daughter would like it, but my son and I... Yawn...
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Coastierox View Post
    source?

Sooo.... the big ugly "tent" behind Mickey and Minnie's house's is now going to be filled with an Enchant Forest instead of a shop, is that what I am understanding? (Theme continuity issue.) Or are they demolishing Toontown Fair? (An idea I am not against.) If they are, what about the Barnstormer? I love that Coaster! And... umm.. Princesses? Really? There has to be more to it than that. I mean my daughter would like it, but my son and I... Yawn...
    It's unclear whether part or all od Toon Town Fair acreage would be used. An additional possibility is that some part of Fantasyland near to and bordering Toon Town Fair might also be redeveloped.

As for rides, I would imagine the Barnstormer would remain...and potentially rethemed. As for you and your son, Disney will not be so naive as to create a large area that appeals almost exclusely to girls. A Snow White diamond mine coaster/dark ride might be included in the Enchanted Forest.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Yeah. Well, I wiped the dust off and presented it anyway...cause it's still news that many are unaware of.
    Worldwide Disney Parks updates from Imagineering

It actually was already posted almost a week ago in the thread above.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Iron-Clad Allie

If the Snow White diamond mine coaster becomes a part of the Enchanted Forest, I would hope that WDW would consider another princess ride...Beauty and the Beast. How cool would that be?!

• Diamond Edition

Beauty and the Beast is rumored to replace Snow White's Scary Adventures. Also, I have never heard that the mine coaster would go in Enchanted Forrest. Everything I've heard so far claims this will go next to Mermaid, sharing the former Lagoon site.

It sounds to me like Enchanted Forrest is a clone of the super popular Princess Fantasy Fair at Disneyland. They do the exact same things inside, only there it was a former theater. I think the best place for this would be in the giant tent. That way, they don't have to change anything about Toontown Fair (although like others, I wish they would).

To me, it sounds like when you enter the tent that is currently a gift shop, you will have the option of getting in line for fairies or going straight in to Enchanted Forrest. Hopefully they will have some kind of a wall of trees to at least make it seem mysterious rather than just walking in and seeing everything. The area will be divided up into an area where each princess can make her grand entrance, an area where princesses will tell stories (what will happen to Story Time with Belle?), and an area for pictures and autographs, hopefully each princess getting her own fitting background.

While I'm not thrilled with the idea, character greetings are popular, especially with princesses. I think this would be a better use of that space than unnecessary retail that can all be found on Main Street. And remember, the whole reason that tent even exists was for the old Disney Afternoon Show, which was followed by meeting areas for pictures and autographs.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by goofystitch View Post
    Beauty and the Beast is rumored to replace Snow White's Scary Adventures. Also, I have never heard that the mine coaster would go in Enchanted Forrest. Everything I've heard so far claims this will go next to Mermaid, sharing the former Lagoon site.

It sounds to me like Enchanted Forrest is a clone of the super popular Princess Fantasy Fair at Disneyland. They do the exact same things inside, only there it was a former theater. I think the best place for this would be in the giant tent. That way, they don't have to change anything about Toontown Fair (although like others, I wish they would).

To me, it sounds like when you enter the tent that is currently a gift shop, you will have the option of getting in line for fairies or going straight in to Enchanted Forrest. Hopefully they will have some kind of a wall of trees to at least make it seem mysterious rather than just walking in and seeing everything. The area will be divided up into an area where each princess can make her grand entrance, an area where princesses will tell stories (what will happen to Story Time with Belle?), and an area for pictures and autographs, hopefully each princess getting her own fitting background.

While I'm not thrilled with the idea, character greetings are popular, especially with princesses. I think this would be a better use of that space than unnecessary retail that can all be found on Main Street. And remember, the whole reason that tent even exists was for the old Disney Afternoon Show, which was followed by meeting areas for pictures and autographs.
    Thank you for the exciting additional information, goofystitch.

The sub lagoon site would be a splended place to include the Snow White's diamond mine coaster along with the Little Mermaid dark ride. The replacement of the aging Snow White's Scary Adventures by Beauty and the Beast would be a very welcome change! Still, the Enchanted Forest needs a ride in order to be of interest to a wider cross-section of guests.

• Diamond Edition

I don't think Enchanted Forrest is meant to widely appeal to park guests, just those interested in the Princesses. As I've said before, the rumored plan sounds almost exactly like Princess Fantasy Fair at Disneyland, which is just a glorified meet and greet.

• Everyone neat and pretty?

I don't think Enchanted Forrest is meant to widely appeal to park guests, just those interested in the Princesses. As I've said before, the rumored plan sounds almost exactly like Princess Fantasy Fair at Disneyland, which is just a glorified meet and greet.
    I would hope that WDW would come up with something better and more guest friendly than the DL Princess Fantasy Faire. There is tons of room to expand there compared to DL. They converted the Fantasyland Theater at DL into a Princess meet and greet with shows, storytelling and other interactions. Now because of budget cuts, they have killed the show, storytellings and the arts and crafts. The only thing left in the area is the actual Royal Walk with is the meet and greet.

The line for this averages 45 minutes to an hour and a half and offers interaction with three Princess or one of their royal guest i.e. Mulan, Fairy Godmother. The entire area is almost useless now unless you have small girls that are into Princess. They should put the Princess back in front of the castle throughout the day and either convert the Fantasyland Theater into an actual show again (which doesn't generate money so that may not happen) or bulldoze it for a Princess themed attraction that keeps with the Fantasyland theme. The Little Mermaid attraction coming to DCA would have been an excellent addition to the DL Fantasyland.
    "Some of us prefer illusion to despair!" ~ Nelson Muntz of The Simpsons when being teased for liking Snow White and being told that she was just an actress.

• Iron-Clad Allie

It's beginning to appear that you are right. A glorified meet and greet is quite a let down in my eyes. Perhaps the musical shows will be terrific and worth seeing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast