Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Life Long Disney Fan

Rock n' Rollercoaster

I have a quick question that I'm sure you Mice Chatters will be able to answer. I am a huge Aerosmith fan. I'm not so much a fan of the idea of going upside down on a rollercoaster. Part of me wants to, but part of me thinks differently.

I've never been on a rollercoaster that goes upside down. So, what I want to know is this, how intense is RnRC? Is there a lot of barrel rolls and loops, or is it just very fast? I would really like to ride it, but a good review of this ride for... well, for lack of a better word "chicken" would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I love the detail and queues that Disney puts into things, yet I'm not a fan of dropping straight down. Can you see the Tower of Terror queue without riding the ride?

Re: Rock n' Rollercoaster

Yes, you can wait in the line with everyone else and just before boarding the ride elevator you can ask a Cast Member to let you out. They'll take you in a separate elevator to the exit of the attraction. It's the same with RnRc. At the very end of the queue is a door that will lead you to the exit.

Smile Re: Rock n' Rollercoaster

Hey
    I worked at Disneyworld last year and went there once beforehand. This is my favourite ride...but I like rollercoasters. I don't want to put you off so I would say just go along and enjoy it if nothing else, think about the music along the ride and all the "sights" lol. Its a mix of fast and 1 or 2 loops(not loads and loads) and over the top flips, it goes so quick it will be over before you know it...and hopefully you'll become a big fan and be desperate to get back in line to go back on!

I hated tower of terror but my friends loved it and dragged me on it so many times that I got used to it in the end. Most of the queue is inside...so, I mean you can get to the front (inside) and then pull out of line if you decide not to ride it. Take the express elevator to get the hell out of there!!!

• Life Long Disney Fan

lol. Thanks for the input.

kramden, I thought Tower might have an out, but I was not aware RnRC did.

heffalumpy, I think I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and go on it. What does it feel like to do a loop anyway? As I said, I've never done it. And by over the top flips, is that similar to a barrel roll?

Wow tough question "mentally" Walt Disney World. In reality i live in Squamish B.C. (for now)

the one thing every non-roller coaster lover needs to know is that and it is true that the fastest ride in the parks is Test Track. It is a breeze after you ride that. Yes RRC has loops but i think you are going at a max speed of 60, but don't worry cause Disney's Coasters are so tame you should not have anything to worry about. Now IOA that's another story =)
    We are the wish makers.
    Wishing upon a star for your dreams to come true.
    We are the dreamers.
    Dreaming of the wish your heart makes.
    We are all over making dreams come true.
    Making everyday magical for you.
    Walt Disney had a word for the kind of people like us.

We are Cast Members

• Life Long Disney Fan

I'm not so worried about speed, as I am about being upside down. I don't think I'd like it, but I want to try it.

Oh, and about Test Track, is it just driving around a track, and then testing the brakes, or is there more to it? We went to go on it last trip, but my wife was feeling ill that day, so we went home instead.

Wow tough question "mentally" Walt Disney World. In reality i live in Squamish B.C. (for now)

Test Track like i said is the fastest ride in the parks, but that doesn't happen till the end. It is a great ride it tells you a lot about what your car goes through before they ship it to be sold to costumers. I love the car show at the end of the ride too. From a once non loving roller coaster person to the next, it is the anticipation and the fear of what will happen that gets you believe me i know but when i went on my first loop roller coaster ( yes it was still scary, at first) but oh my good there is nothing like the feeling of an Adrenalin Rush. But in my point of view i have ridden a lot of rides 50-100 mph and have gotten a lot of Adrenalin Rushes, but WDW has not shown me any ( except for TOT) .....but i still love it there lol
    We are the wish makers.
    Wishing upon a star for your dreams to come true.
    We are the dreamers.
    Dreaming of the wish your heart makes.
    We are all over making dreams come true.
    Making everyday magical for you.
    Walt Disney had a word for the kind of people like us.

We are Cast Members

• Captain EO! :D

I consider Rock and Roller Coaster to be pretty tame. IMO the upside-down parts aren't that bad at all. I do love rollercoasters, but I'm not a big fan of lots of inversions.

But let me put it another way... my mom is a huge chicken with some rides. She won't even ride Space Mountain anymore, but she'll ride RnRC, no problem. She does get nervous, but she handles it just fine.
    ----------------------------------------

Jennifer

Smile Re: Rock n' Rollercoaster

Quote Originally Posted by Figment Fan View Post
    lol. Thanks for the input.

kramden, I thought Tower might have an out, but I was not aware RnRC did.

heffalumpy, I think I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and go on it. What does it feel like to do a loop anyway? As I said, I've never done it. And by over the top flips, is that similar to a barrel roll?
    I think a loop is better fast than on a slow ride, for me it feels ok because I like rollercoasters. I suppose the first part of the loop is almost like a plane taking off...and yes, over the top flips(I meant barrel roll). I think they're a better feeling of going upside down than going round and round in circles
    and yeah these other guys are right that Disney rides are tame...
    good luck, I really hope you love it. If not the ride then at least the music being an Aerosmith fan

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

A good friend of mine was worried about the upside-down bit before riding it too, and said afterward that it didn't really feel any different than the rightside-up bits. I think this is particularly true of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster because with the darkness and blacklights, it doesn't look any different either.

I say go for it. It's a blast.

• Life Long Disney Fan

I will definitely have to try it on my next trip to DHS. Thanks for all the input everyone.

The inversions on this ride are nothing, really. The ride is dark, so you may not even realize you're upside-down. The most intense part of the ride is easily the launch.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Considering Rock & Roller Coaster is in the dark, you probably won't even realize you went upside down until after the fact. I think there's only like 3 loops in the whole thing (the 360 loop at the beginning & 2 corkscrew loops). That's nothing. Just be aware this is a launch coaster... that means no lift hill, they just floor it and you're off through the first loop straightaway.

• Life Long Disney Fan

Oh wow. That would be awesome. I'll have to warn my wife about that part though.

• Occasional Reader

Go for it, you will love it, especially as a Aerosmith Fan, you'll be mostly taken along by the music....I'm not what you'd call a Fan, but I do like their music. It's a good coaster, and Tower of Terror is *the* best blend of story, effect and imagineering there is anwhere.
    Smile, you never know who's looking !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast