Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Pleasure Island Demolition Begins

savepleasureisland.blogspot.com reports minor dismantalling has occurred in the back of Mannequins, and in the Sosa area. Pictures are included.

Rock 'n Roll Beach Club is rumored to be the first major structure that will be completely demolished.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Sad Re: Peasure Island Demolition Begins

For those of us who remember Mannequins in it's prime, you'll enjoy this....

9pm show opening the club. My wife and I always caught it.

Enjoy!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kkxUOnfXVE&feature=related]YouTube - Mannequins Light Show[/ame]

• ...is busy, please hold.

Re: Peasure Island Demolition Begins

Finally, it's starting.
    To me, DTD as a whole always looked and felt dry and unloved.....
    Oh, and also severely overpriced!
    Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
    Think of it as a third arm that magically
    shoots bullets!

• Banned User

Re: Peasure Island Demolition Begins

GOOD RIDDANCE!! PI was never something the Disney name should be associated with. I much rather see dull shops and restaurants than bars and lewd behavior from drunk guests and off duty CMs alike.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Re: Pleasure Island Demolition Begins

So so sad PI was such a fun place.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• King of Los Angeles

Loved PI, but I wish they would have added more entertainment that was Disney and adult like the Adventurers Club as opposed to scrapping the whole idea. They could have even included a princess-themed burlesque club called fantasy land. (kidding)

sorry, but can I ask why Disney is doing this to PI?

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Anything else replacing it?

I think they are just go0ing to put in shops and restaurants.

*sigh* How boring. I always associated PI with PI from Pinnochio. You know, party central.

When I turned 21, PI was the first time I had club-hopped. We started and 8Trax, I think, took shots off of a ice luge, and had an awesome time. I will really miss the opportunity to go dancing, drinking, and let loose.
    - Larisa

Everybody neat and pretty? Then, on with the show! -MMC

I like Pleasure Island i don't see any problem with Disney having an entertainment area like that especially since it was away from the more family oriented parks. The problem started when the whole concept started to change and the area started to be neglected.

The think the slow death and the recent reputation of the plac e was the fault of WDO management not the concept. DTD Anaheim has bars and events and they do not have the problems they had in Orlando.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I like Pleasure Island i don't see any problem with Disney having an entertainment area like that especially since it was away from the more family oriented parks. The problem started when the whole concept started to change and the area started to be neglected.

The think the slow death and the recent reputation of the plac e was the fault of WDO management not the concept. DTD Anaheim has bars and events and they do not have the problems they had in Orlando.
    I think it was also difficult how when the West Side was built, it essentially placed 2 family friendly areas around PI with no easy way around...unless they walked through PI.

I think it would have helped if it was designed differently, but that's pure speculation

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Mannequins was THE hottest club in Orlando for a long time. I'm going to miss that rotating dance floor. It was always a riot to watch the drunk peeps nearly fall on their face when they attempted to step onto it.

I didn't get to experience Pleasure Island much, but always had a blast when I did.

Oh and they closed all the clubs because Disney claimed guests they surveyed, they said they wanted more shops & restaurants. I'd like to meet these so-called "guests".

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Oh and they closed all the clubs because Disney claimed guests they surveyed, they said they wanted more shops & restaurants. I'd like to meet these so-called "guests".
    Tourist (with kids in tow oftentime..) What do they really know??? Keep in mind that one of the reasons why you all have lost your precious PI is because of the very same reason some of you defend WDW's lower standards ... "They aim for tourists, and NOT locals." OUCH!!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Tourist (with kids in tow oftentime..) What do they really know??? Keep in mind that one of the reasons why you all have lost your precious PI is because of the very same reason some of you defend WDW's lower standards ... "They aim for tourists, and NOT locals." OUCH!!
    I think it has more to do with the ease of focusing on less discriminating young children. The amount of convention space at Walt Disney World is not properly being utilized as the Resort entirely lacks a place for adults, mostly alone, to go in the evening after their business has been formally conducted. Disney should be providing some more options than the standard fare of Downtown Disney, which is heavily marketed to others, the park that may be open late or the hotel restaurants and lounges. Having these tourists go off property may only encourage them, in the future, to spend less and stay elsewhere.

I think it was also difficult how when the West Side was built, it essentially placed 2 family friendly areas around PI with no easy way around...unless they walked through PI.

I think it would have helped if it was designed differently, but that's pure speculation
    I agree. The placement of the West Side completely ignored the intentional isolation of Pleasure Island. I would guess the location of the West Side was chosen more for its ability to be waterfront space to yield higher rents. The presence of parallel parking, based on American averages, in other circumstances would have seen people simply driving themselves around Pleasure Island. The West Side's location seems to ignore the presence of foreign visitors, who are more willing to walk further distances, and a dependence by many on Disney Transport.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning509s View Post
    For those of us who remember Mannequins in it's prime, you'll enjoy this....

9pm show opening the club. My wife and I always caught it.

Enjoy!

YouTube - Mannequins Light Show
    Coming from one that has never had the pleasure of experiencing Pleasure Island, all I can say is OMG! The Mannequins ight Show was sexy, wildly exuberant, and a rythmic hi-tec thrill to the senses! Thanks for sharing this vid, Lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by dead_Mau5 View Post
    Finally, it's starting.
    To me, DTD as a whole always looked and felt dry and unloved.....
    Oh, and also severely overpriced!
    The price factor was probably the main sourse of PI's current demise. Can't we have cheap thrills and cheap prices at the same time? Let's get it together Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    GOOD RIDDANCE!! PI was never something the Disney name should be associated with. I much rather see dull shops and restaurants than bars and lewd behavior from drunk guests and off duty CMs alike.
    Not me.. Even angels need a little upbeat downright -ish entertainment sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    So so sad PI was such a fun place.
    Sorry, my friend. They should be lowing the price instead of lowering the boom on the boom boom pow.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzedLightyear View Post
    Loved PI, but I wish they would have added more entertainment that was Disney and adult like the Adventurers Club as opposed to scrapping the whole idea. They could have even included a princess-themed burlesque club called fantasy land. (kidding)
    A Fantasy Land burleque club featuring hot naughty Disney princesses and princes would certainly turn me on like a dream come true.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast