Disney World in December

I have been to WDW at least 10 times, but never in December. This year we will be there from early to mid-December. What are the don't miss rides/activities at this time? Also, what are the rides/activities that can be skipped? We have already chosen to skip DisneyQuest and both of the water parks on this visit. We have already booked the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. Staying at POP Century. Appreciate any tips and/or suggestions.

• Former CM

Re: Disney World in December

Make sure to check out the Christmas lights and decorations. The parks look great with them at night. You may want to check out the different Santa's over at EPCOT telling their stories. The water parks can be really fun during Dec since the weather can be very nice and not that many people are in there at all.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

If you go in December, make it early December. The closer you get to Christmas, the more packed the parks will be.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Hollywood Studios: Osbourne Lights. Find out ahead of time when the lighting ceremony takes place. Enjoy the light show synced with music. Venture into the park and then return when night falls and enjoy the snow falling and music. Hot Cooca served on carts in the streets, not free of course. Possibly take small gifts bought before your trip and wrap them in Christmas paper, open under the lights on your Christmas trip. And Don't forget to look for Hidden Mickey's in the streets Christmas decor.

Animal Kingdom: Literally only the holiday jungle parade is the only Christmas thing to do in that park.

Magic Kingdom: Of course do the party more than one night if possible. Remember it can rain on your selected party date. It did once on my trip and the other night was clear of rain. The Castle lighting should be amazing, find out start times before you hit the parks. Grab Christmas light up pins, necklaces, hats to wear on those party nights. We usually head to Party City, a celebration type store, to grab super cheap Holiday light up wearable decorations rather than paying Disney's outrages prices.

Epcot: Don't forget to visit World Showcase's Santa's of the world. Stay after Illuminations for the Holiday extra added on fireworks show. Visit all the shops around the World Showcase to see holiday decor from around the world and holiday traditions at each country.

On your downtime visit Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian, Boardwalk Hotel, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Yacht & Beach Club Hotel for their annual holiday decorations inside. Call ahead to find out when local choirs come sing Christmas Carols in the lobby. Each deluxe resort also features a candy/chocolate inspired centerpiece.

If you can't visit all the hotels or can only see a select few make sure Grand Floridian is your 1ST stop to see the Gingerbeard House in the grand lobby. Live christmas music played throughout the day and each hotel will have giant christmas trees that should make your jaws drop.

Enjoy! I'm jealous! This year I had to decide whether to take a Christmas or Halloween themed trip and I chose Halloween. I hope I don't regret it, hopefully I'll come into some extra money to splurge on a Christmas trip this year!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

In EPCOT there's a framework of lights up over the walkway from Futureworld to the World Showcase called The Lights of Winter. These lights are tied in with the Futureworld fountain and the music, and watching a show from under the Lights is really special!