• Proradvlx

Adding packages after booking

Hi all!

Well, I'm at it again - planning next years trip.

Here's my question: Within the past couple years, I have been told (by a travel company that shall remain nameless) that, for example, I could go ahead and book my trip for next year, picking the dates and resort that I wanted to say at, and put the $200 down to reserve it right now. But, once a package would come avaliable for that time I have already reserved, that package could be applied onto my exsisting reservation.

Example: Thinking about going down Dec. 13th-23rd next year. Currently, Disney has the "Buy 4, get 3 free" package. If this same package come avaliable next year, I could get that package applied then to the already exsisting reservation.

So - Has anyone ever been told this? Is this true? Does that really work? Just doing a compairison between using the 4+3 package and not is a difference of a little over $900. That's pretty impressive!!!

Thanks all!!!

Re: Adding packages after booking

I haven't done it myself, but I have heard from many people that they got discount codes applied after booking. I don't think it will be a problem at all.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I did it.

Last year, we booked our room and tickets for Oct. and the month before, the free dining became availiable for our time there. A wonderful travel agent here on MC tipped us all off, and gave us the code. I called the next day, and they applied it to our package.

My parents booked just a room, and there was a code to receive 40% off a room during that same time frame. They called in with the code, and it was applied.

Only one problem...when we got there, my parent's code had not been applied. No problem though. The front desk were happy to apply it right then and there.

So....lesson learned..keep that code written down and handy for check in!

• Disney Vacation Planner

Quote Originally Posted by proradvlx View Post
    Hi all!

Here's my question: Within the past couple years, I have been told (by a travel company that shall remain nameless) that, for example, I could go ahead and book my trip for next year, picking the dates and resort that I wanted to say at, and put the $200 down to reserve it right now. But, once a package would come avaliable for that time I have already reserved, that package could be applied onto my exsisting reservation.

Example: Thinking about going down Dec. 13th-23rd next year. Currently, Disney has the "Buy 4, get 3 free" package. If this same package come avaliable next year, I could get that package applied then to the already exsisting reservation.

So - Has anyone ever been told this? Is this true? Does that really work? Just doing a compairison between using the 4+3 package and not is a difference of a little over $900. That's pretty impressive!!!

Thanks all!!!
    Yes, it is true. If you book a package, and a discount comes out, you can have it applied to your reservation. The key here is that you have to call Disney and ask for it. It won't be automatically applied. If you use a travel agent, a good one will watch for the specials and call to have it applied for you.
    Also, remember that the components that a special offer has this year may not have the same components the next year. (We always hope that they are better than the year before!) As an example: Free dining last year gave you the Regular dining package even if you stayed at a value resort. This year you only get the Quick service dining if staying at a value resort.

Quote Originally Posted by proradvlx View Post
    Hi all!

Thanks all!!!
    Well, itís SORT OF true. That is, it is true but only under the right circumstances. If those circumstances donít exist, then itís NOT true. Iím sure Julie from Magical Travel will back up my unfortunately lengthy explanation.

Let me start with a bottom line statement or two, and then Iíll give the explanation. HAVING A PRE-EXISTING RESERVATION DOES NOTHING TO HELP YOU BOOK A PROMO OR SPECIAL DEAL. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO BOOK THE PROMO OR DEAL JUST BECAUSE YOU ALREADY HAVE A PRE-EXISTING RESERVATION.

When Disney offers a promo such as Buy 4 Nights Get 3 Free, they are doing it because rooms arenít selling well enough. They are doing it to sell more rooms. If certain room categories in certain resorts are already selling well enough for certain dates, then the B4G3F promo wonít be available in that room category in that resort on those dates.

For each room category at each resort, Disney sets a super-secret target occupancy rate for the promo. I donít know what those numbers are, so Iíll just make some up for the purpose of this explanation. For simplicity, letís call it 90% Ö if 90% of rooms are already sold (for that category, for specific dates), then Disney wonít offer any more promo-priced rooms in that category at that resort for those dates. If fewer than 90% of rooms are already sold, then the promo is in place.

Letís say you already have a package reservation for February 1 Ė 8 (7 nights) at Caribbean Beach Resort in a water view room. And then Disney announces Buy 4 Get 3 Free. You call Disney to try to take advantage of that great deal. The cast member might tell you that you WONíT be able to use that deal for those dates for a water view room at CBR, but you CAN use the B4G3F deal for a standard room at CBR or for a water view room at Port Orleans Riverside. You wonít be told this, but itís because CBRís water view rooms already have 90% or higher occupancy for one or more of your travel dates, but that resortís standard rooms and PORís water view rooms are at less than 90% occupancy for ALL of your travel dates. MAKE SENSE?

So this is what I mean when I say that having a pre-existing reservation gives you NO ADVANTAGE over someone with no current reservation at all. EXAMPLE: CBRís water view rooms (for your dates) are currently at 89.5% occupancy Ö one more reservation will push it over the 90% threshold, making it no longer available with the B4G3F deal. I donít have any Disney reservation. I call up and snag that last promo-rate CBR water view room; that room category is now more than 90% sold for those dates. Then just 2 minutes later, you call up and try to ďapplyĒ the B4G3F promo to your existing reservation for a CBR water view room for February 1 Ė 8. Sadly, you are told that you canít have the promo price for that room category for those dates; you may be given options for other similar rooms at other resorts or another room category within the same resort.

THIS is why you canít have the promo price automatically applied. This is how Disney reservations work. It works exactly the same way with AAA discounts Ö an AAA discount isnít like a coupon that can be automatically applied, itís subject to the occupancy rate being below whatever target rate they have set.

If any of this doesnít make sense, Iíd be happy to explain further.

• Proradvlx

Lot's of very good information - Thanks to all replies!!!