Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Adventurer's Club???????

Hey all,

What I am putting up is complete rumor, but does come from cast members so taking it FWIW.

My friend is currently at WDW and went to the site of PI reporting it as "a ghost town". The bartender in the bar he went to said that he couldn't mix him a "Kungaloosh" as they were "not allowed to make that drink anymore and if caught were told they'd be fired". Today, he was relating that story to a friend of his who is a cast member at Cinderella's Castle and was told "it's because the Adventurer's Club is going to have a surprise reopening around this Christmas".

Again, take it FWIW. I'm very skeptical myself, but shoot... I'd love to be able to once again salute the Colonel and go to another HOOPLAH!

• Mostly Harmless.

Re: Adventurer's Club???????

Yay!
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

IF THIS IS TRUE HUZZAH!!!! seriously I loved that place...I hope they bring it back.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

That would be great!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Suspended

And then open one in Disneyland, too!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I so hope it's true!

PI IS a ghost town, and so very very sad.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

•   
    • Seasick

Adventurer's Club was one of my favorite things at WDW.

It was unique and fun, it was the kind of thing that made me want to revisit WDW. I hope it comes back.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Disneyholic

We where down in WDW last week and ate at Ragalan road, was interesting to see that several of the clubs are still intact and relatively unchanged from the outside. That and met a couple of gals on the bus looking for nightlife at WDW, with PI down and all the refurbs at the boardwalk they decided to rent a car as soon as they got on property to visit city walk and other local spots, I think Disney may realize they are losing more revenue by not having PI at all than they did operationally by keeping it open. But I'm sure Universal Citywalk isn't complaining!
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

I think Disney closed the clubs just for the lack of attendance and will be reopening them as they refurbish them.

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

It's funny. Disney opened PI to take business away from the popular Church Street Station in downtown Orlando and was successful. Church Street pretty much closed down but there were still some decent clubs along Orange in downtown Orlando (especially my favorite, Barbarella's). Now PI all but shuts down just as Church Street Station is being revived. Ironic? Coincidence? Makes you wonder.

I would love it if this was true! Although I live on the west coast and have made it to WDW about 4 times, AC was always something I enjoyed. I think that even if they did not have the other clubs, this is something that would be successful as a stand alone. I was truly saddened when PI shut down as it was really the one area an adult could do more adult things with a Disney feel to it. I really wish they would open a AC in DL!
    Kungaloosh!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I'm bumping up this interesting rumor in the hope that it is true. Anyone know more?
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• All-American

I hope it's true, and one has to admit it's believable. So many fans have complained about the Adventurer Club's passing, Disney probably hasn't found any better use for the space, Pleasure Island is a walk-through ghost-town, the Club could bring in money and attract more locals to the Resort... those are a lot of incentives.

I really hope it's true....

Kungaloosh!!!

I sure hope this rumor is true. The only thing that bothers be about this rumor is that they say itís going to open during Christmas. The problem with that is that the new financial year for WDW is at the end of September. They made a point to shut down several attractions on the same day for the reason. If they really wanted to open the club again, why didn't they just open it again in the summer? Anyway thatís just something that is sitting in the back of my mind. I'm not saying they shouldn't open again, heck a week after my birthday trip to Epcot I got an email asking how my trip went and I told them that I had a much better time at PI last year and that I would have bought an annual pass instead of using their free admission, so they would have actually got money out of me. But anyway hereís hoping that my Christmas present comes true with the re-opening of the Adventurers Club.

Kungaloosh Adventurers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast