Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Cool Project Omega:Hollywood Studios Refurbishment

concept for phase one of "project omega" at DHS. based on the Project Gemini for Epcot, this is a a new concept for a park-wide refurb of Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Disney's Hollywood Studios is currently a mess. It needs to find a new identity and become re-orginized.

Project Draft Outline:
    phase 1:

CLICK(word file) trust me, it's worth it.

phase 2:
    in the works
    Last edited by Casey Jr; 12-10-2009 at 08:11 PM.

Re: Project Omega:Hollywood Studios Refurbishment

I can't see the picture!

• ...is busy, please hold.

Yes, try opening the file on a different feed.
    Like maybe Adobre Reader...
    Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
    Think of it as a third arm that magically
    shoots bullets!

• Banned User

ok...

Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
    Project Omega
    Project Omega, phase 1 of DHS refurbishment, will drastically change the “Front Lot” of the Studios, including the re-theming of several lands, several new rides, along with a new land.

Refurbished Lands/Areas:

-Hollywood Blvd.—featuring the NEW great movie ride, red car/trolley car, brown derby (rest.)

-Deco Ave.— branches into Sci-Fi City

-Sci-Fi St.—unofficial street included in Sci-Fi City, runs parallel with Deco Ave. includes Sci-Fi Dine-In (rest.).

-Sci-Fi City—includes Sci-Fi St. includes new, updated star tours along with new façade in theme. More expansion left for phase 2

-50’s Street—runs parallel with Deco Street. Roger Rabbit® Cartoon Spin is included in both this area, along with Toon Studios.

-Toon Studios—includes Roger Rabbit® Cartoon Spin (officially) along with the Animation Academy. Expansion left for phase 2 will include more non-Pixar® based attractions.

-Sun Set Blvd.—includes Twilight Zone Tower of Terror® and Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster® starring Aero Smith. New Stage Show themed to “the glitz and glamour of Hollywood” to take place.

-Pixar Studios®--new Pixar® Animation themed land including the Monster’s Inc: Ride and go Scream roller coaster and Toy Story: Midway Mania. Several new expansion pads available for phase 2.

• Pongo is my hero.

A few comments

- The Chinese Theater facade removal would be disastrous! The Carthay Theater is already represented in DHS in Sunset Blvd and the Chinese Theater is original DHS (MGM!)

- Anything Animation belongs in the DAS Animation Courtyard

- Isn't where RRCTS is located already a restaurant?

- Love the Red Trolley Cars and the hat removal part (obviously )

one hundred and one

• Banned User

1) yes, but in my opinion the Chinese Theatre is not very original, what hollywood studios needs is a "weenie" that represents Disney. The Carthay Theatre I feel has much more to do with Disney in general. It would have some nice 3d city backdrops (real buildings, not cut-outs) behind it to hide the tall show building. For some reason I personally never liked the Chinese Theatre, it never said Disney to me. And I forgot to mention that the current carthay theatre would be removed, it's not even really the whole theatre, just like half of it!

-The Animation Courtyard would be removed/ gobbled up by the new pixar studios. The New Animation Studios will be located in the Indiana Jones Stunt Show area where it will have more room to expand.

-Yes, but They have a TON of restaraunts as it is, surely they can get rid of one, plus they have another restaurant right next to it. If it's that big of a problem, it can be moved over so that it is more in Animation Studios instead

-Thanks!

• Minion

No no no! DCA is getting the Carthey Crcle theater! No copies!

Red Car route copying DCA. Seems like your just copying Buena Vista street at DCA!

Roger Rabit should stay unique to Dsneyland! Not very origanol ideas.

But I like your down with the hat idea!
    Last edited by Dlandclub33; 12-14-2009 at 03:01 PM. Reason: hehehe DVCA

• Exec Asst to Captain E.O.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlandclub33 View Post
    No no no! DCVA is getting the Carthey Crcle theater! No copies!
    What is DCVA? And it already is a copy ... of both the original and the representation that already exists in DHS to begin with.

Red Car route copying DCA. Seems like your just copying Buena Vista street at DCA!
    This wouldn't be too terrible, but I see your point in the copying.

Roger Rabit should stay unique to Dsneyland! Not very origanol ideas.
    RRCTS is already copied in Toontown @ Tokyo Disneyland. What are some positive ideas you can suggest?

• Banned User

yeah... I mean nothing is really purely copying.
    and hollywood studios already has a part copy of the Carthey theatre.
    The red car idea is like LA in the early 20's, they are also featured in who framed roger rabbit. Besides, if the new California Adventure expansion can copy the ENTRANCE from hollywood studios, surely DHS can borrow a few ideas.

• Minion

I agree that there is a need to update DHS however I also agree it can not just be copies of things already done! I think a pixar area would be amazing you could do some amazing rides out of up and the incredibles. Also seeing that I have a little princess I would like to see some more rides based on the princess stories. I think they need to stay way from just following the story type dark rides though! The hat definately needs to be replaced with a major focus point that is as grand as the castles in the magic kingdom parks! not sure what that should be at this point!

Quote Originally Posted by Casey Jr View Post
    1) yes, but in my opinion the Chinese Theatre is not very original,
    Ironic, since none of the "ideas" you've presented are any more original.

yeah... I mean nothing is really purely copying.
    and hollywood studios already has a part copy of the Carthey theatre.
    The red car idea is like LA in the early 20's, they are also featured in who framed roger rabbit. Besides, if the new California Adventure expansion can copy the ENTRANCE from hollywood studios, surely DHS can borrow a few ideas.

Why would you copy what will be a major icon at the end of the main street of another park.

I think the copying of the castle form Disneyland and Hong kong was already a mistake i don't think that they should do the same with the secondary parks.

I personally think that each and every Disney park should at least have its own identity when it comes to the main entrance street.

I like the sci fi idea in your concept but i think the switching of the animation area from one side of the park to the other is unneeded expense. The park has plenty of room to expand and Pixar place could easily expand towards what used to be the backlot. The animation area could then expand properly and include only WDA movies with a transition into Pixar place.

Incredibles would be the perfect pixar attraction that could be used as a transistional point from Pixar Place to Sci fi city and then Sci fi city would transition into a new land dedicated to movies based on adventure where the Indy show is

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by agent 86 View Post
    Ironic, since none of the "ideas" you've presented are any more original.
    by original, I mean orignal to Disney.
    I mean, what significance does the Chinese Theatre have in Disney history. Besides, due to legal rights (apperently) the Chinese Theatre can't be the icon anyways.
    My plan is more of a reorginization of the park.

For the toon studios area, its not like I am moving it to the other side of the park. The new toon studios will include totally new lands and I new immersive environment. You will enter it under the moved hat and be immersed of a land where animations are animated and come out of the big screen into the real world.

• Minion

Casey, I like your line of thinking, and have expressed similar opinions in the past. Here are my ideas...which are based primarily on how the park was originally intended to be. The fundamental idea here is to give Hollywood Blvd / Sunset Blvd a consistent 1930s / 1940s theme.

1. Get rid of the Hat (agree with you on this).

2. Replace the Chinese Theater facade with Carthay Circle (agree with you on this too). Replace the current Carthay Circle on Sunset with Chapman Market (pic below), which has been used as inspiration at both DCA and WDS-P:

3. Red Trolley line as originally intended (agreed on this as well).

4. Complete Sunset Blvd! Many of the buildings originally intended to line Sunset Blvd were not built...instead we got the flimsy structures of Sunset Ranch...which are not bad, but certainly not as good.

5. I also want Roger back, but I want him where he was originally intended to be (where Rock N Roller Coaster is today). While RNRC is very popular, I think this minimally themed coaster does not represent 1930s / 1940s Hollywood and disrupts the ambience of the land. Maroon Studios was supposed to have been built on the spot, with three Roger Rabbit attactions, including a simulator ride. If Disney cannot get the rights to build Roger Rabbit here, then I would prefer they build a Mickey's Toontown that would serve as the kiddie area for the park (now even more practical since Toontown Fair is largely going to disappear from the MK).

6. I like keeping the Indy Stunt Show...it captures the 1930s mood well. In the 1990s, Disney planned to add an Indy ride by expanding into the parking lot behind the Stunt Show. I support adding an Indy ride...but not the EMV ride. I prefer a coaster...the one originally designed for DLP (not the dumbed down version that got built). Why a coaster and not an EMV ride like DL? For one, this would compensate for removing RNRC, as per #5 above. Second, because...

7. I would love to see a Gangerster Shootout / Crimestoppers EMV ride built, with or without Dick Tracy. Where would it go? If I had my way, it would be built where Star Tours is today. Why there? When Disney-MGM Studios Europe (the precursor of Walt Disney Studios Paris) was being designed, the ride was designed to be built alongside the Backlot Express restaurant. That restaurant ties into the theming of Gangster Shoutout. Star Tours, on the other hand, does not belong in 1930s / 1940s Hollywood. I would rebuild it at Tomorrowland in the MK.

8. Now that Disney owns the rights to the Muppets, complete the construction of Muppet Studios where the Streets of America facades are today, and add the Great Muppet Movie Ride.

9. Instead of Beauty and the Beast, Golden Mickeys from HKDL. This show is a spoof of the Oscars and would again fit with the Hollywood theme.

I think I'll stop there... I know from the past that many won't agree with me but this remains my dream version of DHS.
    Down with the Hat

For the toon studios area, its not like I am moving it to the other side of the park. The new toon studios will include totally new lands and I new immersive environment. You will enter it under the moved hat and be immersed of a land where animations are animated and come out of the big screen into the real world.
    wouldn't it make for a better transition if it was next to the pixar studios instead of cramped between hollywood and sci fi city though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast