Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• With The Brain Of A Bird

Should Mr. Toad Return... And Juiced?

I've been reading the interesting posts on how the Little Mermaid attraction will be going into WDW's Fantasyland and talk of upgrades to the land including a Seven Dwarfs Mine Train coaster. I didn't want to open a new can of worms in The Little Mermaid thread so I thought I should start another one.

I read many years ago that when Disneyland was being designed, the imagineers originally conceived of "Mr. Toads Wild Ride" as a small roller coaster. But Walt Disney felt that, for the 1950's, it wouldn't be family friendly enough and so the attraction was tamed into the dark ride guests fell in love with. DL's is still there and being a Walt Disney original can stay as it is, but WDW's was removed some time ago. If it were to return to the Magic Kingdom, is this the time for the original vision of the imagineers to come to light? Would you prefer the runaway cars be Mr. Toad's rather than the Seven Dwarfs? Or should the past remain in the past and the Seven Dwarfs should have the track? They do out number the frog .

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Should Mr. Toad Return... And Juiced?

I'd be happy if they just moved it to the UK pavilion in EPCOT. Upgraded effects maybe, but I like it much better as a dark ride than as a coaster idea.

And I've never heard that it was supposed to be coaster; I've heard that about Casey Jr., but not Toad.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• With The Brain Of A Bird

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    And I've never heard that it was supposed to be coaster; I've heard that about Casey Jr., but not Toad.
    I suppose I could be mistaken. I've been trying to remember where I read it but it was so many years ago and I've read so much stuff on the making of Disneyland and Imagineering over the years that I can't place now where I saw it. I'm pretty sure though that it said Mr. Toad.

Interesting take by the way, placing Mr. Toad in the UK pavilion in EPCOT. That hadn't crossed my mind.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Looking at the themes that are put into the parks today - they are almost exclusively the top-shelf Disney features or recent films. Characters that only appeared once in compilation film that really gets no playtime or promotion from Disney have a zero chance at getting prime placement in the parks these days.

All you need to do is look at Disney's behavior with the property to see their perceived market value of it today.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

I would be shocked if Disney revived the Toad franchise into a major attraction. The only hope is maybe a remake or new series to warrant a new attraction.

• Irrational Mr. Toad Fan

YES, please bring Mr. Toad back!!

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete's Dragon View Post
    I would be shocked if Disney revived the Toad franchise into a major attraction. The only hope is maybe a remake or new series to warrant a new attraction.
    They made an attempt by hiring some of the Monty Python crew to film A Wind in the Willows. I like Python so I thought it was a great flick,but it went straight to DVD... and straight past WDW.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Let me know if they do - I can sell them their Toad car back!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Storyteller

^ A great collector's item, Circarama!

• Now with 5% more insanity

I would love to see that ride come back. It was there when I first went to WDW, and I had a blast on it. The sad thing is, I doubt it will ever come back because of the guns, alcohol, and the Hell scene. I think it would actually be really fun as a Dinosaur type of ride, where the car moves around a lot. That would certainly be a good representation of Mr. Toad's driving.

And @Circarama, that is just too cool!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    Let me know if they do - I can sell them their Toad car back!
    OHHH MAN!! I am painfully jealous. How did you get your hands on such a great collectible?

• Vehicle rotating backward

Everything is for sale these days.

"Hello stranger! Whut are ya buyin'? Got something that might interest ya. We got some rare items for sale... Whatcha gonna do with that ride vehicle, hm? Come back any time!"

(now let's see if anyone else here has ever played Resident Evil 4 and gets the gag.)

• Storyteller

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    Everything is for sale these days.

"Hello stranger! Whut are ya buyin'? Got something that might interest ya. We got some rare items for sale... Whatcha gonna do with that ride vehicle, hm? Come back any time!"

(now let's see if anyone else here has ever played Resident Evil 4 and gets the gag.)

Got it! Great game.

I want that car...lol

I would love to see the ride back..it was my fave as a child...I miss it a lot when I'm on a trip to DW

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BANANAZ View Post
    I would love to see that ride come back. It was there when I first went to WDW, and I had a blast on it. The sad thing is, I doubt it will ever come back because of the guns, alcohol, and the Hell scene. I think it would actually be really fun as a Dinosaur type of ride, where the car moves around a lot. That would certainly be a good representation of Mr. Toad's driving.

And @Circarama, that is just too cool!
    Yeah your probably right on at least one of the reasons it might have been taken out..I never understood why it was taken out either the ride's que was always full whenever my family and I went down to WDW...which is why I was surprised it wasn't taken out of Cali when they took it out of WDW, because Cali is much more hyper-liberal anti-gun then Florida can ever strive to be...
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast