• Official Mice Chat person

Rockin' Rollercoaster Audio Question

First off, I've never been to the WDW resort.

I know that the old version of the space mountain (at DL california) had on-board audio problems and now so does California Screamin' at Disney's California Adventure. So I was just wondering... How has Rockin' Rollercoaster's Audio held up over the years? California Screamin's went fast and rarely works (from my experiences with it), did the same thing happen to Rockin' Roller Coaster?

• Disney Memory Maker

Re: Rockin' Rollercoaster Audio Question

RnRC's audio works perfectly. The rollercoaster was built in mind with the audio (after all, the music is half the ride).

Just a few facts:
    -Each Limo has 120 speakers
    --2 Tweeters per seat
    --2 Mid bass drivers per seat
    --1 Subwoofer under the seat
    -Each car has it's own laptop PC providing the digital audio and control signals. The soundtrack is stored on solid state compact flash cards. The audio software, "Digital Sound Source and Sequencer", is custom written by Walt Disney Imagineering.
    -There are 5 separate audio scores synchronized to the ride
    -There are over 900 speakers in the attraction

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• The one, the only...

I have never had a problem with the sound on the Rockin' Roller coaster.

BTW, I think it is the best coast Disney has made!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Thanks for all the info.

I'm glad to know that Disney Can create a rollerocoaster with audio that doesn't fail in 2 years.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Yeah RnRc has great audio. Never had an issue...though some of the trains certainly have better soundtracsk than others. 5 trains, 5 soundtracks...but nothing beats flying to "Sweet Emotion".
    DL's Space's audio issues were from teh fact that the audio was added after the fact. It wasn't built into the trains, which also in turn didn't help the trains.
    I didn't know Screamin had audio issues...

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    I didn't know Screamin had audio issues...
    It didn't always, the first few years it always worked when I rode. But lately I havn't had one ride where the audio acutally works right. Sometimes there's no audio at all, the next time all I hear is Bass. (Really annoying, it Vibrates the car) and sometimes it's so soft you can't even hear it durring really fast loud portions of the ride. It's a shame too, because the audio is Awesome! But those are just my experiences, people tell me they hear the audio every time.. I guess I'm just un-lucky.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandrocks55
    It didn't always, the first few years it always worked when I rode. But lately I havn't had one ride where the audio acutally works right. Sometimes there's no audio at all, the next time all I hear is Bass. (Really annoying, it Vibrates the car) and sometimes it's so soft you can't even hear it durring really fast loud portions of the ride. It's a shame too, because the audio is Awesome! But those are just my experiences, people tell me they hear the audio every time.. I guess I'm just un-lucky.
    No, you're not unlucky, I haven't been on it 14 times, and it only worked 5/14 times. I haven't been on it since the accident, so I don't know if it was restored, or what.

• Banned User

Screemin has audio.. thats what the speekers in the car were for.. lol

RNRC never is rarely had audio problems.. It was built with it.. and is part of the ride... if it does break.. everyone can get a ride again on a different train..(i think)

being indoors and designed with it helps keep things working..

• Banned User

I think a lot that has to do with California Screamin' issues is that it is exposed to the elements being outdoors and everything and that the wires are burried under all the fiberglass and in order to get to it, they need to disassemble the cars. Who knows, that's just what I heard. Disneyland's Space Mountain should last because like Rock n' Rollercoaster, it was built(actually rebuilt) with the audio in mind. And everytime I go on Space Mountain, it works extremely well. CA Screamin' on the other hand is a rare occurance as to when it works properly.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I think I have to give Walk This Way the nod for my favorite song to go speeding through the streets of Los Angeles to get to a concert.

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

I think my favorite song was "Sweet Emotion" When that opening guitar riff was playing right before you launched, it was such a perfect lead in to that takeoff... Also, I wonder if Disney has any plans to reshoot the video footage in the sound booth.. I mean it is getting old and the guys dont that young anymore.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I don't know why, but that is one of my favorite preshows. Heck, I like most preshows (ToT, Test Track, Mission Space, Soarin')

when does the Audio System on Space Mtn at DL California has been Setup .

Space Mountain at Disneyland Paris had its first version of Audio System too and they had a lots of troubles with the Audio . Now The audio System on Space Mountain Mission 2 has the Same System as Rock'n Roller Coaster at the WDS and MGM .
    HKDL : Done !!!

California Screamin' is Intamin while Rock N Roller Coaster is Vekoma, this is most likely the biggest factor why their sound system runs differently. I'm not sure about Space Mountain though, that's in-house I believe correct?

Anyway, I hope to actually make to CA this summer to ride Space & Screamin!

Quote Originally Posted by iPod
    California Screamin' is Intamin while Rock N Roller Coaster is Vekoma, this is most likely the biggest factor why their sound system runs differently. I'm not sure about Space Mountain though, that's in-house I believe correct?

Anyway, I hope to actually make to CA this summer to ride Space & Screamin!

Space Mountain in anaheim is AMEC Dynamic Structures, and the identical version in Hong Kong Is by Vekoma. Kinda Weird