Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 15.00%
  • No

34 85.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The impact of fastpass in 2010

With Disney trying to make money with Fast Pass hopefully they wont put it in action at WDW until 2011 due to the fact of Harry Potter land or whatever...
    What do u think

• Sock Puppet

Re: The impact of fastpass in 2010

Disneyland is selling fastpasses?

When?

Where?

As it stands now itís the only system in which anyone of any income can enjoy equally. To charge for this would be nothing more than corporate greed.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

I tend to agree that selling the Fastpasses would pretty much undermine any inherent equality of the masses at Disney, and would just blaringly show their recent corporate culture of extreme greed..

either rip all the machines out and let nobody get one, or keep them there and free...ripping them out seems to be the better solution, they'll save money on those tickets and paying the CMs to stand at the fast pass lanes as well as dispensor, increase profits by cutting fat that isn't necessary to the product(espescially where it won't be missed) not by charging more for the same product...isn't this in Economics 101?
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

Post Re: The impact of fastpass in 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Meettherobinson View Post
    Disneyland is selling fastpasses?

When?

Where?
    There testing it in DLP

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tickle View Post
    As it stands now itís the only system in which anyone of any income can enjoy equally. To charge for this would be nothing more than corporate greed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ORD84 View Post
    I tend to agree that selling the Fastpasses would pretty much undermine any inherent equality of the masses at Disney, and would just blaringly show their recent corporate culture of extreme greed..

either rip all the machines out and let nobody get one, or keep them there and free...ripping them out seems to be the better solution, they'll save money on those tickets and paying the CMs to stand at the fast pass lanes as well as dispensor, increase profits by cutting fat that isn't necessary to the product(espescially where it won't be missed) not by charging more for the same product...isn't this in Economics 101?
    Yes and yes

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I'm a die hard Disney fan....but, I'd be highly ticked off if they started charging for fastpasses. I'd actually rethink visiting the world if they did that.

• Minion

Charging for Fastpass would most likely mean far less people using the system which in turn would cause standby lines to move much quicker and ultimately decrease the necessity of using Fastpass for certain attractions. As long as the number of Fastpasses sold are limited (hopefully far less than what they currently distribute for free), I'm all for charging for Fastpass. It seems like a nice free perk but as others have previously discussed in length in previous threads and articles, I suspect it's not nearly as amazing as it seems. I think the biggest problem for Disney though would be the backlash from guests used to the free service.

Selling fast passes would just cause more frustration amongst the guests in the standby line. New guests who go to the parks already think that you must purchase fast passes (Thanks Universal). Disney knows this and puts walls up to separate fast pass from stand-by so neither line can see each other. Older attractions that did not use fast pass do not have walls because Disney didn't know how the guests would react to seeing fast pass cut in front of stand-by and now it's biting Disney in the a**.
    Last edited by FX-1; 08-05-2009 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kirbilicious View Post
    Charging for Fastpass would most likely mean far less people using the system which in turn would cause standby lines to move much quicker and ultimately decrease the necessity of using Fastpass for certain attractions. As long as the number of Fastpasses sold are limited (hopefully far less than what they currently distribute for free), I'm all for charging for Fastpass. It seems like a nice free perk but as others have previously discussed in length in previous threads and articles, I suspect it's not nearly as amazing as it seems. I think the biggest problem for Disney though would be the backlash from guests used to the free service.

Look at Universal's HHN. Those Lines are insane and Universal dose not limit the amout of passes they sell. The Express pass costs more than the event ticket itself and people are still willing to purchase it and Disney and Universal will never limit it, because people will buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by FX-1 View Post
    Look at Universal's HHN. Those Lines are insane and Universal dose not limit the amout of passes they sell. The Express pass costs more than the event ticket itself and people are still willing to purchase it and Disney and Universal will never limit it, because people will buy it.
    Wow really?

Quote Originally Posted by kirbilicious View Post
    Why would the standby would be faster it would be better but not that fast

I think people would not be that angry if they only do it in 2012 at Disneys California Adventure because of the park overhaul finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Twist1234 View Post
    Wow really?
    Yeah we went last year and showed up a little late. We know a mgr there so we got free express pass. The lines were hours long and in the express lines we were waiting an average of 30min+. At the front entrance they were still barking asking people to purchase express passes even though the event had like 1hr left.

Quote Originally Posted by FX-1 View Post
    Yeah we went last year and showed up a little late. We know a mgr there so we got free express pass. The lines were hours long and in the express lines we were waiting an average of 30min+. At the front entrance they were still barking asking people to purchase express passes even though the event had like 1hr left.
    Holy crap!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast