Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Holiday ad for WDW on local TV...

OK.. in another poor example of "let's use this ad because folks do not know any better".. and to keep with the company's new motto "Disney Parks" (with no identity?), here comes the lastest tv ad to hit Orlando TV.

The Small World theme can be heard.. while pixie dust lights up several citiy around the world.. like London, Paris, San Fran...etc. A quick glance of Cinderella Castle, with a quick glance of *Disneyland CA's* Main Street USA.. Then again a small reference to holidays and Small World.

Funny, but as far as I know.. the MK at WDW is the only DL park in the World NOT offering the holiday overlay at IASW.

So I beg to ask WDW's management.. why recycle an ad that was probably done for DLR in CA? You think that some of us will be fooled just because editing did a great job of putting the WDW castle in there? Also, how come the ad does not make any references to the costly Xmas parties? or don't you want your patrons to know they have to pay extra for some of that cheerful holiday magic you so much brag about in your altered CA tv ad for WDW???

Again WDW management.. SHAME ON YOU! Despicable to the core you are.

Re: Holiday ad for WDW on local TV...

The ad does seem to be running very frequently. Seems like every commercial break has one. Plus I don't remember seeing so many bill boards outside property as I do this year.

edit to add: LOL just as I hit send the commercial started.
    Last edited by Disney Magic; 11-26-2009 at 08:06 AM.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

That ad originally had Cinderella's Castle featured in it. The last castle that was shown was in fact Cinderella's Castle. But after a few days it was replaced by Sleeping Beauty Castle.

It's about time that Disney focuses on Disneyland during one of their nationally televised commercials.

• Pongo is my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    OK.. in another poor example of "let's use this ad because folks do not know any better".. and to keep with the company's new motto "Disney Parks" (with no identity?), here comes the lastest tv ad to hit Orlando TV.

The Small World theme can be heard.. while pixie dust lights up several citiy around the world.. like London, Paris, San Fran...etc. A quick glance of Cinderella Castle, with a quick glance of *Disneyland CA's* Main Street USA.. Then again a small reference to holidays and Small World.

Funny, but as far as I know.. the MK at WDW is the only DL park in the World NOT offering the holiday overlay at IASW.

So I beg to ask WDW's management.. why recycle an ad that was probably done for DLR in CA? You think that some of us will be fooled just because editing did a great job of putting the WDW castle in there? Also, how come the ad does not make any references to the costly Xmas parties? or don't you want your patrons to know they have to pay extra for some of that cheerful holiday magic you so much brag about in your altered CA tv ad for WDW???

Again WDW management.. SHAME ON YOU! Despicable to the core you are.
    Disney makes commercials so they apply to both the US parks. Ever notice the castle at the end of most commercials? It's a photoshop of both castles.

The commercial doesn't promote Small World Holiday directly though and this add isn't supposed to clairfy MVMCP since this will also be shown to DLanders.

one hundred and one

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

There are multiple versions of the commercial targeted for different markets. The only full version of the AD is online at [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p21IdHL95Lo&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - it's a small world ad 2009[/ame]
    -Bill

I don't know. I don't find this commercial shame full. Yes they show Disneyland's Small World all a glow, but also WDW's Cinderella Castle Dream Lights. Its corporate trying to include both parks for the cost of one commercial, not WDW trying to hide anything.

As far as the MainStreet goes, yes its Disneyland, but I would guess that Vast majority wouldn't be able to tell the difference, especially in that short of a clip.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not defending WDW management, I just don't think this commercial is a reason to add shame to them. Please of other shame that are far more legitimate.

Speaking of noticeing things like its Disneyland's Mainstreet..... anybody have a WDW 2009 Calender. Take a closer look at that "Jungle Cruise at Magic Kingdom" photo.......

• Fortuosity!

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
    Disney makes commercials so they apply to both the US parks. Ever notice the castle at the end of most commercials? It's a photoshop of both castles.
    The awful logo may apply to both parks, but commercials are made for both such as the Halloweentime and Summer Nightastic! ads for Disneyland this year and this one for MNSSHP at WDW:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGiKyN1PXds]YouTube - Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party Commercial[/ame]

Note that this is just an old Disneyland commercial that shows nothing relating to MK or the party it is trying to advertise, only proving TDLFAN's point about Disney not even caring much for their own campaigns or attempts to appeal to locals.
    I like The Happiest Millionaire. What's wrong with that?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Kidgenie View Post
    As far as the MainStreet goes, yes its Disneyland, but I would guess that Vast majority wouldn't be able to tell the difference, especially in that short of a clip.
    that was the point I was trying to make!
    Still, the clip posted by Bill is even further proof that the ad was intended for CA and only adjusted for WDW by shoing the castle. sadly, WDW is the only park without the holiday over at their crappy IASW ride. There is NOTHING holiday related at the Mks IASW, so why feature IASW prominently in a holiday ad for WDW? makes no sense to me. It's also deceiving, then again, most ads for WDw are just that.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

The AD was intended for a worldwide audience. The idea is that "Disney Parks" is one place in the consumer's mind. It's not made for WDW or DL per-say. It was made for Disney Parks, and the idea was that the AD could be cut into a 30 second spot for targeted markets. If you're going to cut the AD to show in a local market, it only makes sense to cut the part of Disney Parks that obviously doesn't exist in your area.
    -Bill

• Pongo is my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    that was the point I was trying to make!
    Still, the clip posted by Bill is even further proof that the ad was intended for CA and only adjusted for WDW by shoing the castle. sadly, WDW is the only park without the holiday over at their crappy IASW ride. There is NOTHING holiday related at the Mks IASW, so why feature IASW prominently in a holiday ad for WDW? makes no sense to me. It's also deceiving, then again, most ads for WDw are just that.
    The castle was probably always in that ad. Plus, WDW does have that facade inside and it is still recognizable. If anything, DLers would be confused when seeing our castle which is totally unrecognizable to them.

one hundred and one

Simply, the "iasw" thing just evokes the "everyone coming together to 'Disney Parks'" thing. I don't think there's even a direct "iasw holiday" correlation except for the "lighting up" of the facade... which doesn't show the inside of the attraction and doesn't really "lie" that badly. I'm guessing they use the DL Main Street and the WDW castle because the DL Main Street makes Cindy's castle look bigger (i.e. extreme forced perspective) and heightens the "awe" that you're supposed to have with the child in the video.

I also don't see anybody complaining that there's no random small tree in the middle of Main Street with Mickey inviting kids to hang ornaments!
    Do do do do do do dodododododo!

-My Electrical Parade Impersonation

• Shubisha

The ad was made for Disneyland. I know they make plenty of generic "Disney Park" style ads featuring one park and photoshop in the castle, but this one was Disneyland's. When they fly over the park itself the kids get excited and one is pointed and mouthing "DISNEYLAND!" and Disneyland's drawbridge/flag pole torch things can still be seen in the Cinderella Castle's overlay. Plus the part with the "it's a Small world Holiday" facade lighting up with its holiday lights played even in the shorter, commercial form on the Disneyland, Disney Parks, and Disneyworld versions and was recently cut from the Disneyworld version because they probably felt that went a little too far cuz it's a pretty big display that people might actually start to expect to see when they visit WDW.

Here's the Disneyland commercial version.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsRz_yfevd4]YouTube - Disneyland Holiday 2009[/ame]

As a side note on the whole photoshopping the castle thing.. I can understand the corporate appeal of doing one generic commercial base and editing in a shot of the different castle depending on what market the commercial's playing to... but do they really have to photoshop it in all the time? I feel like it takes way more effort to manipulate the other castle into the shot of the video or still photo ads versus just shooting footage of both castles to be used as the backdrop.
    Last edited by almandot; 11-28-2009 at 07:45 PM.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Hmm, I don't find it offensive, they are showcasing all the parks, which I believe is their intention anyway.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    The AD was intended for a worldwide audience. The idea is that "Disney Parks" is one place in the consumer's mind. It's not made for WDW or DL per-say. It was made for Disney Parks, and the idea was that the AD could be cut into a 30 second spot for targeted markets. If you're going to cut the AD to show in a local market, it only makes sense to cut the part of Disney Parks that obviously doesn't exist in your area.
    Bill, you know I respect your imput very much.. but I don't buy that. the ad does not state "Disney parks" like the much criticized merchandise sold a couple of years ago.. It clearly states WDW on it. the DL version makes a whole lot more sense now that I have seen it.
    The point remains.,. using this ad for WDW is MISLEADING! there is no IASW holiday at the MK. Dumb people may buy it, but i don't.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Did you watch the AD? It says DisneyParks.com at the end... And the WDW version does not have Small World Holiday in it.
    -Bill

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast