Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Christmas; Dancing Lights and Lots of Photos!

My family decided to skip the traditional Thanksgiving meal and headed out to WDW for the weekend instead.

Should you wish to see all the photos I took this weekend, please visit HERE.

Otherwise, join my crazy family on a funfilled weekend in the World.

After checking into the hotel, we headed over to Hollywood Studios at the request of my daughter.

If you need to get into the Christmas spirit, WDW is definitely the place.

One thing we really enjoy doing is just walking around and taking in the sights, from the buildings to the shops we tend to be a "where the road leads" kind of family.

We headed over to get FP's for RnRc first as C wanted to try it out this trip.

Even the shops had some holiday flare to them.

Peace..

You never really appreciate how much detail goes into this park, this particular view was the front of a counter.

Planet Hollywood anyone?

My favorite store in any of the parks.
    Villains in Vogue

I got it!

This store was lined with scenes from the new Princess and the Frog movie, it was really cute!

Great Movie Ride Time!

Me Jane!

I still have yet to see this attraction. LOL Maybe next time?

They had this cool cutout for the new Christmas Carol movie.

As well as a life size Christmas card. Bah Humbug!

As it was Thanksgiving, it's only fitting that we feast on what else? A Turkey Leg!

After grabbing the tasty treat we decided to head back to the hotel. At this point my mother/daughter decided to go swimming in the heated pool and I headed out to the MK to close the park. As they were open until midnight I had about 5 hours left to enjoy the park.

Honestly, the crowds weren't that bad, for being Thanksgiving I've seen it MUCH MUCH worse. I'd say it was a 7 or 8 out of 10, there was space to walk if that's any indication for you.

First order of business was a ride on the People Mover as I haven't been able to ride it since the refurb. I don't hate it, I miss the old narrator though, but change isn't always bad either.

One thing I am not happy about is the big wall that blocks you from seeing the track in Space Mountain, I think it completely kills the atmosphere BUT I think it's just a construction wall (I hope) because it was only half covered. I'm hoping in the future once they finish we will be able to see the track again.

So after doing a drive through it was time to suck up the 90 minute wait time and check out the refurb.

Hallway leading in is pretty much the same.

Until you get to the new games of course. Of which I enjoyed greatly! You play 3 different games, spaced out time wise to ensure that the line keeps moving and only keeps you in place long enough to kill the time needed to move forward. It's a win for me, I liked the games and thought they were a lot of fun!

I discovered that my camera can take photos in the dark! How awesome is that?!

Needless to say the nighttime video isn't that good though. LOL

I am curious why there are 3 CM's working the station. I get the first one for loading and the last one for lap bar check but what's the 2nd guy for? I was watching and he stood there for the most part. What? I had time to kill waiting in line, these are the things I notice, I know, I should bring books. LOL

Ok, now my thoughts on the changes. Not noticable, the track is exactly the same, however, the rattling your bones is gone and I'm grateful. I definitely give them an A+ in that department but other than that its pretty much the same ride. Oh and they now load differently using the long hallways in the back, the configuration was really weird but it worked.

I then grabbed a hot tea (it was in the lower 50's that night) and found a comfy bench and looked at the castle for a while.

I also started playing with my camera, because I just don't get the night time shot stuff, so I played a little bit with the settings.

With warm tea in hand I found a nice niche near the castle and snapped some photos.

I them meandered over to Adventureland with the intention of riding Pirates. Unfortunately I arrived just in time for it to break down, so I hung out for a while and discovered this unused plaza area which quickly became my new favorite place to hide. LOL

To help with crowd control they had the walkway leading under the entrance to the riverboat open. Nice change of pace!

Hit the Haunted Mansion next, we stopped right at the long hallway, I started taking the photo with a longer exposure and we started moving and I got this.

I like it, it's weird, not a great photo but still neat to look at.

Then I naturally progressed into Fantasyland. They had these trees in the stroller parking.

See, Thanksgiving Day crowds, really not bad at all. Only the highly popular rides had the longest waits, I walked onto HM, IASW, SWSA, People Mover, CoP and Winnie the Pooh. (The last one was right after the fireworks, in its defense. LOL)

Psycho Hippo!

It was pure luck and timing that the fireworks started after I exited Snow White, so I camped next to a construction wall and started snapping some pics.

As I had a FP for Buzz I headed back to TL. I had no idea that they turned TL into party central. It was funny to see a huge mass of people with Stitch, Pluto and Goofy do the Electric Slide. LOL

I sought some sanctuary in CoP, not that I minded the music, I was grooving but that's for another TR.

Every time I ride this attraction one or all of the dogs look like dad's been sneaking him beers. LOL

I love this bullitan board, I finally get the "Marty called, wants changes!" message.

I had enough for the night and decided to head out, on Main Street they had the windows dressed up with scenes from Mickey's Christmas Carol, which I love! I couldn't resist the pics.

Plum pudding!

Donald's head was shaking up and down from fear, it was disgustingly cute!

As a result of my dawlding I got stuck in the path of the Spectromagic parade. I was happy to discover they have toned down the make up of the Spectromen, they don't creep me out anymore. Thank you for listening Disney. LOL

I fell into the hotel bed around 1 a.m. a VERY happy lady.

Stay tuned for day two, Animal Kingdom adventures and the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights! Lights! Lights!...

Last edited by SummerInFL; 11-30-2009 at 06:11 AM.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: Christmas; Dancing Lights and Lots of Photos!

Day 2

With the late night we all had we slept in and didn't leave the hotel until 10 am. No worries, Animal Kingdom was close, let's go there!

Frog but!

Random, I know, but hey, that's who I am.

Saw these adorable flamingos dressed up for the season in a window.

So we grabbed a late brunch behind the tree. The seating area on the backside has really great views and it's semi out of the way.

Grabbed the bird show right after, LOVE this show, its a favorite of my family, we try and catch it every visit.

It's a funny show with a great message, if you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it.

There's this little shop by Yak and Yeti that I completely adore, it has the neatest trinkets, tea supplies and funny hats.

Money shot!

Mush!

Time to visit the animal trails where the trees warrant just as much attention as the animals!

Wazzzzzzzzzzp...

Churro?

I always found it odd that this fountain was outside the bathrooms, maybe it's just me.

Yes, because we all need to keep out the cows and chickens.

And people complain there's no WiFi. Pfft.

Huh, I just realized that all we did was walk around the park and leave. We didn't go on one attraction and still had a great time. Hah! Just goes to show not all park goer's needs to ride attractions to have fun.

They had this great standee in Dinoland where people were waiting in line for what I assume is a character, who was no where to be found at the moment.

I'm sorry I have no segway for the next photo, we go from pretty backdrop to hog, its a trip report people, I am not J.K. Rowling. So here you go...

I would not want to see this guy in the forest, unless I had a knife and hadn't eaten in days, then I say bring the bacon.

Follow me..we go from pretty photo to hog to food suggestion, I think you get me now.

It was at this point that C asked for some ice cream, I suggested that we drive over to Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club and that's exactly what we did.

Bye Bye Animal Kingdom!

When we arrived we discovered they had this awesome chocolate carousel in the lobby!

And this yummy looking house for Chip and Dale.

We grabbed our ice cream and sought refuge in the Solarium. It was so relaxing Grandma decided to head back to the room for the day.

Some random pictures of the Beach Club and Yacht Club.

Ice Cream!

The Yacht Club also had a cute display in their lobby as well.

Mmmm, Chocolate! (Am I the only one the hears Sloth from Goonies every time you say that word?)

See this girl? I wouldn't let her drive anything, very dangerous.

Coming Through!

Grandma was very tired at this point so we dropped her off at the hotel and headed to DHS to check out some twinkling lights!

It's like the glass is half, half full!

People!

This park is so pretty at night, I sometimes forget how each park transforms into something totally different at night.

We rode the GMR not once, but twice during our stay. Oh the humanity!!! I kid, I don't mind it and C requested a return to it.

I never noticed this sign before, it's in the Casablanca section.
    Yeah....

The money you could be saving with Geico...

I didn't realize that my daughter either hasn't been on Star Tours or its been so long that she doesn't remember it. (and neither do I for that matter) So we went there next.

*giggles* No words needed for this picture.

Do, do do do DODO do DODO...
    Yea, that's all I got.

Time for pretty lights!

Gene Simmons has nothing on this guy.

I'm such a devoted photographer, I have three photos of the same bear. Can you tell the difference?

Yeah, neither could I.

Seems Lady Ga Ga has taken residence here.

No honey, you can't play lightsaber's with the caroler's, they break.

Another ride on Star Tours (which has now been added to the must ride list) and we ended the evening on TSMM. (Did I confuse you? teehee)

I do have 1 complaint. While waiting in line for TSMM I look over and see this beauty below. One has to ask oneself what would A. Prompt someone to leave it there. B. Think it was okay to open it in line in the first place? and C. To let it spill all over the queue line like that? Do you have no shame guest? I mean really, that's flipping gross, have some manners!

I told you, waiting in line you notice things, I was bored and had a camera, send me to jail.

Oh look at that!

We exited to a very empty park and walked towards the front.

There was this cool looking projection near the hat.

I had a GREAT weekend with my family, rediscovering the parks. I haven't been in a while and it was exactly what I needed. We all complain but its all about our love for the parks and that is universal, no matter what side of the argument you might find yourself on.

Happy Holidays!

The End

• Banned User

Lovely lovely pictures Summer.

Great pics! Looks like I don't need to post mine when I get home lol. Seems like we have all the same pictures, maybe we were following each other.

• Don't mess with the duck!

Rockin' report!

• Pongo is my hero.

I LOVE this trip report

Great, great pics!

you got me all excited for my next trip

one hundred and one

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

5 days!! This got me even more excited!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    Great pics! Looks like I don't need to post mine when I get home lol. Seems like we have all the same pictures, maybe we were following each other.
    No! Please post your TR, I love reading any and all TR's for WDW. So what if we have the same pictures, we went to the same place.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Beautiful pictures Summer.

It's so nice when MiceChatters take the time to share their photographs with all of us who don't get to the parks that often. Trip reports are one of the best things about MiceChat.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Summer! You are the master of the WDW trip reports! Thank you for sharing.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    I agree with Summer! Please! Post your pics and trip report! WDW needs all the help it can get!

• Cars Land Rocks!

Great pictures, I especially love the pictures of the Osborne lights ... I've never been at WDW around Christmas.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by OC2Epcot View Post
    Great pictures, I especially love the pictures of the Osborne lights ... I've never been at WDW around Christmas.
    oh you should go during the holidays. Very pretty. Just about the only time I think it's worth visiting WDW.

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Extraordinary photos, Summer - as always! So sad we're not going to be able to be there for the holiday season this year.

Thanks!
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    No! Please post your TR, I love reading any and all TR's for WDW. So what if we have the same pictures, we went to the same place.
    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I agree with Summer! Please! Post your pics and trip report! WDW needs all the help it can get!

LOL i joking about probably not doing a TR, I still have one more day here in Florida before going back home Tuesday, and I will be spending it at MK and Epcot today. I should get around to posting a report by the end of the week, I have tons of photos to sort through since Nov 15. (MC's WDW forum sure could use all the help it can it get it going again)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast