Thread: DisneyQuest?

DisneyQuest?

Anyone feel that DisneyQuest has overstayed it's welcome at Downtown Disney?

They haven't had a single new ride or attraction in that building since 2004, no merchandise is being sold relating to the building and it's just collecting cobwebs.

I mean don't get me wrong, for it's time, it was an amazing place.

But now I feel that something like ESPN Zone or something of greater value should be put in it's place.

Who agrees?

• ...is busy, please hold.

Re: DisneyQuest?

I do!

DisneyQuest has really outlasted its welcome.It either has to modernize or backpack across the states to Cali's Downtown Disney.They could really have something if that happens.
    Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
    Think of it as a third arm that magically
    shoots bullets!

Quote Originally Posted by dead_Mau5 View Post
    I do!

DisneyQuest has really outlasted its welcome.It either has to modernize or backpack across the states to Cali's Downtown Disney.They could really have something if that happens.
    Problem with that idea was that DisneyQuest was planned for the get-go to be a franchise of Mega-Arcades across America, the first one opened in Chicago but because of lukewarm reviews it closed down and ever since then, no plans for DisneyQuest have ever been announced.

To me, keeping DisneyQuest open in Disneyworld is like that hanging man in the Haunted Mansion at the beginning of the ride. A rotting corpse put on display for all to see.

• All-American

... I disagree. I think DisneyQuest has a lot of potential, as the "fifth" indoor theme park it was promised to be at its opening. But like any theme park, Disney has the responsibility to keep it fresh, taking out dated attractions and putting in new, cutting-edge when necessary. Instead Disney has let it grow stale, not putting in anything new in years, and letting it fill up space in West Side.

I'd like to see DisneyQuest refreshed and repromoted as the place to be on a rainy day at WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    ... I disagree. I think DisneyQuest has a lot of potential, as the "fifth" indoor theme park it was promised to be at its opening. But like any theme park, Disney has the responsibility to keep it fresh, taking out dated attractions and putting in new, cutting-edge when necessary. Instead Disney has let it grow stale, not putting in anything new in years, and letting it fill up space in West Side.

I'd like to see DisneyQuest refreshed and repromoted as the place to be on a rainy day at WDW.
    DisneyQuest HAD the potential, but now that the years have passed by and Disney has moved on, DisneyQuest has been just sitting there left to die a slow and painful death.

I say, put it out of it's misery and make something better out of it, rather than just keep the building on life support.

• The Darkness to Light

The thing you have to realize is that the arcade industry in America is practically dead. It was a very ambitious goal of Disney to create DisneyQuest at a time when that particular scene was on the last leg of life support. No doubt, their idea was to revive said industry with some Disney Magic, but I guess that doesn't work on an industry that's been failing to make any money in America since the release of the home console.

Now, you have to admit, DQ did do some good. If it wasn't for DQ being the home base for CyberSpace Mountain, you wouldn't have Sum of all Thrills at Innoventions. It also became the HQ for those "How to Draw Disney Characters" in WDW after the Disney Institute became another Vacation Club resort. And it's one of the few places where you can spend a whole day having fun on the property while the weather is horrible outside.

But the sad fact is that, once again, the arcade industry in America is dead, and to keep it around without producing something for it is indeed foolish.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Another trip down I-4

I still love Disney Quest. It's actually open later in the winter when everything else seems to close at 7 pm, and where the heck else can you shoot that annoying guest with a rubber ball and spin them around silly?

However, I would like to see some renovations done - and let's advertise it, Disney!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gaston View Post
    Who agrees?
    This turkey should have been closed 5 years ago. It's rather bland entertainment from a company that can deliver much much more. Only the elevator ride with Genie is worth salvaging if they ever close it.

• Occasional Reader

I remember being bowled over by the Aztec treasure hunting or whatever it was called. Remote control cars, remotely done by video. I thought that was a real touch of disney and was one of my "wow" moments....sadly when I went to go near it next trip it was shut....this trip all trace of it was gone !
    Smile, you never know who's looking !

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gaston View Post
    Yes, absolutely
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Pongo is my hero.

I guess I'm the minority here, but I LOVE that place.

Still made it a point to visit at least one time each year.

I'm surprised people here don't like it.... but then they want it in Cali. Figures lol

one hundred and one

It should be shut down like all the other Disney Quest locations.

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
    I guess I'm the minority here, but I LOVE that place.
    No. I'm with you there. I like the place, but at the same time, I know the state of the arcade industry is in.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.