Halloween Parade/Haunted Mansion

I was speaking with someone who works in costuming/entertainment at WDW. He was mentioning to me one of the rather odd characters in the Halloween Parade. The character or "the caretaker": a guy walking a dog on a leash and carrying a latern to mimick the same character from the Haunted Mansion attraction. He also mentioned that the characters in the Haunted Mansion section of the parade simply wear the actual spare clothes that are used for the animatronic figures in the attraction. I was looking at the pictures on laughingplace and what did I see. a picture of the parade with the caretaker and the white costumes worn by the ballroom dancers.

I was also told the tale of costuming not being able to find the right wig for a performer, so he went into the haunted mansion and "borrowed" one from one of the animatronics. When the parade had finished it's run after several months, he returned the wig to the attraction. Apparently facilities never noticed and never said anything.

Just some interesting stories.

Cris

Re: Halloween Parade/Haunted Mansion

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy
    Apparently facilities never noticed and never said anything.
    Cris
    Facilities doesn't notice very much at all.

Just look at the sorry shape the MK is in.

True. last time I was at WDW, there was no shadow of the piano player in the Haunted Mansion. Just the piano sitting there doing nothing. In Spaceship Earth, the morphing images at the beginning weren't working. It literally looked like a viewmaster going from one slide to the next. <sigh>

Cris

I saw the same thing last time I was on Spaceship Earth. It was a little depressing, actually. Just seems like Disney isn't staying on top of those details anymore. It's sad.

It's all over, really. And even though things are improving in places, there was so much let go starting about a decade ago that it's just not possible to deal with everything unless you have execs that care ... WDW doesn't.

• Sock Puppet

Crispy, i dont know who your source is but that is WRONG. The Ballroom Dancer AAs do NOT wear white. They wear PASTEL costumes in a diffrent style than the parade performers. And yes, WDW1974 it IS over, but noone is gonna know that until AFTER Everest opens. Then we will REALLY see the end END.

• Banned User

The first time I set foot at TDL, that was the end of the MK for me, and that was 1989!!