Mickey's Very Merry Xmas

Couple of questions for you all. If you want to see the Christmas Parade and the lights on the castle, is the only way to do so is to buy a ticket to this special party? At Disneyland you get that for no additional charge-it's part of their Xmas celebrations.
    Last edited by GUYNYC; 11-24-2009 at 04:47 AM. Reason: typo

• Characters are my friends

Re: Mickey's Very Merry Xmas

The castle lighting happens during regular hours. However, until the Christmas parties end, the Christmas parade is only shown during the Christmas parties (it will be shown during regular hours after the last party until New Years, I believe).
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by GUYNYC View Post
    Couple of questions for you all. If you want to see the Christmas Parade and the lights on the castle, is the only way to do so is to buy a ticket to this special party? At Disneyland you get that for no additional charge-it's part of their Xmas celebrations.
    Hunny... ALL of the Disneyland parks on Earth, except our beloved MK, features ALL of their holiday entertainment to guests during regular hours...and even all of those parks, are doing much much more than what the MK does during those costly xmas parties. Even my CM friends tell me not to spend the money on that, so if I were you, I'd skip it.
    The parties used ot be fun but now? they are rippoffs. Of course, you could try to do the "I dunno" trick and blend in with those suckers who are paying.. just make sure the CMs do not see you do not have a wristband or they will ask you to leave. You see? ever since they decided to keep the park open for day guests until 7pm, as the party guests are coming in.. both party paying and day guests are being mixed. Some day guests have been able to stay and enjoy the parade and fireworks without paying for the party. I know this for a fact

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I have never been but I went ahead and paid for two tickets for the 18th, attending with a fellow Micechatter.

Sucker, party of two here!

I'm excited! I am definitely looking forward to being in the park with less people.

• Happy Haunt

People can hate on MVMCP (and WDW) all they want but I went TWICE when I was there 2 weeks ago. It was my first time at WDW for Christmas and I really enjoyed everything about the Party. Wait for 10:30 parade if you can. People were waiting for the 8:30 parade at 6 along Main Street. What I did was ride a bunch of rides (since every ride was pretty much a walk on), then I stood in front of the castle for the 9:30 fireworks (which I loved alot), watched the stage show (another thing I really liked) and then ran for a spot for the parade. The first time I watched the parade from Main Street which was fun since it was snowing etc but the second time I stood in the center section by the Partner's statue in front of the castle and watched it from there. I love my pictures of the floats with the castle in the background. Also the hot chocolate and sugar cookies that they give away all over the park are really good. I was surprised. Here are a few of my favorites. Personally if you've never gone before it's at least going once. Christmas being my favorite holiday I'd go again. Most important of all whatever you do make sure to get over to DHS for the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights. It was amazing!

(Some are a bit blurry it was a brand new camera so I was experimenting a bit.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Those pics are awesome! Thanks for sharing.

• Happy Haunt

Ya I really love to take pictures and have noticed that characters even in parades will pause or pose for a moment to let you get a picture if you've got your camera up, which I really apperciate.

Thanks for the thoughts. I agree with both of you. I've never seen Xmas at any of the WDW Parks, I've been there for Halloween and paid extra, and probably never will again--and like you said, I'll probably do it once just to experience it...it's a shame though that they offer what the other Parks do for free. I was just at Disneyland for their Xmas celebrations (again) and it was cool--the lights on Small World I think are magnificent. Although Halloween is still my favorite at all the Parks-especially TDL.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    I have never been but I went ahead and paid for two tickets for the 18th, attending with a fellow Micechatter.

Sucker, party of two here!

I'm excited! I am definitely looking forward to being in the park with less people.
    Maybe I will come and join you too since the other half wants to pay and go since we won't be caught dead at WDW during the last week in december. Just one thing.. and this is yet another problem of the parties.. they are letting too many people in (in addition to the daytime guests who manage to crash it) so it's not like the park will be "less crowded". But nevertheless...you will enjoy it. What little they do is fun. I just feel that for what it is, it's no longer a good value. I do not know why they can't put on the xmas parade, castle show and pyro on for day guests as an added treat for those going to WDW during late november and december. If the other 4 DL parks do just that, then what makes the MK so special to charge extra for the seasonal entertainment??
    And let's face it.. how many people actually take the time to sit thru Belle's story telling show or hang out at the character dance parties? Plus I am yet to hear the reviews on the "Totally Tomorrowland Xmas show" that replaced the long (and I mean looooooooong) running "Twas the Night b4 Xmas" show in the TL Theater... so at least they are doing something "new" this year in that ill fated Stitch Stage they built in TL, without seats.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by GraceysGirl View Post
    People can hate on MVMCP (and WDW) all they want but I went TWICE when I was there 2 weeks ago. It was my first time at WDW for Christmas and I really enjoyed everything about the Party.
    That's wonderful that you enjoyed it and that is the way it should be. You see.. this is why WDW keeps charging extra for the entertainment, because they bank on first timer guests like you and tourists from out of town who are willing to pay for that stuff. But what about us locals? We have been seeing the same xmas parade, fireworks, Candlelight show, Osborn lights, Jingle Jungle parade for years. Same stuff, year after year. How long can you enjoy these things before they go stale? In regards to the parties, you go year after year, and you are seeing the same stuff over and over again. Your pictures are lovely, but I am not seeing much in your photos to make me believe things have changed from what they did last year. That is my problem with these parties.

Quote Originally Posted by GUYNYC
    I've never seen Xmas at any of the WDW Parks
    GASP!! Then since all of this would be new for you, I would definitely urge you to check it out. As a first timer there for the holidays, you will enjoy it... just don't expect the same level of meticulous entertainment as seen at DL. However, do expect some extravagant things.. like the osborne lights, which are worth seeing at least once, even for it's ridiculously HUGE and exagerated tackiness and wonderfulness all rolled into one.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

What WDW needs to do is offer more bang for your buck at these parties. Then it would be more worthwhile.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    What WDW needs to do is offer more bang for your buck at these parties. Then it would be more worthwhile.
    Let me re-emphasize my position on this.. what they do during the party is nice. The fireworks are nice, the parade is decent and bigger than what we are used to seeing daily at the MK. The castle show is cute (even though the Sparkling Xmas Spectacular of yesteryears was a much nicer show than the current one.) But without sweeping revisions to the entertainment from one year to the next, and them offering the same parade, pyro and castle show year after year, while prices to the party continue to rise... it has become cost prohibitive for many locals. Simply not worth it to pay extra for stuff you have seen before, and seen often.
    Let's face it, even the quality of the "free" cookies has gone down in the past few years...and no free family photos anymore...forcing people to dish up $$ for them overpriced photopass pictures.