Page 1 of 20 123411 ... LastLast

• Addicted to MC since '08

Fantasyland Expansion Confirmed!(Merged Threads)

The Fantasyland expansion is no longer a rumor as it has been announced today by Jay Rasulo at the D23 Expo. A video will be up shortly.

Re: Fantasyland Expansion Confirmed!

Heck yeah!
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Woah.

• Directly directed

wow.

• DVC - BLT/BWV/BCV/VWL/VGC

Disney formally announces Fantasyland Makeover(Merged Threads)

From the Orlando Sentinel:

Walt Disney World is about to embark on a sweeping facelift for the Fantasyland section of the Magic Kingdom, in what the resort calls the biggest overhaul in the theme park's 38-year history.

Plans revealed Saturday call for adding a lavish ride based on The Little Mermaid, expanding a popular Dumbo children's attraction, new interactive areas featuring all of Disney's most popular princesses, and more.

In addition, Disney said it plans to update Star Tours, the Star Wars-themed simulator ride in Disney's Hollywood Studios, with new 3-D effects.
    The refurbished Star Tours will debut in 2011. The Fantasyland overhaul will be complete by 2013. Disney declined to say how much it will spend on the projects.
    Pictures available here.

From the Los Angeles Times:

Disney World will double the size of its Fantasyland, California Adventure will get new attractions, and the Star Tours ride at two parks will be upgraded, the company says.

Disney unveiled plans today for the largest expansion in the history of the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World, provided updates on its $1-billion expansion of Disney's California Adventure and said it would modernize the popular Star Tours ride at its domestic parks.

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Jay Rasulo chose the D23 Expo in Anaheim, the first-ever gathering of Disney devotees, to announce the ambitious new project in Orlando, Fla., that will nearly double the size of Fantasyland. He also confirmed speculation that Disney would update the Star Tours attraction based on George Lucas' original "Star Wars" trilogy, adding 3-D effects to the ride at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim and Disney's Hollywood Studios in Florida.

The projects come as Disney has been working to maintain attendance levels at the parks through aggressive hotel discounts, ticket giveaways and other promotions that have kept customers walking through the turnstiles but also cut into operating income. The parks are a major profit center for the entertainment giant, contributing about a third of the company's revenue.
    DVC Member - My Home Resorts: Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk Villas, and Villas at the Grand Floridian

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

re: Disney formally announces Fantasyland Makeover(Merged Threads)

Wow. I don't like the princess overload, but the expanded Dumbo area & Little Mermaid sound promising.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

It's about time WDW got some love.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Wow. I don't like the princess overload, but the expanded Dumbo area & Little Mermaid sound promising.

I feel the same as you, but the princess interaction centers at least sound a little magical and creative. Better than I expected.

• HauntedOne999

I think its cool that Fantasyland will get expanded, but what about the rest of Fantasyland? will that get an upgrade? I mean the new attractions are so themed that they will stick out against the older tent-type queues.

I hope they dont think that by putting up a castle wall (near Belle's attraction) is going to satisfy people in breaking up the highly themed from cheap themed
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• DVC - BLT/BWV/BCV/VWL/VGC

Watch the announcement:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08W5Os-Wnj0]YouTube - Disney World Fantasyland makeover announcement & concept art[/ame]
    DVC Member - My Home Resorts: Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk Villas, and Villas at the Grand Floridian

yaaaaaaaaawnnnnnnnnnn. It's sad that as little as 25yrs ago they madeover DLs for EVERYONE. Now its JUST for GIRLS.

• Shablagoo!

My favorite part of the video.

Rasulo " We are doubling the size of Fantasyland..."

Audience "Woo!" claps

Rasulo "To include more of your favorite princesses."

Audience "Sigh"

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by Alpoe001 View Post
    I think its cool that Fantasyland will get expanded, but what about the rest of Fantasyland? will that get an upgrade? I mean the new attractions are so themed that they will stick out against the older tent-type queues.

I hope they dont think that by putting up a castle wall (near Belle's attraction) is going to satisfy people in breaking up the highly themed from cheap themed

I know I really hope with this they will completely overhaul Fantasyland...as you said a wall to break up the old Fantasyland and the new addition even in the rendering it's hard to imagine that someone will be fooled by the lack of overhaul...hopefully that is part of it as it is now, but I'd take it later then never..

I still don't like the Princess overload being shoved down people's throaghts, but the princess aspect was growing so huge it was only a matter of time before they tried to insert them in random rides around Fantasyland, and the increased Whimsyness brings them into more competition with HPI, with that world heavily medieval as well..

If it turns out like it looks in the rendering and it's as heavily immersive as they are saying it is I will very pleased..overall the plan looks pretty cool I would like another small ride or something but the things that they are saying they are doing look to be pretty cool, and would definitively increase the guests experience in Fantasyland, which was always lacking something more to make it as immersive as the other lands..
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• HauntedOne999

????? al they are are giant interactive meet and greets?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?! how dare thay call them attractions!!!!
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Copy DL's Pixie Hollow

Copy DCA's Little Mermaid Attraction.

Uggg, I can't stand that WDW is getting a MUCH better looking entrance to an Ariel attraction. DCA stands for 2nd best, again. And DCA even has the body of water right next to where Ariel is going to be, why couldn't they build Prince Eric's Castle on that side of Paradise Pier!?!?!?!?!? UGGGG!!!!!

Page 1 of 20 123411 ... LastLast