Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Faith Trust & Pixie Dust!

Question Disney World in late August/Early September

So let me start by saying I have been to WDW and don't really need to know everything there is to do there. It has been about 3 years since my last trip so updates would be nice.

My main questions are the usual...guests and fun things to do for 2 people.

I have only gone to WDW in early July/middle of July so that is what I have to go on for crowds...what are they like the last week of August/first week of September. We are doing the Disney Cruise before and only spending 5 full days in the parks, but because of the deal we got at the hotel (we are staying at the Port Orleans River Side) we have extra days on our ticket, but they won't be full days. I checked the hours online and they seem doable, but just wondering what kinds of crowds we will be dealing with.

The second question is about things for 2 people. I am used to going with my parents and sister and we enjoy the parks and take our time but there are lots of things we have skipped because they didn't interest everyone. Now I'm curious if they were worth skipping or if now that it's me and my husband going if they are worth stopping and seeing. Any input on this would be great! To me there are no bad ideas or suggestions.

Thanks in advance for the tips...there will be a trip report and pictures when I get back.
    I miss Disney World...
    Check out my Disney Cruise Trip Report...lots of photos being added: http://micechat.com/forums/disney-cr...ey-wonder.html

Re: Disney World in late August/Early September

Hmm exactly what week are you going? I suggest stopping in downtown disney and checking out the new T- Rex Restaurant theming is top notch. I was with a total of 4 people including me we get in within a short 20 minutes, I believe this is due to the size of the restaurant. If you're planning to take a trip to the Magic Kingdom also known as the most magic place on earth. Be sure to remember to take a trip to those attractions that are sometimes forgotten such as the Liberty Belle, Tom Sawyer Island, and the Walt Disney RailRoad plus if your bored the conductors love having a good chat with someone.
    Motor Mania!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

I too have a trip planned with my partner from the August 22nd to the 29th how are the crowds/weather during that time of the year?

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

Hey I'll be in disney the 22nd too. As for crowds they should be moderate but as I found out the day before the 22nd is a huge jewish holiday and the crowds are expected to be pretty big. As for weather it does tend to rain at random times but only for a few minutes then it's back to the Florida heat and humidity. On the back end of your trip expect crowds lighten down a bit.
    Motor Mania!

• Occasional Reader

Is there anyone not going at the end of August :-)
    Riverside 21st-4th Sept
    Smile, you never know who's looking !

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpeedo View Post
    Is there anyone not going at the end of August :-)
    Riverside 21st-4th Sept
    Well, I am going to be there tomorrow and probably again in a couple of weeks.. and most probably, again in late august and in september as well.
    I can tell you this much.. it will still be a bit hot and humid.. and good chances of thunderstorms.. not to mention hurricanes, since you are planning to visit at the start of that season as well (reason why the rooms are cheap, and so are the cruises to the caribbean.) Crowds? well, historically, once the kids are back in school.. crowds should not be a problem at that time of the year.. However, it has become more difficult to predict because of several reasons.. like parents who are into taking their kids off school to go to Disney in the so-called "slow/cheap season"; many UK guests showing up and staying in town for like.. weeks on end. Still, the crowds will be there but it will be mangeable and not out of control like the summer and holiday weekends used to be years ago..

So RELAX, and do not worry.. you will be OK. Just bring an umbrella, a pair of shorts and a hurricane survival kit... just in case the weather turns nasty.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Well, I am going to be there tomorrow and probably again in a couple of weeks.. and most probably, again in late august and in september as well.
    I can tell you this much.. it will still be a bit hot and humid.. and good chances of thunderstorms.. not to mention hurricanes, since you are planning to visit at the start of that season as well (reason why the rooms are cheap, and so are the cruises to the caribbean.) Crowds? well, historically, once the kids are back in school.. crowds should not be a problem at that time of the year.. However, it has become more difficult to predict because of several reasons.. like parents who are into taking their kids off school to go to Disney in the so-called "slow/cheap season"; many UK guests showing up and staying in town for like.. weeks on end. Still, the crowds will be there but it will be mangeable and not out of control like the summer and holiday weekends used to be years ago..

So RELAX, and do not worry.. you will be OK. Just bring an umbrella, a pair of shorts and a hurricane survival kit... just in case the weather turns nasty.
    Exactly what is included in a Hurricane Survival Kit? Should I pack one for my vacation in the middle part of August?

• Another trip down I-4

A good hurricane survival kit if you're staying on property is basically a number of activities to do if you're trapped in your room (cards, books, etc) and a few bottles of wine to pass the time.

Are you nuts? IF there was a a hurricane just raid the mini fridge, jk.
    Motor Mania!

Quote Originally Posted by Spacoli View Post
    Hmm exactly what week are you going? I suggest stopping in downtown disney and checking out the new T- Rex Restaurant theming is top notch. I was with a total of 4 people including me we get in within a short 20 minutes, I believe this is due to the size of the restaurant. If you're planning to take a trip to the Magic Kingdom also known as the most magic place on earth. Be sure to remember to take a trip to those attractions that are sometimes forgotten such as the Liberty Belle, Tom Sawyer Island, and the Walt Disney RailRoad plus if your bored the conductors love having a good chat with someone.

We are going to be on the Disney Cruise from the 23rd until the 27th. We are doing the 4 day cruise so we have the typical day at Nassau, day at Castaway Cay, then a day at sea. We land on the 27th in the morning so technically our Disney World vacation starts the 27th, but it will be more of a half day. Then we are staying until the 2nd of September. Our flight leaves in the evening so again we technically have a half day for the parks before needing to leave.

We have been there before, like I said, so I know about the rain and it doesn't really bother me. You dry really fast and the rain feels good. We rarely use ponchos or umbrellas *I'm from Seattle so I'm used to rain* so I'm not too worried about that.

Any other suggestions?
    I miss Disney World...
    Check out my Disney Cruise Trip Report...lots of photos being added: http://micechat.com/forums/disney-cr...ey-wonder.html

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Okay then so other then the hurricanes, humidity and heat its good time to go!

So far we planned to bring the following.
    - Ponchos
    - Umbrella
    - Playing cards
    - Shorts
    - Tank Tops

Anything else?

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

Here's another random question...what credit cards do they accept at WDW? I know Visa because of the Disney Visa, but it that it?
    Oh, and what is ok to bring into the parks? I was thinking about bringing my own water bottle and filling it up at fountains through out the day and adding Crystal Light to give it some flavor...do they let you bring in water bottles? What about camera lenses? I'm thinking about getting a DSLR camera and don't want to get in trouble for bring in a big lens. Thanks!
    I miss Disney World...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

I think they do allow water bottles in the park, Oh the DSLR question is a good one I do want to take mine.

• Banned User

Sassy, besides Visa cards, they take just about ewverything else.. Masters card, AmEx, Discover... You will be OK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Exactly what is included in a Hurricane Survival Kit? Should I pack one for my vacation in the middle part of August?
    Batteries, a battery operated radio, flashlight, lots of canned food, can opener, water bottles... anything you might need when you confront the need to be without electricity for days of days or even weeks.

I figured as much about the credit cards, I just wanted to make sure.

So with the Hurricanes how likely are they to close the parks? What has to happen for you to be stuck in your room because the parks are closed. I haven't heard of this happening that much.
    I miss Disney World...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast