Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Happy Haunt

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

I'm off Tuesday for a completely unplanned trip to Disney World! A friend invited me down yesterday and I couldn't resist a trip!

MVMCP will be going on one of the days that I'm there and I was wondering what people thought of it. I've never been to Disney at Christmas and I'm really excited to see the place all decorated! Is it worth the money to go? What are the MVMCP must see/do?

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Re: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

We went.......um......4 years ago? I think that's right. Anyway..it was very nice. They give out hot cocoa and cookies, the whole atmosphere is just great. The parade is really nice, and the characters are all dressed in their winter best. It's really a fun time.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I went about 3 years ago and I will be going again in December. It is really nice. It snows on main street, they give out hot cocoa and cookies as Stitchy said. Also, the parade is really good and so are the fireworks. The atmosphere, for me personally, is very festive. I don't think this is something you have to do repeatedly, but since you never have gone I would definetly suggest it. Most of the attractions are still open for your use also.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I went to the party a few years ago. I really enjoyed it. Here is the strategy that we used. We did not visit a theme park on the day we were scheduled for the party. We did other things. They let you enter the Magic Kingdom about 4, 4:30 p.m. That way you don't use a day on a parkhopper for instance, and then have the added expense of the party, since it's not a cheap ticket.

I was there for about a week. We did a tour (that didn't require park admisssion) followed by Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian, and then we headed to the Christmas Party. We arrived just as they began letting people in, and you can stay til midnight, I believe. They actually had two separate fireworks, and the parade was beautiful in the dark. We rode rides, took lots of pictures, and the snow is pretty cool. There was a special ceremony for lighting the castle when it got dark. The hot cocoa and cookies was handed out in the Tomorrowland restaurant.

We love it! It's really cool and the crowds are low! The Parade was great cocoa and cookies were also great!!

Enjoy!
    Tiffany șoș
    Arthur: For The Love Of Magic
    Chief Content Editor of WDW Daily News Newsletter.

We are proud to be a MiceChat Partner Website!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I went to the party a few years ago. I really enjoyed it. Here is the strategy that we used. We did not visit a theme park on the day we were scheduled for the party. We did other things. They let you enter the Magic Kingdom about 4, 4:30 p.m. That way you don't use a day on a parkhopper for instance, and then have the added expense of the party, since it's not a cheap ticket.

Barbaraann has an very good tip there, I second her recommendation. We do the same thing actually. We get a non expiration park ticket and doing that has helped us get about 3 trips out of the ticket since we have been going to the MVMCP.

MVMCP is fun (we have only missed it once 2004 went to DLP instead)since 2003. Though I have been disappointed by some of the cutbacks while the price continues to rise every year. It is worth checking out at least once, we'll be back on Nov 19th.

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Barbarann, that was an excellent tip! I'll have to remember that on our next trip.

My family and I have gone to MVMCP several times over the years. Since we only go to WDW every 3-5 years (we're Disneylanders in CA) we include the party in our trips. We had such a great time last year. It was my first time seeing the castle's Christmas lights, and the music they played on Main St. was the best! Andy Williams, Nat King Cole, Perry Como. It really set the mood for the evening.

One thing I noticed was that the back of the park was much less crowded than Main St. We were able to walk on just about everything with little to no lines. I would suggest starting in the back of the park and making your way to Main St torward the latter part of the evening. Also, the earlier part of the Christmas season, especially on the weeknights, weren't sold out. It made for a much more enjoyable evening! We had a great time as usual, and I look forward to going back in a couple of years.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My Christmastime trip to Disney World was very special. I used the remaining 4 days of a 10 day no-expiration parkhopper from an earlier trip. We were on the dining plan, so we were required to purchase a one day ticket. That along with my Merry Christmas party ticket, I was able to visit a park on each day of my trip. I enjoyed my Christmas vacation to Disney World. It was magical indeed. The Party at the Magic Kingdom, the Osbourne Lights at DHS (MGM) the Candlelight Processional at Epcot, are just some of the special things going on.

If you visit at Christmas, be sure and check out the Gingerbread House at the Grand Floridian. I also enjoyed the Train at the Yacht Club, and the Chocolate Carousel at the Beach Club.

• Happy Haunt

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post

If you visit at Christmas, be sure and check out the Gingerbread House at the Grand Floridian. I also enjoyed the Train at the Yacht Club, and the Chocolate Carousel at the Beach Club.
    When does that go up? I've seen Samatha Brown do a Disney World Holiday Special and there are so many cool things to see at the resorts but when does that all start? Will the Gingerbread house etc. be up this upcoming week?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I believe that it is still too early for the Gingerbread House.

The GF Gingerbread house was being constructed in mid-November when we were there last year. It was nearly completed on our last day there around the 18th. Actually I believe it was completed by the 18 and the shop inside was opened for the first day. It was neat stopping by everyday to watch to construction process.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My visit was the first week in December. I was there in 2007.

• Disney Vacation Planner

Quote Originally Posted by GraceysGirl View Post
    I'm off Tuesday for a completely unplanned trip to Disney World! A friend invited me down yesterday and I couldn't resist a trip!

MVMCP will be going on one of the days that I'm there and I was wondering what people thought of it. I've never been to Disney at Christmas and I'm really excited to see the place all decorated! Is it worth the money to go? What are the MVMCP must see/do?

As anything else, it has its good and not so good things about it. But you must go to the MVMCP at least once! Then you'll always have those "first-time" good memories of it. We love it. The Castle is awesome, and so are all the decorations. No better place to be for holiday decorations.
    Oh, don't forget to go over to Hollywood Studios for the Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights! It starts November 10th. A must see! Get there early for when they "hit the switch".

The Gingerbread House is usually set up by mid November. Last year it was ready on the 17th. If you get there and it's not finished, you will be able to watch construction. I think that would be interesting.

The new castle lights are amazing, but if you want to see the lighting ceremony you need to be in the park earlier than the 7PM start of MVMCP. The ceremony takes place at 5:30 or 6 while the park is open to the day guests. It stays lit the rest of the evening (except durning the fireworks) and not repeated again during the party. So as already mentioned above you can get in as early as 4 on the night of you have tickets for MVMCP, I would recommend not missing it cause it is pretty darn cool.

• Characters are my friends

I can't wait for MVMCP! The parties are so much fun. I probably will go next week
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast