What would you do with the Barnstormer?

With the upcoming fantasty land expansion, and the saving of barnstormer mentioned but not elaborated on then where and how should it go?

Mine: Rethemed for Fro-Zone and placed in Tommorrow Land, in the area to the right of space mountain, eliminate the bathrooms(or retheme) and add an Incredibles meet and greet.

Or inside of Autopia with a Frozen Bridge over the raceway and retheme that back walkway for the Incredibles with Midway Style Attractions.

For those who think it cheapens the MK, think how many times you have used either of those areas, this would lighten the guest load for other rides and attractions.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: What would you do with the Barnstormer?

That ride so tame it really should only be in Fantasyland or Toontown. Now matter how it's themed it way too short of a ride to make sense in any other land other than being a quick, kiddie ride.

• Banned User

ummm... Casey Jr. anyone?

Add on-board audio?

• Life Long Disney Fan

They might be able to work it into going over the Speedway, but I doubt it will happen that way. They'll probably just tack it onto the side of FL, so it looks like an afterthought.

Blog Entries

Isn't it going to be in the area right where the new Dumbo is going to be? If so, that area will have a very different theming than the rest of Fantasyland. Our Fantasyland will actually have three distinctive themes. Medieval fair, fantasy forest, and the circus theme.

So my guess is that it will take on some sort of circus theme, although I can't really imagine what it might be to be honest. I've always thought the barnstormer was really great as an introduction to roller coasters to kids, especially the part where it crashes through the barn. I'm not really certain what theme it could take on that is still whimsical, and circus themed.

I definitely am glad to hear it is staying though. I can't wait till my son is old enough to ride it for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey Jr View Post
    ummm... Casey Jr. anyone?
    Casey Jr.'s Wild Ride?
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Banned User

well that's what it shows on the concept art (I believe)
    plus it's right next to the new Dumbo circus area and would fit well. I don't see why not, I mean Barnstormer isn't that much more thrilling than the Paris Casey Jr. :P

• Mostly Harmless.

Even though it is rather mild, the Barnstormer is one of my favorite coasters of all time. There are a couple possible answers as to why.

1. The chickens that follow the coaster when it goes around the corner are funny.
    2. My kids really dig it.

As far as I know it is pretty much the same as Gadgets Go Coaster at DL and I enjoy the Barnstormer more, so there is definitely an element somewhere in the theme. Hopefully with a re-theme that won't be lost.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Pongo is my hero.

I think they might possibly get away with not rethemeing it and leaving Goofy as the theme!

Since when do dogs talk? Pretty fantasy to me

one hundred and one

• Future Animator

Casey Jr. would work for me.

I also heard talk of setting the coaster in Tulgey Wood from Alice in Wonderland. Black-Light the whole thing. And theme the coaster to Cheshire Cat.

Since the lack of "Alice" in the park, this would be go over great, I'm sure.

YouTube Channel:
    DisneyParkVideos

...for any Disney Theme Park Specials, Behind the Scenes, Making Of's, Celebrations, etc.

• Life Long Disney Fan

Quote Originally Posted by jcman3777 View Post
    Since the lack of "Alice" in the park, this would be go over great, I'm sure.
    Actually, the Mad Hatter's Tea Party is an "Alice" themed ride, and there is even a topiary of her in front of the ride. However, her presence in the park is minimal.

Personally I'd love to see the Casey Jnr / Storybook land rides from DLP put into Magic Kingdom. They are some nice fun family friendly rides, a theme which has been missing in recent WDW offerings.

I'd move the current barnstormer to DHS and place it in a new toon studios area similar to the one at WDSP but with better theming and more emphasis on the fab five.

Also love the Alice theme but my ride choice for Alice would be a 'Hunny Hunt' type trackless dark ride which I think would work greak with Alice in Wonderland whimsey and visuals (a sort of update of the ride in Disneyland)

• Pongo is my hero.

Personally I'd love to see the Casey Jnr / Storybook land rides from DLP put into Magic Kingdom. They are some nice fun family friendly rides, a theme which has been missing in recent WDW offerings.
    TSMM/MILF/SGE/FN:TM aren't family friendly?

Also love the Alice theme but my ride choice for Alice would be a 'Hunny Hunt' type trackless dark ride which I think would work greak with Alice in Wonderland whimsey and visuals (a sort of update of the ride in Disneyland)
    Been there, suggested that :P

one hundred and one