Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Restless Haunt

Cool Haunted Mansion Holiday Nightmare

Now, I know that there are those out there who just hate the idea of HMH at the magic kingdom, and there are die hard HM fans who are at the edge of their seats to see it happen. For me, I'm in between that. What I want every body to do is to throw out idea's of what you think should happen to the mansion if it had a Halloween/Christmas overlay. For example: What would the Grand staircase(s) look like? What would become of the portrait corridor? Would it look exactly like the Tokyo Mansion? And so on. I know there has been probably other threads like this, but I want to enhance it, not review, look beyond the horror-izon (no pun intended). P.S. For those of you that would rather the HMH to not occur, please do not complain to me and respect my thoughts as I do yours, this is just for fun. RIP, Foolish Mortal 13
    Last edited by Foolish Mortal 13; 11-23-2009 at 04:03 PM.

• ...is busy, please hold.

Re: Haunted Mansion Holiday Nightmare

I'm fine with MK getting a "Nightmare" overlay. As long as Leota is out of the equation and replaced by Oogie Boogie looking into a crystal ball or something on that scale. She kind of ruins the DL version.
    Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
    Think of it as a third arm that magically
    shoots bullets!

• Restless Haunt

Wink Re: Haunted Mansion Holiday Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by dead_Mau5 View Post
    I'm fine with MK getting a "Nightmare" overlay. As long as Leota is out of the equation and replaced by Oogie Boogie looking into a crystal ball or something on that scale. She kind of ruins the DL version.
    Actually I think that is depicted on one of Leota's tarot cards. I could be wrong, but not a bad idea though.

Last edited by Foolish Mortal 13; 11-23-2009 at 04:14 PM.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I'd love to see Haunted Mansion Holiday at WDW. If they get Tokyo's version, I think most folks would be happy with it.

And I love the Oogie idea presented above!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Restless Haunt

Before any body says anything else, I want to throw out an Idea of my own: You know how at Tokyo, the staircase scene is similar to the pre-Disney World staircase, and at Christmas time, the spider webs are still there, with a few exceptions. There are cages with green roaches labeled to Oogie, and at the top of the staircase is a full moon where the shadow of Oogie Boogie cackles and dances around then eventually turns into a tree. Whereas at Disney World, it would be cool to see Oogie Boogie's shadow prancing around the staircases instead of the florescent green foot prints, and the full moon stays as the idea of Oogie finding his way out of the staircases. One last thing to be done here, why not add barbed wire garlands?
    (The Grand Staircase scene)
    Last edited by Foolish Mortal 13; 11-23-2009 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Mortal 13 View Post

Actually I think that is depicted on one of Leota's tarot cards. I could be wrong, but not a bad idea though.

I was thinking something like that, only the crystal ball would have a trapped Sally rather than Leota.
    shoots bullets!

• Restless Haunt

One more Idea, then I'll let you guys talk it out, there is one hardly noticeable scene in the mansion, the infamous stairwell. Here is where things get messy, there are three elements in this room: two of the "Sinister 11" portraits are re-located here and a candelabra floats freely at the top. What to do what to do. I am considering using Sally to replace the family portrait and the Harlequin monster to replace the April/December portrait. But I'm thinking of, instead of large audio-animatronics of Jack and Sally, using the Vampire teddy bear here, just like the one at DLR, where he is teasing you with a present on a fishing pole, and the stairs are covered with presents that would eventually make up the tower of presents that Vampire teddy would be sitting on.
    (Stairwell scene)
    Last edited by Foolish Mortal 13; 11-23-2009 at 05:36 PM.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I would give just about ANYTHING for a Nightmare overlay at WDW's Mansion.

I'd like to see a stretching portrait of a faux silver Christmas tree that would reveal the base being devoured by that giant corn snake thing.

^Like this, but sorta backwards!
    shoots bullets!

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

MK Overlay would be fine, many fans want it.

Quote Originally Posted by dead_Mau5 View Post
    I was thinking something like that, only the crystal ball would have a trapped Sally rather than Leota.
    It'd be cool if they could have Sally looking at the Crystal Ball as the tree slowly becomes flaming and destroyed like her premonition in the movie

maybe setup some projectors on the sides and do a bilzzard or something for the room instead of the floating cards or whatnot (doesn't Paris have a thunderstorm in their room?)

I think most people would enjoy this but I doubt it'd happen I mean WDW doesn't even Christmasify the Country Bears anymore.

I'd so be out in Florida if they did though, the Tokyo overlay looked far superior to the California one so anything similar would have me out for sure.
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

• Pongo is my hero.

Why not just make the ride to go with the festival at DHS.... ?

one hundred and one

• Banned User

I believe those fan who would not want the Nightmare overlay at the MK are those who have not seen it. The overlay is so well done, in so many levels, that it would be a great seasonal addition to the lackluster holiday offerings at the MK. And while we are at it..why not the Small World Holiday overlay, and the return of the Country Bear Christmas show?
    Right now.. if you want to see those three xmas offerings in a single day, you would have to go to Tokyo Disneyland.

• Restless Haunt

There's a two hour delay at my school today, so I'm just going to spend my time wisely, hopefully. In the corridor of doors, the whole hall way is covered with family portraits and haunted doors, some breathing, some knocking, some with things trying to escape, but what about that tall green portrait to the left? It's the Hatchet Man's 2nd appearance. During the Holiday's at DL he would be removed and replaced with singing Man-eating poinsettia's. But at Disney world, shouldn't we replace it with a portrait of Sandy Claws and Oogie Claws back-to-back?

Something like this:
    I picked this up on one of my "where in the mansion" scavenger hunts.

(Corridor of Doors Hatchet man portrait)
    Last edited by Foolish Mortal 13; 11-24-2009 at 05:58 AM.

• Pongo is my hero.

How does Jack and Oogie standing side by side make sense? They're both enemies.

MK does need Holiday overlays badly, but our HM seems like the last to need one (I'd still want it though). CBJ and IASW just need something new.

one hundred and one

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast