Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• TDR... It gets the love!!

Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure

Hi everyone. I was sitting here wondering what the 'Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure' is like in each country. I've heard a bit about the China, Germany, Japan and UK pavilions, but have heard no information on the missions available in Mexico, Norway or France. Has anyone been fortunate enough to participate in the 'Adventure' in one of these countries?
    Yes. We all know that I am psychic. Don't believe me? Well... I'm sensing that you like Disney. I see that look of bewilderment, hmmm?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Re: Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure

I did Norway when I was there in April. The premise is that you have to stop one of the The Fashionistas from creating a new 'Viking' fashion from old viking artifacts. You bounce between the 2 sides of the Stave Church for about 5 or 6 times, and then it ends when you cause a viking horn blow and the moaning of viking ghosts rising from the grave to get thier stuff back from the Fashionistas.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

Thanks for your input OogieBoogie! Did the adventure go outside the stave church, or was the whole 'adventure' set there?
    Yes. We all know that I am psychic. Don't believe me? Well... I'm sensing that you like Disney. I see that look of bewilderment, hmmm?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Exomonia View Post
    Thanks for your input OogieBoogie! Did the adventure go outside the stave church, or was the whole 'adventure' set there?
    There were 1 or 2 things we had to find in the church. If I remember right, one of the things that you had to find was which one of the vikings in there was the first to explore North America (Leif Ericson). If you are good with history, you can answer a bunch of the questions in Norway without even looking for the answers. Some of the other things that happen when you do this 'mission' are:

A hidden camera takes a picture of you and your 'viking look' which causes the Fashonistas to take notice and contact you,

You have to say a specific phrase to the cast member at the door to Malstrom to get another clue

You have to do some stuff to one of the statues between the church and the restaurant next to it (Adjacent to the cart which gives the out the 'Kimmunicators')
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Remember also that each country has a few different clues too, so not all are the same. When we did Norway, we only entered the stave church once and never gave a clue to the entrance at Maelstrom.

We did the Norway and France ones when we were there this past summer. I cannot remember the details of France unfortunately, but I remember we spent a great deal of time looking at the Gargoyles in the entrance of the film, and almost couldn't find an answer at all. We also had to look through the camera place by the international Gateway pathway. I seem to remember that out of the 5 we did (Germany, France, Mexico, Japan, UK), we liked Norway the least. Could have been the clues we got, but it just wasn't as animated as the others.

Despite that, it still was a lot of fun, and we're looking forward to doing them again the next time we're in Walt Disney World.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Banned User

I did this Kim thing with a friend who wanted to do it. It was cute for what it is.. but so much of it is so geared towards kids.. personally I don't think I would bother with it again. But at least I do appreciate that some work went into it, with animated props that serve as clues, etc etc.. It's a nice "side activity" to do if you have pesky kids in your party. I would not call this an "attraction" though.

• Occasional Reader

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I did this Kim thing with a friend who wanted to do it. It was cute for what it is.. but so much of it is so geared towards kids.. personally I don't think I would bother with it again. But at least I do appreciate that some work went into it, with animated props that serve as clues, etc etc.. It's a nice "side activity" to do if you have pesky kids in your party. I would not call this an "attraction" though.
    If that's your opinion, i'm upset that when we were there we missed out twice. We got the pass thingys and then got distracted.
    Smile, you never know who's looking !

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpeedo View Post
    If that's your opinion, i'm upset that when we were there we missed out twice. We got the pass thingys and then got distracted.
    I think that is my opinion.. since last time I checked, I was the one and only TDLFAN here. But this is the best benefit for anyone doing Kim Possible... if you are big around the waist (from all those fish and chips) then this is the activity for you, because it forces you to walk ALL OVER the World Showcase. So the exercise you get from it will make it all worth it.

• Occasional Reader

Do not use the World showcase representation of UK to base any judgements on. It's as an accurate a representation of the Uk as this is of a motor vehicle
    ``__
    _/___\__
    O-----O-

You are very discretionary with praise, therefore an "ok" from TDLFAN means it's worth checking out !

an interpretation of reflection of a limited cross section of slices of society and history as chosen by imagineers to look nice.

Wigan - land of the Pie-eaters !
    Last edited by Thorpeedo; 11-24-2009 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Car went wrong :-(
    Smile, you never know who's looking !

• Banned User

Oh trust me, I travel for a living. World Showcase to me is just a big outdoor mall, with food courts everywhere. Not exactly the most accomplished of Disney theme parks' settings in design nor in accurate representation of the countries advertized there.
    I am however, impressed by your computer drawing skills.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I loved it! It was something fun and different and a good way to see things on the showcase you might never have noticed!

The only issue was that when a few other groups were doing it you had to wait for them and look the other way so as not to be spoiled.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

It sounds good-we'll be there early december, and I'm wondering which ones are best. I've heard germany is good. Does anyone have any photos or videos of Mexico, Norway or France?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Exomonia View Post
    It sounds good-we'll be there early december, and I'm wondering which ones are best. I've heard germany is good. Does anyone have any photos or videos of Mexico, Norway or France?
    I would say if you're planning on doing them to not watch videos to be surprised by what happens...it's a lot more fun to see the surprises they have added to each pavilion. Germany, the UK, and Japan were our 3 favorites. We're going to try and do Mexico next time.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Ok sounds good. Im going to try get Germany I think. It does probably spoil it a bit so I won't then, but it was more to get an idea of which looked good. Does anyone have any reports as such on France or Mexico?

I was there in early Dec, and over two days we did all of the countries at least twice. The German steins were my favorite part, and the Japan finale was excellent. This was just two very immature adults, no kids. We skipped a lot of the story dialog after our first mission in Mexico, once we got the hang of how this would work.

In looking at other reviews, I see that we missed some fun missions. I would estimate that over all of our adventures we did 10 different things in each country. Plenty of repeats, but then we'd get some new thing. We did Norway 3 times and never went into the church. We interacted with hosts at Norway and UK. I don't think I can really say "_____ was my favorite country." because it depends which missions you get. Our first try at Germany was pretty boring, but the later ones were hilarious. UK was great the first time, draggy the second (I think we got 2 multiple choice questions that time: boring!). At each country, there was at least one mission that made me say "That was cool!"

As an engineer, the most fascinating part of it was figuring out how it all worked, and admiring how seamlessly the game was woven into the exhibits, shops, and attractions of each pavilion. You would be hard-pressed to walk through a pavilion and identify all of the places where something would happen. The Mexico finale is in plain sight of everyone in the pavilion, but I bet you (as the person that triggers it with your phone) are the only one that notices! Brilliant! The Japan finale happens in the middle of a chaotic area, in view of everyone (and it makes a lot of odd and rude noises) and it is a riot to watch passersby look at each other and say "What the heck just happened?" as you smile and slip out the door.

When you sign up for your phone, ask specifically for Germany, or wherever you want to start. Otherwise you will be given a random country based on current usage levels. And I agree with the poster that said don't watch any videos/spoilers: it is MUCH more fun to be surprised by the silly things that go on, and to puzzle out where you need to stand to trigger each effect. Even as an adult, some of these were tricky, and you felt a sense of accomplishment when you figured it out. When you finish a country, you have the option to turn in your phone or pick another one. If you hated it or thought it was dumb, just opt out right there, but if you had fun and want more, keep going!

We had a blast... yes, we spent hours on it. Any other questions, just ask!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast