Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Alien Encounter

• Future Imagineer! =D

Alien Encounter

What was Alien Encounter like? Was it really scary? I never got to see it. Does anybody have good videos? I found a few but all you can see it pitch blackness and all you an hear is screaming. I'm just a little curious because I heard they removed it because it was too scary. Haha. Thanks for any information!
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: Alien Encounter

I only had the opportunity to experience the attraction once, and it was simply amazing. How scary it was depends on how easily you are scared. I spent the whole time laughing because of how cool I thought it was. A video is not going to do any good as the whole thing was based around messing with your senses. The best part, in my opinion, was when a technician comes running into the room on a platform above, the aliens jumps up there, eat the guy and his blood splatters on you.

• Future Imagineer! =D

Oh wow. Haha. That sounds...weird. I bet a lot of kids were terrified. Haha. How did you experience the show? Like did you stand and there was a screen? Or what? Thanks for the info! =]
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Future Imagineer <3

• враг народа

Blog Entries

You sat in a seat just like in the current Stitch's Great Escape attraction.

• Future Imagineer! =D

Ohhh. I haven't seen Stitch's Great Espcape yet. I've only been to WDW once and it was in December. I'll try to go on it when I go in December again this year though. I heard that a shoulder restraint automatically came down
    Disney is my life <3
    Future Imagineer <3

• Banned User

I never had the chance to experience AE either, but from everything I've heard, it was vastly better than Stitch. Stitch is just a bad attraction; the ONLY good thing about it is that the AAs are excellent.

Replacing Alien with Stitch has to be one of Disney's more boneheaded decisions. Seriously.

• We'll hold them at bay

To me, AE was a victim of misplacement. It got a lot of bad press because it was so scary and it was in the MK. If that attraction was put into the Studios perhaps with a "Aliens" movie theme, it would still be there
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• keep moving forward...

I remember riding this with my dad once. It had been around for a few years around that time, and I was always told I was unallowed to ride it. I thought it was because it was a large rollercoaster, and didnt ask about it much. One year my dad finally took me on it, I just remember it being very loud, and at the time, I was easily scared by loud noises. From what I remember, the ride was a multi sensory experience, much like stitches great escape is today. The main differece between the two is that alein encounter went out of its way to scare.

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

I only got to experience Alien Encounter twice, and loved it. The first time I went, I knew nothing about the attraction and the friend I was "riding" it with wouldn't tell me anything. I kept asking what kind of ride it was - dark ride, coaster, spinner. She wouldn't say. As the shoulder restraints locked us down tight, I was sure we were in for some kind of extreme motion in the attraction, but it wasn't like anything I expected.

At every step (the full title of the attraction, the signs outside, signs along the queue, the preshow) the tried to warn that this was a no-kidding, actually scary ride, but apparently still got complaints that it was too scary.

It may have been an odd fit for the Magic Kingdom, but I sure enjoyed it.

• Diamond Edition

I first went on Alien Encounter when I was 10 in 1995. My favorite land was Tomorrowland and I was excited to see it. Little did I know that it was going to make me cry. Honestly, I remember it taking a good 30 minutes for me to calm down. Not only did a terrifying alien breath on my neck, touch me, and jump on my shoulders, all in the dark mind you, but he also ate somebody and their blood hit me in the face. Not a good idea at the Magic Kingdom.

When it was announced that the attraction was closing in 2003, I was glad. While I had grown to appreciate the attraction as a got older, I still hated seeing kids come out screaming. It simply didn't belong there. And while I'm not a big fan of Stitch's Great Escape, it is an entertainment offering more in sync with what Magic Kingdom should be offering.

• www.JonAutopsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcB View Post
    To me, AE was a victim of misplacement. It got a lot of bad press because it was so scary and it was in the MK. If that attraction was put into the Studios perhaps with a "Aliens" movie theme, it would still be there
    That would be AWESOME
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcB View Post
    Thats where it needs to go right now

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by goofystitch View Post
    I first went on Alien Encounter when I was 10 in 1995. My favorite land was Tomorrowland and I was excited to see it. Little did I know that it was going to make me cry. Honestly, I remember it taking a good 30 minutes for me to calm down. Not only did a terrifying alien breath on my neck, touch me, and jump on my shoulders, all in the dark mind you, but he also ate somebody and their blood hit me in the face. Not a good idea at the Magic Kingdom.

When it was announced that the attraction was closing in 2003, I was glad. While I had grown to appreciate the attraction as a got older, I still hated seeing kids come out screaming. It simply didn't belong there. And while I'm not a big fan of Stitch's Great Escape, it is an entertainment offering more in sync with what Magic Kingdom should be offering.
    It was for reasons like this here that they removed it. Do I think it was too intense? Of course, but that's why it should be up to the parents to determine whether the kids can handle it. It's not like there weren't warning signs to that effect on the outside of the attraction.

Unfortunately, people don't always use the best judgment and as a result you have good attractions closed down. Was it in the wrong place? Yes, I'll agree with that, Epcot or DHS would be a better location for it for sure.

To be fair...Stitch would be viewed as just as scary to little kids, with the moments of pitch black just like in AE

Quote Originally Posted by LittleImagineer View Post
    Ohhh. I haven't seen Stitch's Great Espcape yet. I've only been to WDW once and it was in December. I'll try to go on it when I go in December again this year though. I heard that a shoulder restraint automatically came down

The ride restraints are the same just different Alien.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast