• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Parking at Downtown Disney

I notice that Downtown Disney has a No Charge in parking at that location. I was wondering is it possible to park there in the morning and take the shuttle to the Disney Parks. Just wanted to see if anyone has tried that or was there a parking restriction for the length of time?

Thanks!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Re: Parking at Downtown Disney

There are no busses that run between DTD and any of the parks (to stop people from doing what you're thinking about!).

You will need to catch a bus to a resort and then transfer.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

And that can take time. Plus that means you're cheating the system and taking parking spots from people who are actually visiting Downtown Disney.

Well you could park at a hotel by asking for a temporay parking pass. You can do so by asking the security guard if you can take a look at the hotel and that you are considering staying there. For this isn't dishonest becuase once you see the hotel you will want to stay there.
    Motor Mania!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spacoli View Post
    Well you could park at a hotel by asking for a temporay parking pass. You can do so by asking the security guard if you can take a look at the hotel and that you are considering staying there. For this isn't dishonest becuase once you see the hotel you will want to stay there.
    Actually, that's not fair to the resort guests who are paying to stay there, since you're crowding the buses the resort guests are paying for, which are overcrowded enough already.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

While I have never seen it done in practice, Disney does state that the buses at Downtown Disney are for resort guests only and that a room key is required.

Personally, I'd rather just pay the $12 instead of enduring the likely hour plus bus ride to or from the park.

• She was sweet as a peach

The parking pass they give you is for three hours. Enough time for a meal (because people not staying at the hotel will go there for meals) and to shop.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

As everyone else has stated, when Disney figured out that people took the free parking and then the busses to the parks, they stopped running them. Same with the water parks. Even if you wanted to go through that whole process of taking a resort bus and then getting to the park...unless you are going to MK there is no way it comes close to even being remotely worth it time-wise. The time it kills justifies the parking price.

While I am not all about the price for parking in the theme parks here (this is one trend Universal sets and not Disney) the extra time you have in the parks can make up for the $12.

• Mostly Harmless.

How about we all just be honest individuals and follow the rules, hmm?
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Minion

Actually....... I just went on Friday, depending on the crowds, some days they direct you to park at the Disneyland Parking structure free of charge. (I went on Friday night) HOWEVER, when I was leaving, they had the DTD parking open.... So I know if they direct you the Mickey and Friends structure they dont charge you (you must enter the DTD side though) (Sorry its a bit confusing to explain!) Hate to say this but I'm guilty of parking at DTD & visiting the DTD shops AND going to Disneyland.....

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Bo View Post
    Actually....... I just went on Friday, depending on the crowds, some days they direct you to park at the Disneyland Parking structure free of charge. (I went on Friday night) HOWEVER, when I was leaving, they had the DTD parking open.... So I know if they direct you the Mickey and Friends structure they dont charge you (you must enter the DTD side though) (Sorry its a bit confusing to explain!) Hate to say this but I'm guilty of parking at DTD & visiting the DTD shops AND going to Disneyland.....
    Well, the Disneyland resort layout is WAY different from WDW's. Everything in Orlando is very spaced out. How you do things in Anaheim are different than how things are done in Orlando.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Well, the Disneyland resort layout is WAY different from WDW's. Everything in Orlando is very spaced out. How you do things in Anaheim are different than how things are done in Orlando.
    WHOA, forgive me I "misread" the location!

Ok well fine I suppose it is best to just follow the rules.
    Motor Mania!