Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Diamond In The Rough

Wink Re: Who was before Stacey Aswad/WDW Must see?

Quote Originally Posted by Timon View Post
    DLP has a hard job because of the number of languages and limitations of the resort TV system. In France cable can't be privately owned even on your own property so Disney has to deal with the area cable company (Nationalized?) which is frustrating in itself. Additionally the system installed wasn't traditional copper or fiber but some other type possibly an early version of IP TV. Anyway, there are limits to how many channels are available, limiting Disney to two information channels. Then there are time limits - how long will a guest wait for their language to come around. What a mess.

I don't know if this has been resolved into a language per channel setup or not. My info is dated.
    That does go a long way to explaining DLRP's unusual setup.
    Of course they need to have info in several languages, but it seems odd that if you want English (for instance)
    you have to sit through the French segment or vice versa.

As of Feb 2009 it was 2 or 3 languages per channel across 3 channels.
    All the presenters are very cute, but it soon get's old seeing them all make the same "off the cuff" remarks.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Best part of his presentation was the Park Hopper character. Still a character I would meet if I saw him walking around the park. This is also the version that had the jingle in my signature, that I still can't get out of my head, with the paper sculptures of theme park attractions.
    The Park Hopper character and "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!" will always hold a special place for me as they were on a loop for my very first WDW visit.
    Last edited by PeaJay18; 09-02-2009 at 07:31 AM.

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Who was before Stacey Aswad/WDW Must see?

I thought it was Erin Cahill (she wasn't solo, there was a group of about 4 people).

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I thought it was Erin Cahill (she wasn't solo, there was a group of about 4 people).

That was the vacation planning DVD, not the in room video.

Here is part of it, the Zip guy was part of a team though, it seems.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frOdAqw1L4c"]YouTube - Disney World Resort TV Zip a Dee Do Da Tip for Today[/ame]
    Last edited by yoyoflamingo; 09-02-2009 at 08:00 AM.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• 1st visit 1975

The Zip Guy popped in solo style for the first few years and in the final year(s) other presenters were added to freshen it up. By 2000 Zip and friends had been running since 1995 and needed a rest. So in came Top 7 with Kryssa then Stacey through to 2009 and Must Do Disney started which is just a redressed Top 7 with all that "B" roll Stacey footage. I would guess 3-5 years and then a complete re-think of the channel.

The Zippity do dah day WDW Tour was made for the WDW information channel and re purposed for the Vacation Planning Video. All the info WDW channels had a "bug" added in the lower right corner to identify the channel - WDW Tour, Company Clips, Your Next Vacation etc.

The real rare WDW Tour stuff is pre 1971 to 1990's. Hard to find good copies. Much more travelog narrator stuff. Lots of "film" vs "video" content.

Good memories
    Last edited by Timon; 09-02-2009 at 08:49 AM.

• Occasional Reader

when did stacey start ? I seem to recognise them both .... and only stayed on site once before last month.
    Smile, you never know who's looking !

• 1st visit 1975

I'm guessing Fall 2003

Hated Kryssa.
    LOVE Stacey.

I have not seen her newer show. "More mellow"? That doesn't sound good.

• 1st visit 1975

Still a good show though a bit shorter at about 17 + or - a few minutes, Top 7 was 30. Stacey shot new connecting bits on a green screen set in a more Host-like style and clothing. The rest is the same crazy Stacey you've seen before and some new in park pieces. In AK she bounces a large Mickey Mouse ball and says "Sorry Mickey, sorry Mickey, sorry Mickey ...." with each bounce -- pure Stacey.

The tough part Disney has is making everything we all ready know look and seem interesting enough to do it again. Stacey is a popular host which helps and a reasonably good script.

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Morrow View Post
    (Just out of curiousity, was the Tip for Today ever anything besides "Take Disney Transportation to wherever we were just talking about"?)

They gave out general information about fast passes, get to the parks early to see the opening ceremonies, have your packages sent to your room, etc. (ahh the good old days when you didn't have to wait in line at the shop... it would be on your desk or bed when you got back from the parks. )

I like the newer mellower version myself, some of the outtakes like the yummy yummy yummy bit get old fast the 20th or so time you hear it...
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Quote Originally Posted by Timon View Post
    The rest is the same crazy Stacey you've seen before and some new in park pieces. In AK she bounces a large Mickey Mouse ball and says "Sorry Mickey, sorry Mickey, sorry Mickey ...." with each bounce -- pure Stacey.
    I. LOVE. Her.

Even if these new bits also turn out to be completely scripted - like I know her original Top 7 show was - it just doesn't matter to me. Stacey sells it.

Blog Entries

Is her new show up on youtube yet? I haven't seen it. I love Stacey though.

• 1st visit 1975

Wink Re: Who was before Stacey Aswad/WDW Must see?

Here yer go! Featuring the latest in wobble-vision tourist camera work. Enjoy!

Part 1
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTFj6AZCQVc"]YouTube - Disney's "Must Do" TV[/ame]

Part 2
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOarTbMkbvA&feature=related"]YouTube - Disney's "Must Do" TV - Part 2[/ame]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12