Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• WDW Daily News *****

Disney's "Horror"Wood Studios

With the success of MNSSHP at Magic Kingdom, which is geared toward families, and Universal's HHN's, which is geared to teens and adults, isnt it time for Disney to create a more "adult themed" Halloween experience.

Over a year ago Disney registered various forms of "Disney's Horror Wood Studios" domains, so my guess is they certainly had something in mind in the future.

My question is would you guys like to see a new "adult themed" Halloween experience at Walt Disney World, or would you prefer to keep it more family oriented and have only MNSSHP?
    We are proud to be a MiceChat Partner Website!

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Re: Disney's "Horror"Wood Studios

That would be pretty cool, I think they could even orientate it around the ToT and with the new Indy movie they could have the zombie aztecs and of course StarWars so yes it would really promote adults acting alittle bit more like kids for the night...

Personally that's what upset me so much about the closing of PI now for the adults to really have a adult-type night out at Disney they have to drive all the way to Downtown Orlando or to UNI...it was always nice to leave the kids with Grandma and go cut out for one night with the misses and myself..I'm betting this would have the same effect.

edit: While we still do cut out for one night it's usually now only to go to Dinner or something by ourselves not like before where we'd go to the Adventurer's club or the dance clubs after dinner and drink up the nightlife
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

Disney wouldn't try anything that doesn't cater to their main demographics. Plus they'd be unable to wrestle the locals away from HHN.

• Pongo is my hero.

NIGHTMARE. BEFORE. CHRISTMAS. Use it DHS, cmon!

DHS targets teens. Teens like NBC. Teens also like HHN. I don't see why they can't combine these too. Especially since there were rumors of NBC invading DHS a while ago.

one hundred and one

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
    NIGHTMARE. BEFORE. CHRISTMAS. Use it DHS, cmon!

DHS targets teens. Teens like NBC. Teens also like HHN. I don't see why they can't combine these too. Especially since there were rumors of NBC invading DHS a while ago.

Seeing as ABC/ESPN is owned by Disney I don't see a major NBC takeover of DHS happening anytime soon...
    Last edited by ORD84; 10-24-2009 at 08:24 PM. Reason: please pardon the obvious
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Pongo is my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by ORD84 View Post
    Seeing as ABC/ESPN is owned by Disney I don't see a major NBC takeover of DHS happening anytime soon...

It'll hit you after you reread it a few times...

one hundred and one

It'll hit you after you reread it a few times...

yeah about that...oops I really need some sleep I have been working way too much lately, but that's neither here nor there

anywhoo..ignore my last post my bad, and yes you are right ABC is more younger fan orientated and NBC is more hip with the teens of today..kinda like CBS is hip with 60 year olds
    Last edited by ORD84; 10-24-2009 at 08:41 PM. Reason: edit: misspelled words fixed
    -George S. Patton

• Pongo is my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by ORD84 View Post
    yeah about that...oops I really need some sleep I have been working way too much lately, but that's neither here nor there

anywhoo..ignore my last post my bad, and yes you are right ABC is more younger fan orientated and NBC is more hip with the teens of today..kida like CBS is hip with 60 year olds

LOL, nice reference. Yes, I totally agree with that analogy.

NBC totally fits the HHN kind of event except a little toned down. I suggested in another thread a Halloweentown land, and I think it'd fit well in DHS.

one hundred and one

LOL, nice reference. Yes, I totally agree with that analogy.

NBC totally fits the HHN kind of event except a little toned down. I suggested in another thread a Halloweentown land, and I think it'd fit well in DHS.

That would be cool I would love to see the Nightmare Before Christmas (wow wierd how that is NBC abbreviated too huh?) get a small themed area, it really makes no sense how they sell all that Jack and gear along those lines and they are literally NO WHERE in any of the WDW parks...I've never even seen their costumes walking around anywhere
    -George S. Patton

I wouldn't want to see something scary in the way that Halloween Horror Nights is, but rather a classy sort of scary? Maybe even an entire Twilight Zone themed evening. I would die of happy.
    someday, when we are wiser,
    when the world's older,
    when we have learned

http://nicoleloveswalt.tumblr.com/

"It's kind of fun to do the i m p o s s i b l e ."
    - Walt Disney

• Happy Haunt

I agree I would love to see something more adult oriented at night. Don't get me wrong when my friends and I go to the parks we stay until it closes especially at Magic Kingdom for EMH but on some nights we don't have anything to do and with PI closed an adult Halloween thing would be fun. I wouldn't like it to be over the top scary either but a TOT themed event would be so fun. Most of the park already has a old time feel so they could do like a movie premier gone wrong type of thing.

I think this would be great. i also think they should open up more rollercoasters and Thrill Rides in MGM and make into a thrill park, well for disney It is already a thrill park
    Motor Mania!

• Pongo is my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacoli View Post
    I think this would be great. i also think they should open up more rollercoasters and Thrill Rides in MGM and make into a thrill park, well for disney It is already a thrill park
    DHS isn't meant to be a rollercoaster park. It has ONE roller coaster. Theme is always first. This ain't no Six Flags.

I still don't see why roller coasters translates to Halloween. rofl

one hundred and one

• We'll hold them at bay

I would like to see a real haunted house in DHS. That would be fun. Perhaps in a section carved out the Backlot Tour
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Pongo is my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcB View Post
    I would like to see a real haunted house in DHS. That would be fun. Perhaps in a section carved out the Backlot Tour
    There's no such thing as a real haunted house. :P

HM and ToT fulfills any haunted desire I have!

Here's an idea. Install MASSIVE projectors onto the Tower of Terror, like the video below (AMAZING), and play it every night. It doesn't even have to be Halloween.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8Y-35-Jyc8"]YouTube - Tower of Terror Official Opening[/ame]

one hundred and one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast