Which park has the best halloween and Christmas

Is it better in TDL/TDS DLR or WDW at Halloween time. Also is there lots of halloween decorations at Epcot?

Also which park is best at Christmas? And why.
    Thanks for your replies. I am new to forum....First post. I took my wife and kids to DLR for 5 nights and days June 2nd - 7th. No Fantasmic, but got to see the summer fireworks. It was the first visit for my wife and three kids. I went to DLR once as a child and WDW for 3 days. I really loved WDW and Epcot and cant wait to come back. I am deciding if we will come on christmas or halloween and which resort to go to.
    thanks again.
    Cedar

• Minion

Re: Which park has the best halloween and Christmas

Well personally I think Christmas and Halloween is better at Disneyland. Just more details and they have atteraction Overlays. just a personal opinion.

• Loves Mickey!

Hello bespinally!
    I have only been to WDW and Tokyo Disney Resort so I can only speak from experience with these parks. But of those parks I think that Tokyo DisneySea has the best Halloween right now. The reasons being that it is not a pay event and everything from the food, the costumes, atmosphere, shows, greeting, merchandise is just really amazing. I posted some pictures in the TDR section if you would like to get an idea of what it is like. It is TDS's first Halloween but TDL has always done a great job as well and is also included in the regular day admission and is always different every year with both night and daytime version of a halloween parade but this year TDS has really stolen the show.

TDS Halloween

I also enjoy Christmas more at TDR especially at TDS because it is a very romantic feeling! TDL always has a fantastic Christmas parade as well as Christmas version of the Electrical parade Dreamlights and stage shows though so it is the more fun Christmas. This is also not a seperate charge event so you can enjoy it with your day pas and the Christmas overlays of Country Bears, Holiday Nightmare for the Haunted Mansion, and It's a Small World are very nice!

Thanks for the replies. I am sure this is an often asked question so thanks for indulging me. I wanted to go to TDS so bad ever since I came back from Disneyland. I mean DCA was really cool and the whole DLR, but I can tell TDS is the best one. I think....There are things I like about Disneyland, and I really want to go to WDW again, since Ive never seen Animal Kingdom.

Im wondering how Christmas is at Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Basically I Think I can take one Vacation next year to Disney park (I live in Hilo Hawaii). Seems people think Christmas is better than Halloween at Disney? Does it have a Christmas Snow at TDS/TDL?

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by bespinally View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I am sure this is an often asked question so thanks for indulging me. I wanted to go to TDS so bad ever since I came back from Disneyland. I mean DCA was really cool and the whole DLR, but I can tell TDS is the best one. I think....There are things I like about Disneyland, and I really want to go to WDW again, since Ive never seen Animal Kingdom.

Im wondering how Christmas is at Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Basically I Think I can take one Vacation next year to Disney park (I live in Hilo Hawaii). Seems people think Christmas is better than Halloween at Disney? Does it have a Christmas Snow at TDS/TDL?
    Animal Kingdom is very nice and I think you would enjoy it! Christmas at Epcot is very pretty at Christmas and the Osborne family spectacle of lights is really cool at MGM!

It does occasionally snow at TDR but it is rare though it will still be pretty cold. If you do decide to come to TDR feel free to message me and we would be happy to help since we live next to the resort.

Coool thanks....We live In Hilo!!!! Its close to Japan and only $585 by plane in February on my Bday....I wanted to take just my wife to Japan because it would be a lot cheaper. But my wife wants to wait until next year. Anyway thanks and you know they are building a disney resort (hotel and water park only) by Honolulu.

What is February In Japan like. Thanks again. I am also starting to learn Japanese from my Nintendo DS and Rosetta Stone!

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by bespinally View Post
    Coool thanks....We live In Hilo!!!! Its close to Japan and only $585 by plane in February on my Bday....I wanted to take just my wife to Japan because it would be a lot cheaper. But my wife wants to wait until next year. Anyway thanks and you know they are building a disney resort (hotel and water park only) by Honolulu.

What is February In Japan like. Thanks again. I am also starting to learn Japanese from my Nintendo DS and Rosetta Stone!
    Hilo must be a very lovely place to live and the new resort by Honolulu looks like it will be very nice!! February is very very cold here! The resort will be less crowded but the Christmas event will be over. Good luck with your Japanese practice! It will definitely help when you come I think!

• Captain EO! :D

I can only answer for WDW... but I think the best for Halloween is the MK here. Epcot doesn't really do anything special for Halloween as far as I know. On the other hand, Epcot is my favorite for Christmas. Lots of decorations, little shows in each country for that country's holidays, the Candlelight Processional, and the special holiday tag on Illuminations is the best!
    ----------------------------------------

Jennifer

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I'd say that Halloween is best at the DLR due to fierce competition with Knott's and USH.

Historically Disneyland has lost a lot of business to these other parks during this time of year. In fact Knott's relies on its Halloween Haunt for much of it's revenue. This forces Disneykand to up the ante on it's offerings during this time of year. For a long time Haunted Mansion Holiday and Mickey's Halloween Treat' along with various Halloween decorations such as candy corns and pumpkins were sufficient and offered a alternative that the family can enjoy (as compared with Knotts which specifically stated is not for children). Now they offer Halloween fireworks and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy, which is really not for smaller children and offers additional thrills during this season. So due to this competition, Disneyland has no choice but to offer a more detailed and exciting Halloween season.

As for Christmas, I'd say it's a draw. Disney and Christmas in both Magic Kingdoms are equally magical experiences.