Marathon discount tickets

I'm signed up to run the Disney world marathon 2010, have my hotel taken care of, and am looking at tickets. I've heard in past years they have had discounted tickets, but couldn't find anything on the website or in confirmation. Does anyone know if they will be doing tickets for runners? Anyone else running?

Re: Marathon discount tickets

Quote Originally Posted by ameeg View Post
    I'm signed up to run the Disney world marathon 2010, have my hotel taken care of, and am looking at tickets. I've heard in past years they have had discounted tickets, but couldn't find anything on the website or in confirmation. Does anyone know if they will be doing tickets for runners? Anyone else running?
    Hi! Best of luck. I wanted to do the half but the time ran out before I registered and all the places went. I plan to do the Princess one in March instead. I don't know about discounted tickets but I have heard about the giving you good rates on hotels and transport to and from hotels to the event. I'm not sure...
    how is your training going? I have to say I am pretty lazy at the moment, too many cakes and biscuits!
    Good luck!

• Disney Vacation Planner

There is a discount on rooms and packages for the Marathon, but it isn't a huge discount at all. Very disappointing. No discounts at all on just the tickets, unless some other organization is offering them. I don't know of any. You get a better deal by booking the Buy 4 Get 3 Free offer (Moderate and deluxe resorts). If you can't stay 7 nights, and you are only going to stay, say 5 nights, you will at least get one night free with tickets.

That's a bummer about the tickets, but pretty smart on Disney's side.. I guess. There are going to be thousands of people just for the races, why offer deeply discounted rates, when you can make big bucks? I checked the "marathon rates" and I'm not that impressed.. They must not be that concerend with runners staying off property.
    With exception of tiredness and limited time, training is going well. I think that's pretty normal though. I'm very excited for the marathon, which seems rather crazy.. Looking forward to running 26 miles.. I'm running for Inheritance of Hope, so that's been keeping me motivated in training.

• Disney Vacation Planner

Smile Re: Marathon discount tickets

Quote Originally Posted by ameeg View Post
    That's a bummer about the tickets, but pretty smart on Disney's side.. I guess. There are going to be thousands of people just for the races, why offer deeply discounted rates, when you can make big bucks? I checked the "marathon rates" and I'm not that impressed.. They must not be that concerend with runners staying off property.
    With exception of tiredness and limited time, training is going well. I think that's pretty normal though. I'm very excited for the marathon, which seems rather crazy.. Looking forward to running 26 miles.. I'm running for Inheritance of Hope, so that's been keeping me motivated in training.
    I have a friend going down to run. He'll be there all by himself. He's had a tough year and needs a break. I hope he has the time of his life! I'm proud of him for stepping out and doing this, and for how dedicated he has been running everyday to get ready for the marathon. Yeah, motivation doesn't just drop out of the sky, you have to look for it. Good Luck!