Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is Fantasyland's expansion just a Fantasy?

I know its been officially annouced, but so was Wescot, DisneySea at Long Beach, CA, and Disney's America (Twice I think). Many parts of Eisner's "Disney Decade" never even made it as far was ground breaking. They were announced, some even had rough opening time frames, and yet they never even started construction.

DCA looks for real enough. Cars Land is suppose to be complete by 2012 and sure enough there is contruction is occurring. Mean while over at MK's Fantasyland, whose expansion's phase one is also to be complete by 2012.... NOTHING. Not even a hint the contruction is soon going to happen. Do get me wrong, at debate is not the plan to do so itself, just the doubt they actually will.

Anyone else think MK's Fantasyland Expansion will join Wescot, CA's DisneySea, Disney's American and some others in Disney's Corporate "Neverland"?

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: Is Fantasyland's expansion just a Fantasy?

i think we are getting the expansion. DCA gets a new park do over and we get an "expansion" versus an entire new park upgrade aka DCA. I suspect this will also make many happy for those wanting a 5th gate to open with all that land they are running out of.

Now if I had a choice to get this upgrade versus AK's "beast" upgrade then I'd rather have AK's "beast" upgrade. Still waiting for that to be announced. I guess we'll have to wait until D23 Part 2 to get some word on that.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Minion

Disney will probably build this Fantasyland expansion because it will sell a ton of princess merchandise and the only really expensive part of it is TLM ride, which will be fairly cheap compared to DL's Indy or TDS' Journey to the Center of the Earth. These plans aren't exactly that extravagant compared to what WDW should be getting. You know attractions on the level of Indiana Jones Adventure, Journey to the Center of the Earth, DCA's Radiator Springs Racers and HKDL's upcoming Mystic Manor.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Fantasyland is nowhere near on the same scale as Cars Land and its massive Radiator Springs Racers.

Wow tough question "mentally" Walt Disney World. In reality i live in Squamish B.C. (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    Disney will probably build this Fantasyland expansion because it will sell a ton of princess merchandise and the only really expensive part of it is TLM ride, which will be fairly cheap compared to DL's Indy or TDS' Journey to the Center of the Earth. These plans aren't exactly that extravagant compared to what WDW should be getting. You know attractions on the level of Indiana Jones Adventure, Journey to the Center of the Earth, DCA's Radiator Springs Racers and HKDL's upcoming Mystic Manor.
    Not only that but Walt Disney World needs this expansion to compete with the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I can only hope that they will keep to there original plan. The art work is amazing and the ideas are spectacular and will truly help the Disney Princess group out. I mean c'mon what little girl wouldn't love to see their favorite princess in their own home.
    We are the wish makers.
    Wishing upon a star for your dreams to come true.
    We are the dreamers.
    Dreaming of the wish your heart makes.
    We are all over making dreams come true.
    Making everyday magical for you.
    Walt Disney had a word for the kind of people like us.

We are Cast Members

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Kidgenie View Post
    Anyone else think MK's Fantasyland Expansion will join Wescot, CA's DisneySea, Disney's American and some others in Disney's Corporate "Neverland"?
    No for several reasons

1 - you are comparing entire new parks to an expansion of an existing park
    2 - this land is anchored by an attraction that is already designed and ready to go (TLM)
    3 - there is a need to do something with Toontown, etc as it can't live on forever. So they are vested to do something

The other parks they could walk away from and keep on keepin' on. They can't do that in MK - something has to be done. Sure it can change, things come go, but it's coming.. and TLM ensures that (IMO).
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

No, but I do fear that by the end, the Pixie Hollow part will be cut
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

youknow I think people might be getting a little weird about this expansion. The MK does need more work and a major attraction for it has been a long time in coming. But the MK is NOT DCA, it does not need a massive/aggressive expansion campaign and WDW can afford to pace the expansion of most of it's parks.

I think I've said it in another thread, but I guess we've all just grown distrustfull of WDW on this issue. It's fine for them to announce and build one thing before moving onto the next. I have no problem with the pacing but I understand the need for reassureance that there would be more to come then just this one thing when the park's gone without for so long.

I wish the fair look would go away but can understand why some areas like around IASW arn't going to change much due to having already recieved work. Let's just wait and see what this area adds and all.

It does seem to be an interesting exchange since the Mermaid ride will basically be a replacement for 1000leages (water for water) and the Princess Meet and Greets replacing the Mickey ones (I guess this will give WDW a more village type feeling to fantasyland and also be its own version of Toontown) and then Dumbo gets added capacity?

Lol either way it's coming and it should be good. I just hope they continue to refurbish/upgrade the rest of the park in the meantime.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    WDW is also getting Star Tours 2.0, so I will give credit where credit is due. The future of the resort is exciting, and it's great that we are finally getting some actual announcements.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by PAC-Man87 View Post
    I mean c'mon what little girl wouldn't love to see their favorite princess in their own home.
    Me. I don't like the princesses (except Ariel).

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    No for several reasons

1 - you are comparing entire new parks to an expansion of an existing park
    2 - this land is anchored by an attraction that is already designed and ready to go (TLM)
    3 - there is a need to do something with Toontown, etc as it can't live on forever. So they are vested to do something

The other parks they could walk away from and keep on keepin' on. They can't do that in MK - something has to be done. Sure it can change, things come go, but it's coming.. and TLM ensures that (IMO).

I also think WDW is plenty capable of keep on "keepin' on" even with the Magic Kingdom. That said, I do think... or is it hope???.... that your right for all of your stated reason. I would just rest easier if I saw a big yellow tractor and a green refurbishment wall anytime now.

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Now if I had a choice to get this upgrade versus AK's "beast" upgrade then I'd rather have AK's "beast" upgrade. Still waiting for that to be announced.
    I agree. I so want an Beastly Kingdomme or Mysterious Island at DAK, preferably the former
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

My guess is waiting until after October 1st. Isn't that the beginning of the fiscal year?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Artistic integrity

If they were planning several (not just one) new attractions (I'm talking REAL attractions, not just glorified Meet & Greets) then I would be skeptical.

There's nothing about these plans that scream - We're spending a TON of money here. Most of the plans seem relatively cheap. Disney loves doing things as cheaply as possible ...... So, unfortunately .. it all looks more plausible and realistic to be a "go."

• Dream in wonderful color!

I think the MK expansion is a step in the right direction, even though i'm not a fan of the meet-and-greets. I can't help but wonder why the MK is receiving this expansion when it's already the most visited Disney park? Does it really need a boost in attendance? I think it would have made more sense to give DHS or AK a major expansion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast