Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Diamond In The Rough

Re: PeaJays Hotter Than The Sun TR

Day 2 - Part 2

So after riding Tot (for the 3rd time that day) with our fast-passes, it was time to bag a spot for the Block Party Bash parade.
    I'd deliberately avoided researching too much about it to keep it as fresh as possible, and I have to say I enjoyed it a heck of a lot!

The floats all transform in some way when the parade stops - this folds out into a trampoline.

A rare sighting of Bo Peep on the second Toy Story float.

Mr Potato Head gets down.

The Soldiers keep the crowd pumped up and and make some very funny quips.

The CMs work really hard to keep the energy up (and it can't be easy in those record-breaking temperatures we were experiencing.)
    It stopped for a lot longer than I expected and you really had a chance to see all the different characters and detailing on the floats.

One great aspect of BPB is that, depending on where you are standing when the parade stops, you'll get Toy Story, Monsters Inc or Bugs Life action right in front of you. It's designed to be seen more than once and I wish we'd been able to see all variations.

Sulley heads up the Monsters Inc float.

It's tricky to tell if Heimlich is an AA or not.

After BPB moved on we joined the line for the Little Mermaid show (had never seen it before and was curious to check it out, as well as sit down in some AC!) After waiting 10mins and moving slowly towards the entrance the CM cut off the line at a couple of people in front of us and said we'd have to wait until the next show - approx 20mins. Figuring that was too much to take in our current state we decided to head back to the resort and rest.

We were back at Pop by 4.15 but then realised that our ADR for Cape May Cafe that evening was not at 8.30 as I'd been thinking all day, but at 7.10. Whoops.

So showered, changed and slightly rested we were out again at 6pm. We caught the bus to the Studios with no wait and then ran from the bus stop to the boat dock in time to be the last ones on the Friendship to the Yacht & Beach Club.
    I realise there are easier ways to get to Y&B, but we'd never taken a boat from Studios past the Boardwalk etc and it made for some unique scenery.
    I was so interested in looking out the window that I forgot to take any photos. Doh!

I've managed to walk straight the DHS boatdock and not notice it before.

We checked in at Cape May Cafe at the Beach club with 5mins to spare and only had to wait 10mis for a table.
    We took the time to explore the lobby - very nice indeed.

The Beach club lobby has chairs big enough for two.

We were seated at a booth next to the kitchen entrance (not a problem) and the lady showing us to our table informed us the Roger would be our server this evening. She grabbed a crayon from the pot on each table (for kids, I assume) and wrote his name on the table cloth.
    Roger appeared soon afterwards and was a very tall man with a very funny, dry sense of humor. He asked if we'd visited before and explained the layout of the buffet before taking our drinks order. He signed off with "You're dismissed. We'll meet back here."

Note the writing on the table.

The food was good. I'm not a great seafood eater, but the BBQ ribs, prime rib etc that I had were good and Kathryn said the prawns, mahi-mahi etc were very nice. The Oreo bon-bons in the dessert buffet was delicious.

Hidden Mickey alert!

I'd noted on the ADR that it was our anniversary and this was bought out to us.

If you're a seafood fan (and hungry) I can definitely recommend Cape May Cafe.

We walked out the back of the Beach Club towards the baot dock and saw a very lonely looking photopass CM standing on the walkway, so we got our picture taken and watched the kids roasting marshmellows on the beach bonfire. The was also an outdoor screen setup showing Wall-E right on the water's edge.

Kids play around the beach bonfire (bonfire not shown, for some reason)

Me waiting at the dock, with the Boardwalk by night in the background.

We caught the boat back to DHS for Extra Magic Hours (it was 9pm by now) We headed straight for Toy Story Midway Mania, but CMs at the entrance were turning people away as the ride was currently down.
    This is where Kathryn did a double take at the man talking to the CM in front of us - it was someone she used to work with a couple of months ago, and he and his family were on the last couple of days of their trip. It IS a small world after all!

So we made our way through Pixar Place and stopped to watch Luxo direct the lighting in the trees - it's a great little touch and well worth catching.
    We walked through Streets Of America and through the Muppet courtyard (As there are practically no open attractions or restaurants in those areas, they were deserted and I love seeing the parks at night with no one around.) Stopped by to check out the Star Tours queue - the Ewok village has some cool after dark effects it's worth exploring.

As we walked past the tip board on Hollywood Boulevard we saw the wait time for Toy Story was now 40 mins - it was 9.45 and the park was due to close at 10 so this struck me as odd. We checked with the CM that TSMM was open again and when he told us it was we ran over to Pixar Place and joined the line. 10 minutes later we were experiencing out first ride on TSMM and it is without a doubt a hit with the both of us.

Here's some short video of Mr Potato Head I took in the queueing area, but I seemed to time so that all he did was blink mostly.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55erMmLaWAM"]YouTube - Mr Potato Head @ TSMM[/ame]

We were out of the park buy 10.15 and had to wait for a second bus as there so many people heading back to Pop. We were back in our room by 10.35, where I found an SD card under one the beds. I checked it out in our camera and it was pictures the family who had our room room the previous week, judging by the date stamps on the photos. I made a note to hand it in at reception in the morning and finally climbed into bed after a tiring but very enjoyable day at 11.30.

Day Three was spent at Universal Studios and can be found in that forum.
    Day Four coming soon!
    Last edited by PeaJay18; 10-29-2009 at 05:26 AM.

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

• Don't mess with the duck!

Great update.

• Diamond In The Rough

Day Three was mainly spent at Universal Studios Florida, so it can be found over here.

(On an unrelated note, I'm very proud and excited to make the Micechat Roundup -,
    in fact the only thing cooler is those Wilderness Explorer costumes modeled by Awesome and his girlfriend!)
    Last edited by PeaJay18; 10-28-2009 at 08:30 AM.

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12