View Poll Results: Whats do you think outcome of Space Mountain's refurb will be?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • It will surprise us! Just wait and see.

19 45.24%
  • Just a standard update with the bare needs and nothing more.

23 54.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Illuminate

Space Mountain Whats Up With the Hype?

As all of us know space mountain is currently down for refubisment at MK, and while at first these forums were teeming with new news and rumors on space mountain's much needed update, but in recent times the threads on space mountain have began to dwindle which leds to my question: Is the hype for space mountain's new update dwindling or with the ride being inside out of site is there simply no visible progress to report on, and what do you think the outcome of the update will be: Is disney secretly going to "wow" us with more than we expected or will it just be a standard update that the ride turly needed with not fluff?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Space Mountain Whats Up With the Hype?

Quote Originally Posted by ThemeParkGuy View Post
    As all of us know space mountain is currently down for refubisment at MK, and while at first these forums were teeming with new news and rumors on space mountain's much needed update, but in recent times the threads on space mountain have began to dwindle which leds to my question: Is the hype for space mountain's new update dwindling or with the ride being inside out of site is there simply no visible progress to report on, and what do you think the outcome of the update will be: Is disney secretly going to "wow" us with more than we expected or will it just be a standard update that the ride turly needed with not fluff?
    I think it's going to be a mixture of the 2 - some new stuff but not as much as originally thought. I think the big rumor right now is the NEXTGEN interactive queue. There are tons of rumors, but I think right now it's a safe bet to say people really don't know what to expect, but it's at least getting new track, probably the new queue, new loading area, and maybe some new effects. Other items, most importantly the audio and new trains, seemed to have disappeared off the rumor mill.

So, I think it's a mixture, but I hope it is a surprise and a lot more that what people are expecting.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Illuminate

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    I think it's going to be a mixture of the 2 - some new stuff but not as much as originally thought. I think the big rumor right now is the NEXTGEN interactive queue. There are tons of rumors, but I think right now it's a safe bet to say people really don't know what to expect, but it's at least getting new track, probably the new queue, new loading area, and maybe some new effects. Other items, most importantly the audio and new trains, seemed to have disappeared off the rumor mill.

So, I think it's a mixture, but I hope it is a surprise and a lot more that what people are expecting.
    If they went through the trouble of replacing the track i dont see at the very least why you couldnt get new trains, even though it would be icing on the cake to also have an onboard soundtrack because has someone on put it on youtube: it would be like playing a old VHS on a new 1080p HD TV.

But nevertheless it will be interesting what find out what WDI is able to cook up by SM's winter reopening.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post

I agree, the queue news is definitely exciting and I'll be interested in seeing what they do. Track is expensive and to be honest I wasn't all that impressed with DL's remake of Space Mountain. I liked the re-entry tunnel and the new load but it was mostly the same ride with detail of it even lost in the since that the asteroid was removed.

Looking at what WDW has for a Pirates ride I can't hold out much hope for the Space Mountain refurb if it isn't as long as most I'm used to. Granted I LOVE what they've done with HM which I guess leads to me feeling conflicted again. Pirates isn't even a matter of how poorly the animatronics move but also the amount of added effects and detail in scenes like the ship battle scene is pretty obvious (DL has many more effects going on here which disappointments me a bit)

• Super Old Guy

I didn't vote because there should have been at least one more choice there -

"I don't have a clue what the refurb will bring, but I'm looking forward to it!"

• DOasDREAMERSdo

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post

"I don't have a clue what the refurb will bring, but I'm looking forward to it!"
    Agreed! :]
    DREAMING IS BELIEVING

• Dreaming of Disney...

When does it open?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

It re-opens in late November.

• Illuminate

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post

What other choice should i have added?

• Super Old Guy

Umm, I just gave you the choice. It's there, between the quotes.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'm in wait & see mode. I just hope it's at least relatively cool.

If the track is just a little bit smoother I'll be happy. If the ride is darker and smoother Ill be really happy.All that and a new quee would delight me
    All of that plus an on board soundtrack would make me jump for joy.
    Motor Mania!

• Disneyland Grandee

Whatever the refurb entails, I just hope there will be soft openings when we are there Nov8-Nov16th.

Please, please, and pretty please???
    ~~Jodi~~
    Next WDW trip coming up 10-5-10 to 10-15-10, Wilderness Lodge Villas.

Any think there might be soft openings for the TTA on the 21st?
    Motor Mania!

• Pilot EdForceOne

so if the hype dies down... we poke it with a stick ?

Low noise simply because there is low information. All the speculation wars have been worn down, and the disagreements on what have been leaked have pretty much all had their say.

Unlike a project like WoC which is out in the wild for everyone to speculate day to day on progress... projects like SM have virtually no external things to see.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast