Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Port orleans help!

When staying at Port Orleans RIverside, don't miss the piano show in the lounge starring Bob Jackson. My family loves it. We have even made the trip over to see the show when ataying at other resorts! It makes for a fun night cap........
    Kim
    author, "Sharing the Magic"
    Columnist, www.wdwdailynews.com
    We are proud to be a MiceChat Partner Website!

• Occasional Reader

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    But they were just fine as two separate hotels before. And while they could have been combined in bookkeepingland only, and money could have thus been saved, it wouldn't have cost them anything to name them as separate entities. They each have their own front lobby and check-in, so for my money they're still separate resorts. To name them similarly is just needlessly confusing.
    I give you the All Stars..each with seperate checkins...
    that said i'm just being argumentative...there is no reason you couldn't call riverside something else and still share ameneties. I think it would encourage people to check out the next door resort more, as it's somewhere else, not just part of this resort.
    Smile, you never know who's looking !

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Thorpeedo, I actually have the same problem with the All Star Resorts. It would have been completely easy for them all to be named something unique, while keeping their identity as value resorts. But Disney in its overwhelming need to have cute marketing tie-ins whether they're needed or not, made a confusing mess of the values. It's not really a huge thing for me - just needless confusion for no real benefit.

• Occasional Reader

I agree there's no reason why they need to be the same. I don't think it's less of an issue with the all stars, they've always been the all stars. I think some of the added confusion comes from the renaming of the resorts.

The one item that may have been overlooked was the walking distance from your room to the pool, food court, lobby, gift shop. The last time that I stayed at Riverside we were at the back of Alligator Bayou. There was a bus stop just around the corner, but the large pool was about a five minute walk and the food court, lobby and gift shop were about a ten minute walk. My children (9 & 11 at the time) were confused by the trails and got lost when they wandered off alone. The bugs were terrible in the fall since this resort has so much water and vegetation. My wife would never go back, but I loved the relaxed atmosphere, peace and quiet. My suggestion is to keep the kids close, locate a close bus stop, possibly take bug spray, and minimize the amount of trips to the pool, food court, etc. Enjoy!

• Occasional Reader

Quote Originally Posted by daniellbarnes View Post
    My children (9 & 11 at the time) were confused by the trails and got lost when they wandered off alone.
    He He ...That reminded me of the time when we had a wheelchair user due to offload. We were in Magnolia Terrace and therefore normally used the east depot. Because of the offload time for the wheelchair, we tried to take a flyer and get off at the WEST depot bus stop and follow the path that was perpendicular to the outer road, until we hit the pool....only there wasn't one....we thought it would be quicker, but the winding paths and darkness,led us astray, we eventually used the "head towards the moon" technique, to avoid going round in circles and eventually hit the main pool. My nephews were thinking I was in need of therapy, but we got there.

Riverside is one of our favorite resorts. We love the atmosphere on the Magnolia side. We also thought Boatwrights was a great place to eat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12