Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

• Vehicle rotating backward

I like the wand (although the stars on the sphere need to go), but I don't get the idea of the hat at all. The entranceway to MGM had some great old Hollywood theming that they wrecked with that hat.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyKyle
    Think about it. Disney has been in the theme park business for 50 years, starting with DL. Thats cool. But why shouldn't ALL of the theme parks celebrate Dl's 50th. More money for Disney, thats why.
    But it is uncalled for when WDW gets more. I have no problem with them celebrating it but the fact that they get more then twice what we are getting is rediculous. At least match the amount of attractions and new entertainment the others are getting. It also gets me mad when people say it is perfectly acceptable because it isnt by a long shot.

BigDaddy you would not even begin to comprehend what our park gets compared to WDW. All I ask is for once that Disneyland receives more then the other parks. Every single year Disneyland gets shafted and I am sick of it.

• Zapp's Minion :D

Maybe they are getting Cindy's Castle ready for WDW 35th B-day next year?

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    But it is uncalled for when WDW gets more. I have no problem with them celebrating it but the fact that they get more then twice what we are getting is rediculous. At least match the amount of attractions and new entertainment the others are getting. It also gets me mad when people say it is perfectly acceptable because it isnt by a long shot.
    Well lets see...DL has 2 parks, WDW has 4 (plus a ton more resorts and Water parks). EVerything is in proportion.

As for the castle decorations, it is a matter of opinion. Some will say DL's castle decorations look better, some will say WDW. You can't see which one is getting the better.

As for the wand and hat, I believe both were meant to stay for 10 years (I think I heard it on from Jim Hill, but I could be mistaken). I don't care though because I love them both.

-Michael
    http://mfw.frandt.com

• Disney Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak

BigDaddy you would not even begin to comprehend what our park gets compared to WDW. All I ask is for once that Disneyland receives more then the other parks. Every single year Disneyland gets shafted and I am sick of it.
    I agree with ya all the way!!

• Disney Cast Member

Think about it. Disney has been in the theme park business for 50 years, starting with DL. Thats cool. But why shouldn't ALL of the theme parks celebrate Dl's 50th. More money for Disney, thats why.
    I dont care about all of them joinging in, my main thing is is why does WDW get a golden overlay when its not even their 50th??? Their time WILL come...shhessh

• Disney Cast Member

I was just overlooking the pictures u had posted BugDaddyKyle, and in the huge Stained Glass window is a big portrait of DL's Sleeping Beauty Castle, if that stays how it is like it shows in the plans then im ok with the overlay, atleast people will see that and think "oh yea, this is in honor of Disneyland's 50th Anniversary" and Im hoping WDW will have some sort of advertisment (banners or something) showing its in honor of DL's 50th, if they do that im totally ok with all the overlays on the castle and stuff....

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by totrider16
    I was just overlooking the pictures u had posted BugDaddyKyle, and in the huge Stained Glass window is a big portrait of DL's Sleeping Beauty Castle, if that stays how it is like it shows in the plans then im ok with the overlay, atleast people will see that and think "oh yea, this is in honor of Disneyland's 50th Anniversary" and Im hoping WDW will have some sort of advertisment (banners or something) showing its in honor of DL's 50th, if they do that im totally ok with all the overlays on the castle and stuff....
    And in the middle of it all, a magical palate of ever-changing stained glass above the castle's great archway will shine with a breathtaking view of the five Disney castles from around the world.
    Here's also a picture Kyle didn't post:

Quote Originally Posted by innerSpaceman
    Oh really?

Giant Mickey Hand, anyone?

Would you like a side of Sorceror's Hat with that?
    OK... now you're making me nervous!

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

IS, you are correct about that!!! I can only hope that they won't decide to perminatly change the "Most recognizable WDW Monument." They would just screw up everything!!!!!
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

• Social Imagineer

IS, you are correct about that!!!
    Pssst, BDK - since time immemorial on Disney message boards, my moniker has been abbreviated as "iSm."

Just FYI.

• Disney Cast Member

I personally liked the big Mickey Hat at MGM Studios, the only thing I dont like about is it blocks the Great Movie Ride building, but other than that I think it adds a little fun to the parks entrance view, if you know what I mean.

i kno what u mean tot. but it blocks tha awesome view of the CMT. I wish they could just move it somewhere else. That would make me happy!!!!!

iSm, sorry I messed up. Didn't know you before this board. Won't forget next time!!!!!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    Perhaps they should move the big hat to Downtown Disney. I can't think of where it would fit into the parks, except for in front of Philarmagic.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

i don't think it would quite fit there, Dusty!!!!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast