Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: Fantasyland Refurb Blueprints Online!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    That being said, I'd love to see a couple of sold C or D ticket dark rides. I remember hearing stories about a Mary Poppins "Jolly Holiday" ride that was proposed years ago but put on the back burner. That would be a good fit in Fantasyland. Plus... PENGUINS!
    It was apparently supposed to be built instead of Peter Pan's Flight. From Walt Dated World:
    " When Walt Disney World was first being planned, Fantasyland was going to have a completely different set of dark rides. Instead of Snow White's Scary Adventures, guests would travel through Sleeping Beauty's story. In place of flying with Peter Pan, guests would've flown along on a Jolly Holiday with Mary Poppins. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride would've been replaced with a crazy Ichabod Crane Headless Horseman ride."

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    I am not sure about this...."Voyage of the Mermaid attraction"? Seems to me not to be the best choice of titles on the blueprints, since it would be the Little Mermaid, and that's already the title of the DHS show.

I'm optimistic we'll get something, just not sure it'll be this exactly.
    The attraction is listed on the construction walls as The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure. Looking at the drawing, the space does look more like a theater. I see no clear track layout like what is present for the other visible dark rides.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Huh, if you look really close it looks like they will be extending the underground tunnel as well. Through Belle and ending at the Cinderella Attraction.
    I'm not really sure where you are getting that idea from. The entrance to the utilidors is behind Pinocchio's Village Haus. The drawing shows everything being built on existing land.

5. The tea cups seem a little too far north than their current location, will they be moved?
    The Tea Cups are drawn in their existing location.

• Established 2005

I see the tunnel extension as well. Think about it, if these are indeed Meet and Greets, they will need access for the Princesses from backstage. If these individual spots are floating as they are in thie blueprint, they will need a tunnel. New tunnel?!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post

I'm not really sure where you are getting that idea from. The entrance to the utilidors is behind Pinocchio's Village Haus. The drawing shows everything being built on existing land.

If you start at the open walkway in front of Belle's and Gaston's (where the black lines meet in the walkway) you can see a faint dotted line and it continues left to the backside of the restrooms behind Pinocchio's Village Haus and right, ending at the Cinderella attraction.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    The attraction is listed on the construction walls as The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure. Looking at the drawing, the space does look more like a theater. I see no clear track layout like what is present for the other visible dark rides.
    But my point was that the name itself is already used at Disney's Hollywood Studios for its Little Mermaid attraction. Also, the fact it is called "Voyage of Mermaid" on here instead of "Voyage of the Little Mermaid" or even "Little Mermaid" attraction. I just don't see the word "little" missing from the blueprints; seems off to me.

However, I do really believe WDW is getting a clone of DCA's attraction. I just am not convinced this is real yet. But, I would love to be proven wrong, or even better, to be wowed by something different.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

That's one hell of an attention to detail and some very inventive details if it's a fake. I'm not certain it isn't, but is they did a great job. I wonder if the differences in fonts and degree of pixilation could be because one style is the existing map and the other is the newer stuff?

I'm hoping some of those "attractions" besides The Little Mermaid really are legit attractions and not merely meet-and-greets.

I wonder if the label Gaston's/Be Our Guest means they haven't picked which way they're going with a Beauty & the Beast themed eatery yet. Can I vote for Gaston's?

Double Dumbo is a brilliant and simple solution for the helping reduce the wait times for an attraction that's an icon, yet doesn't really seem worth waiting a really long time for.

If they add all this in, it could pave the way for a refurb/redecoration of the existing Fantasyland in the future. Leave that stuff as it is for now, then when the new stuff is open and absorbing guests, then shut down the old attractions one at a time and get them to theme with the new stuff.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clockworkmonkey View Post

I wonder if the label Gaston's/Be Our Guest means they haven't picked which way they're going with a Beauty & the Beast themed eatery yet. Can I vote for Gaston's?
    I thought the Be Our Guest was Table Service, and Gaston's was quick service, but that was jut my interpretation.

I feel like Barnstormer is wayyy out of place in Princess Forest.

• Occasional Reader

The essence of Fakery is that it has to be believable to sufficient people that the doubters doubt themsleves....sorry, I think its Fake

People are already casting judgement based on what may or may not come to pass.

Aimster has it right "believe it when you see it". I'll add to that judge it when it's finished, if it's real !!

And I'll confirm, I think its Fake
    Last edited by Thorpeedo; 07-16-2009 at 11:35 AM. Reason: adding I think it's fake!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

If you start at the open walkway in front of Belle's and Gaston's (where the black lines meet in the walkway) you can see a faint dotted line and it continues left to the backside of the restrooms behind Pinocchio's Village Haus and right, ending at the Cinderella attraction.
    I see it now. Thank you.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

That concept art if from EuroDisney, not WDW, so I'm not sure if that helps substantiate anything.

Disney and more: 12/28/08 - 1/4/09

• Pilot EdForceOne

Oh I hope not, would look horribly tacky to make this brand new area and have the rest of FL left in its current state.
    The speculation is some of this castle stuff shown there would act like a seperator between the areas.. keeping the styles isolated if need be.

This would also prevent Disney from having to shutdown all of FL during the work. More reason to think the old FL will be left as is IMO.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_The_Tank View Post
    I feel like Barnstormer is wayyy out of place in Princess Forest.
    I'm all but convinced the rumored Snow White Rollercoaster is a retheming of the Goofy coaster.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    The speculation is some of this castle stuff shown there would act like a seperator between the areas.. keeping the styles isolated if need be.

This would also prevent Disney from having to shutdown all of FL during the work. More reason to think the old FL will be left as is IMO.
    I am not sure the existing Fantasyland needs to be shut down in its entirety, like Disneyland. The shops and eateries already sport the village motif, they just need a better color scheme. It's really just the attractions that need new facades.

Personally, if it was me coming up with a timetable for this project, I would hold off redoing the existing attraction facades until the end. Then, once the new offerings are up and running fully, close each attraction one at a time to redo the exterior and upgrade the interior.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)