Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• love my friends

Re: Barbaraann is back from Disney World, would you like to see what she was up to?

loved it barbaraann

OMG your grandson looks so much like you

Friends for life

• mountains beyond mtns.

Re: Barbaraann is back from Disney World, would you like to see what she was up to?

I will go back and look at your outstanding report in greater detail but this is even better than your superb DLR trip report a few months back!

Thank you for sharing

• Delawarean Girl

I love it how you patch everything together Barbaraann. It's great to see how much fun you had at WDW. Thanks for sharing with us and I'm glad you had a wonderful time.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley B View Post
    I love it how you patch everything together Barbaraann. It's great to see how much fun you had at WDW. Thanks for sharing with us and I'm glad you had a wonderful time.
    I love the way you call it "Patch it together". My theory about vacations is, that if you didn't have any fun than it was probably your own fault.

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    I will go back and look at your outstanding report in greater detail but this is even better than your superb DLR trip report a few months back!

Thank you for sharing
    I have been doing my reports "collage style", here at MiceChat, because I figure that I can show more photos that way. Some of these collages do end up being printed out, and included in my actual vacation scrapbooks. Thanks for kind words

Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    loved it barbaraann

OMG your grandson looks so much like you
    Considering how handsome, I think Sean is, I take that as a compliment. I, personally, think that he looks just like his dad.

Quote Originally Posted by WeWantsTheRedhead View Post
    So did you feel 10 days was enough to get to do everything?
    Would it be enough to see everything if the trip was a few days shorter?

I have been to WDW a few times but they were for 2 days. I want to try to go sometime next year.
    This was the longest trip that I have ever taken to Disney World, and I was able to go a lot slower paced. I have been many times before, so I concentrated on all my must sees, and I did a lot of improvising along the way. We only had one meal reservation, so we were very flexible. I think that, in a week's time, most people can come away almost totally satisfied with what they were able to do and see.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Delawarean Girl

Did you get to see President Obama in the Hall of Presidents?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Yes, I did enjoy the Hall of Presidents attraction in Liberty Square.
    Pop Century Resort

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I've probably seen every trip report you've ever posted here, and the quality is always first-rate. Very clever, and the pictures are wonderful and very cleverly presented.

This latest effort certainly lives up to all of that.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Minion

Great report...thanks for sharing!!
    "Happiness is a state of mind...." Walt Disney

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney

thmar

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Disney World is a much different place today, than the place that I visited for the first time back in 1997 with my husband and grandson. My grandson was only four years old at that time, and we rented a stroller in the parks for him, even though most of the time he wasn't in it. I believe the rental was about $5 at that time, and you received a dollar back when you took the stroller back. A Disney Dollar. We wern't the only stroller, but there were not as many there back then, like I saw on my most recent trip. That visit was in September, and it was as hot then, as it was this past August. There was no Animal Kingdom then, but Discovery Island was there, and we visited it one afternoon. DHS was called MGM, and since our vacation was a short one, we didn't visit that park.

The castle was a cake on that trip, and I remember how Sean didn't want his photo taken in front of it. I didn't have a digital camera than. Just a normal one with film. There were no photopass photographers, but the Camera Center in Town Square developed pictures. I spent a lot of money there having my pictures developed, when I could have probably saved a good deal of money if I had waited until we got home.

I remember how clean everything was. There was no bag check back then, we simply entered the turnstiles with our tickets. I especially liked all the trees that were in the Hub. I remember when we discovered the little statues. We took a lot of pictures of those. The Harmony Barber Shop was in a different location back then, and the day we visited it, there was no wait. In fact, I was surprised just how uncrowded the park was. It was so pleasant strolling through the park, and keeping my eye on Sean, so I wouldn't lose him.

My husband loved the Polynesian. We ate dinner at 'Ohana, and didn't require a reservation. We got a free character meal, one morning, with our Walt Disney Travel Company package. There was no Magical Express back then, but Mears was at the airport, and we used that to get to and from the airport.

Traveling with a 4 year old, is definitely different than traveling with a 16 year old. Fastpass didn't exist, and we didn't wait very long for any of the rides that we rode with Sean. I really thought that Haunted Mansion was a Haunted House back then. It wasn't until I got smart, and did some research that I discovered the, gem of a ride that I had missed. Small World was closed, but it was then that I fell in love with the Dumbo ride. I rode it first thing. Some things I did right.

The Disney World, that I first visited in 1997, was magical. I still carry the glow of that trip. My recent trip was fun, relaxing, and yet, something was missing. Sometimes you just can't put your finger on exactly what. Maybe because it wasn't the very first time. The very first time was special.
    Pop Century Resort

it's like a virtual scrapbook. i like it! haha! that must have taken a while to do. kudos on it!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345