Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by invader pearl
    I think the height of Cinderella Castle helps in making this overlay look attractive. When I saw the concept art for Sleeping Beauty Castle, I felt like it made the castle look tiny! And if it is an 18-month overlay, I'd be happy because I'd love to see it in person when I hope to go next January.

dch3: Pink? Were they really scared that Cindy's castle would be pink?!
    After the 30th Anniversary Peto P**K Pink - yes.

• They wanna know, HO!

I think it's a little overdone, but still nice. Only decoration that wasn't overdone for a celebration was the Millennium Cellebration mickey wand.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

• Yeah!

WDW Castle

I have to say that is does bother me when WDW gets something better than DL. But I think the new Castle for WDW looks great and could never be done on the DL castle, they are very different. I just hope it turns out as good as the pictures. I think we all remember how good DL's new Tomorrowland looked in pictures before it was built. hmmm...

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

I have comformation that the castle will have an 18 month overlay, just like DL!
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dch3
    After the 30th Anniversary Peto P**K Pink - yes.
    It was the 25th anniversary... (and yes.. it was bad with the baloons over the spires... and that color..)

the only good thing out of it was when they repainted it they went to a make the concrete look like bricks on the castle.... but it needs to be repainted next year... (faiding.. at least the roofs got painted bright blue again a few years ago....)

• Disney Cast Member

Hey everyone, Well not to be mean, Im just saying my thoughts, I think the WDW castle getting a 50th overlay is completly disgusting. Its Disneyland's 50th Anniversary, Not WDW's. I know this will upset some of you, but hey its the truth.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by totrider16
    Hey everyone, Well not to be mean, Im just saying my thoughts, I think the WDW castle getting a 50th overlay is completly disgusting. Its Disneyland's 50th Anniversary, Not WDW's. I know this will upset some of you, but hey its the truth.
    I think a lot of people share that view. Disneyland hitting 50 years is a huge achievement. Spreading out the celebration is fine, but when other parks get bigger shows, attractions, and events than the park they are celebrating, that just doesn't seem right.

Little Joey, in honor of your birthday, we have given your sister a new Playstation and a car. Here's your lollypop.

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Disney Cast Member

that is so true!, I just wish people would see the same view, especially in the Disney Company!

• Always dreaming

It sure beats the cake overlay!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

We get news of new Haunted Mansion effects at Disneyland, and WDW comes back with a great new castle overlay.

Tally up another point for WDW while it laughs and points at it's older brother over in Anaheim.

Seriously... I don't understand why they can't just wait until WDW's birthday. Where's Disneyland's presents?!

• Yeah!

Disneyland

I could not agree with you more! Disneyland is constantly overlooked and neglected. For years Eisner has favored WDW because of the revenue it generates, but Matt Quimet is doing a great job at trying to get DL some attention. I've come to realize that people from the East coast are die hard WDW fans and no matter what happens they think WDW is the greatest. Fortunately for us DL folks, as a cast member at DL I have been told by most people that there is no beating DL in guest service, cleaniness, and Magic. Unless they are visiting from Florida they choose DL as the favorite of the two. YAY!! But WDW is still great!

• Disney Cast Member

Are you seriously making fun of Disneyland?????? Or are you just being smart???? Cause if your being serious I can go all the way with your smart retort.......And if your not than your right, why cant WDW just wait to do a castle overlay and that sort until their 50th? I mean what will all the other parks get when its WDW's 50th?.....NOTHING, exactly! But if you were seriosu on the you dont understand thing then you have a great point! :-)

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

Disney is NOT just having a 50th DL, its also having a 50th being the the theme parks business. thats why Cinderella Castle is getting the overlay.
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

• Banned User

This is Disneyland's birthday and I think WDW and Eisner should shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyKyle
    Disney is NOT just having a 50th DL, its also having a 50th being the the theme parks business. thats why Cinderella Castle is getting the overlay.
    That is total BS. It should not be like that in any way shape or form. It should be Disneyland's and Disneyland's alone. If they poured all that darn money they are putting in the other parks into Disneyland. We could have our Subs, Tomorrowland redo, new frontierland attraction, and massive refurbs. Disneyland could use that money and WDW and the other parks stole it. It is plain wrong and Eisner knows it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast