• Banned User

What is the best WDW Pool?

We are planning a trip to Disney but we are going to spend most of the time at the WDW resort and letting our kids do the things we never get to like movies on the beach. We have only stayed at BCV. I know many poeple say they have the best pool but what are some of the other pools like. Our children will be 9 and 7 and they love the water. We would like to stay at another WDW but before booking I would like feedback for which ones have the best pools for kids and the best kids activities. Thanks

Regards,

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Re: What is the best WDW Pool?

Quite a few pools have slides. I think the Caribbean Beach resort does. I've been researching it for our next trip.

My daughter loves the pool at Pop. It has giant daisies that spit water at you. She gets a big kick out of that.

And we noticed that the Movie resort shows a movie poolside once a week. It looked very cute. Being able to swim and watch a movie at the same time. We didn't get to check it out.....since we were busy checking in. LOL

I really like the pool at Wilderness Lodge, it is also my favorite resort overall.

Not sure what "BCV" is, but the Beach Club/Yacht Club by Epcot have the best pool by far, with the whirlpool, the slide, the beach, the sinking sand, the river. It's the only the one that has all that stuff. The other resorts have slides (except the values, I'm pretty sure they do not have slides).

If you stayed at Beach Club before and want something different, I agree with above poster and highly HIGHLY recommend the Wilderness Lodge. It is BEAUTIFUL, nothing else compares...

Have a great trip!

• All-American

The Beach Club's pool is most likely the best on property, but I can understand if you're looking to do something different. Other good pools include the one at Wilderness Lodge - the theming is beautiful, very rustic and natural-feeling, with a stream that starts in the lobby, passes down through the grounds of the hotel, and ends with a waterfall into the pool. The location is also magnificent, positioned between the lobby building of the lodge, the geyser, and Bay Lake.

If you're looking for something more moderately priced, the pool at Coronado Springs has a cool tropical feel, and is at the foot of an amazing Mayan-styled temple with a water slide leading from it.

• Pongo is my hero.

Typhoon Lagoon wave pool!

one hundred and one

by the way, the wilderness would also have great access to the "movies on the beach" just a boat ride away at the campgrounds. it's also fun to take the boat to magic kingdom, and the geyser is pretty cool too.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

The Contemporary also has a fun pool, but I agree the Wilderness Lodge pool is wonderful as well, and much more serene.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

What? No love for Coronado Springs...

I seem to recall this pool being selected as the best resort pool in the in-room Disney magazine they used to have in the resorts.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Ugh. I REALLY wish we had stayed there instead of the Movies resort.

~bashing head against wall~

Quote Originally Posted by BSpaugh View Post
    What? No love for Coronado Springs...

I seem to recall this pool being selected as the best resort pool in the in-room Disney magazine they used to have in the resorts.
    Yeah it's nice, so is Caribbean Beach, but the entire "experience" of staying at Wilderness, including their pool, is stellar, in my humble opinion...

By the way, when are you planning your trip? Because if you're coming during winter months, you may or may not get "pool-friendly" weather.
    Last edited by lily23; 12-10-2009 at 05:22 PM.