• rooks 4 disney

Planning 1st trip to WDW - Orlando

We are a family of 4 planning our 1st trip to WDW. We visit Disnyalnd often as we live in Southern California. I have a 6 year old daughter that loves Princesses and a 15 year old step daughter. We will be there for a week.... any and all suggestions and hints are welcomed! Thanks!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: Planning 1st trip to WDW - Orlando

Ohhhh! 1st trip!

Well why not come up with a list of questions and post them here. We'll get to them and better direct you to a great 1st time trip.

Let us know if you'll be renting a car, using Disney transportation, staying on or off property, including water parks, park hopping, Disney Dining.. etc.

I'm sure we'd like to help but we're not sure what type of percise information you're seeking out except maybe what to do there with your daughters. Was there more than just that question that you're seeking help in?
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• rooks 4 disney

Thanks for the suggestion - I am new to the sight and still learning....

So, we are staying off the park grounds at a nearby time share.
    We will be renting a car.
    I believe we want to go to 1 water park.
    I am thinking about a 6 day park hopper - not sure if is more cost efficient to add the water park option or to just buy tickets to the water park the day we decide to go.
    I know we will want to visit the "Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique" and dine with Cinderella. Not sure what day though...
    Also, not sure if we need to go to every park? Any suggestions on the top Must Sees?

Thanks!

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

Quote Originally Posted by Didi41moon View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion - I am new to the sight and still learning....

So, we are staying off the park grounds at a nearby time share.
    We will be renting a car.
    I believe we want to go to 1 water park.
    I am thinking about a 6 day park hopper - not sure if is more cost efficient to add the water park option or to just buy tickets to the water park the day we decide to go.
    I know we will want to visit the "Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique" and dine with Cinderella. Not sure what day though...
    Also, not sure if we need to go to every park? Any suggestions on the top Must Sees?

Thanks!
    Be aware that the Royal dining with Cinderella fills up extremely fast, so if you know the exact dates you will be down in WDW, I would call their dining hotline (407-WDW-DINE) and try to make reservations for that.

Another place I tell people to eat is at Ohana'. It is located in the Polynesian Resort, and has the best food in all of WDW. Also, another food suggestion is the Whispering Canyon Cafe, they have a very good menu with a lot of choices. As a matter of fact, use this site for your dining choices and they put together the most comprehensive list of places to eat in WDW.

Walt Disney World Dining Menus Information

The 6 day park hopper is an excellent choice, and if you can afford to, get the no expiration option. This will allow you to use any unused days whenever you go back to WDW, whether its in 5mos or 5 years, I always take it.

Since it's your first time at WDW, I would highly recommend that you try to hit every park (or hope from park to park in a single day). Each park has its own unique flavor, that to skip one of them on your first visit would be a shame.

In regards to the water park option, that is up to you. I usually get it tacked onto the ticket, and if I do not use it, you can use it the next time you go back.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Enjoy!!!

Are the water parks covered under the park hopper? or do you have to buy admission to those separately?

I've been to WDW Three times already and have yet to visit the water parks! some fan I am!

Have fun!!
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Seasick

Compared to Disneyland, I find a trip to DisneyWorld requires more pre-trip planning.

Don't count on just walking up to a restaurant you want to eat it, you find it's booked solid. It's useful to plan ahead which parks you want to visit each day, and make dining reservations as soon as possible.

Since you're off site, you'll probably want to schedule your visits to avoid Extra Magic Hours.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/