• Yay, Blunt Force Trauma!!

End of October very crowded?

So I just called Disney to see if they had any room available for the 18th - 23rd of October for the tail end of our Disney trip, and they had nothing available except for the Fort Wilderness Cabins and Pop Century. Then I realized that the Funai Classic is going on the same time we would be there, so now I'm thinking of avoiding WDW all together at this time, I'm sure the crowds are going to be insane. Any thoughts?

• Banned User

Re: End of October very crowded?

I don't think the crowds will be any worst than say...sept. These events usually last a couple of days and it's over. However, the end of Oct also sees some traffic around the MK due to the halloween parties (but you need a separate ticket for that). Also adding to the mix is the fact that there are some schools on holiday around that time, plue the entire population of the UK crashing WDW seemingly all year long.
    It will be crowded to some degree but not horrendous as it usually is during holidays and summer.

• UnExiled Minion

It will be calmer the week after the golf tournament.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Well right now I'm planning on smack dab in the middle of the golf tournament. But American Airlines pretty much made the decision for me, in order to change my flight it would be $400, so looks like we are Olrando bound. Ahhhh well.... no worries, I've been down there in October before, but I've never seen all of the Disney rooms booked up before. So I think I just got paranoid and worried.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by HMFan
    Well right now I'm planning on smack dab in the middle of the golf tournament. But American Airlines pretty much made the decision for me, in order to change my flight it would be $400, so looks like we are Olrando bound. Ahhhh well.... no worries, I've been down there in October before, but I've never seen all of the Disney rooms booked up before. So I think I just got paranoid and worried.
    Aw, well I will see you then? It will be busy over Halloween like TDLFAN said and the third weekend in Oct. all Minnesota schools have thurs/fri off which makes MANY of them migrate to WDW. It could easily be a combination of things like that. Don't let it worry you-- you know it won't be as busy at December!

I'm going Oct 8-14th. So it is safe to say that it will be busy. But not insane? Also, (I know it's not Disney) Do you think it is possible to do USF/IOA in one day during this period?

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

The last few times I have gone down to WDW was in Oct, and even though the parks were swarming with Brits, the lines were still very minimal. I think the longest line I saw was for ToT and that was only about 30mins.

I remember going once during october and there was some sort of cheerleading competition and even then the parks were nice and empty.

Hey and if worse comes to worse, get a fast pass to the ride with the longest line and then go check out some rides that dont generate big lines, thats what I do.

Also, follow my simple rule, work from left to right. No matter what park you go to, always work left to right. For some reason people always go right, so if you go left, by the time you get to the right, everyone that went right will now be where you were already, and since it will be later in the day, and most kids need naps or food, the right side of the park will be less crowded, and you can enjoy it more.

the only area where this doesnt apply is in Fantasy Land in MK, for some reason there are ALWAYS lines there, especially for Peter Pan...

Quote Originally Posted by ZedIzDead
    Also, (I know it's not Disney) Do you think it is possible to do USF/IOA in one day during this period?
    I wouldn't see why not.... I've done it before. Just keep in mind that both parks might be closing early, usually like 6 p.m., due to Halloween Horror Nights.

Quote Originally Posted by ZedIzDead
    I'm going Oct 8-14th. So it is safe to say that it will be busy. But not insane? Also, (I know it's not Disney) Do you think it is possible to do USF/IOA in one day during this period?
    well, HHH is only on the weekends, so if you want to check out USF/IOA, go during mid week, like on a wednesday.... Should be nice and empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Parisi
    well, HHH is only on the weekends, so if you want to check out USF/IOA, go during mid week, like on a wednesday.... Should be nice and empty.
    Did something change then? Because the have HHN on certain Wednesday and every Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by HMFan
    Did something change then? Because the have HHN on certain Wednesday and every Thursday.

Sorry about that, you are correct. It seems they are having HHN beginning Wednesday Oct12, but as far as I can tell thats the only wednesday night I see.