Thread: WDW Nov '09

WDW Nov '09

Since it is already overdue, I'll keep words to a minimum and just stick to the everyone favorite the pictures, Enjoy!

Day 1: We had a fantastic visit to WDW following our cruise, (hope to get a cruise TR up soon too) here some pics starting with Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party on Nov 19.

The new show in Tomorrowland, honestly nothing to write home about here. I was holding opinion of the new stage till seeing it and it did not impress.

Very soon after the fireworks began it was clear there was a problem, the skies were clear but not even the slightest breeze to clear the smoke. The smoke just lingered around the castle and at times made the fireworks completely hidden. Here is the best of what came out.

Got our favorite spot and waited for the second showing of the parade.

More to come...
    Last edited by Disney Magic; 12-24-2009 at 06:15 AM. Reason: spelling correction

Re: WDW Nov '09

Day 2: Disney's Hollywood Studios Nov 21

Our judges, not sure what was going on the the makeup on the left one..yikes!

It was nice to do the Studio Tour again though it is a shadow of it former self. I've skipped it the past few trips.

Dinner at the Brown Derby, was fantastic first time eating here too. Unfortuantly our waitress was probably one of the worst we have ever had anywhere.

Osbourne Lights never disappoint!

I like Coca Cola memorabilia especially the vintage looking stuff, and luckily DHS seems to have more than any of the other parks

stay tuned for more....
    Last edited by Disney Magic; 12-22-2009 at 08:35 PM.

• World Traveler

Thanks for the wonderful photos. Any chance we can get one of you in there?

Thanks Mike!

I was thinking about adding at least one pic with me in it... maybe .

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Great TR! Thanks for sharing.

Day 3: Disney's Animal Kingdom Nov 23.

Tried making it over to Festival ofthe Lion King but missed the last showing of the day. But we heard music coming from an area in Camp Mickey Minnie that I didn't even know existed. They said they only open that staging area during busy times, there were some characters entertaining families with music blasting. It was cute but not for me, but I was excited to see Thumper for the first time ever.

Day 3 at Epcot coming soon...

Love to stop and watch the candy maker in Japan.

Disney Magic on the left, my better half is on the right

Nov 28: No parks this day just hotel hopping.

This reminds me, I need to get some pictures and video of my own village this year!

Next stop was a ride on the Characters in Flight balloon at Downtown Disney. This was a big highlight of this trip, loved it, wish we got to stay up there a little longer. Little bummed out that it was too dark to get any good pictures, but the views were stunning! Sorry this is the best I could do at night, I wanted to re ride in the day time but scheduling didn't work out. If you do this hold onto your reciept they will give you a discount for your second flight. First flight is $16 and lasts about 15 minutes.

We were in Orlando from the 19-dec 1 but only spend 4 days at the Disney's parks.

Day 4: at the parks Nov 30 started off at MK and ended at Epcot

Hub was closed off as they were preparing a new stage for the parade taping the up coming weekend.

Fantastic dinner at Bistro de Paris, service and food were outstanding, loved the tableside service for the crepe suzette dessert! Followed by the spectacular Candlelight Processional which was a first for us. Note Bistro de Paris, which is upstairs from Chefs de France, is not available with priority seating package for the Candlelight, we had to wait in the standby line for the show.

Took a day trip to Universal and only have two pictures to share so no need for a separate TR.

Found these two guys outside of the Mummy ride waiting for me
    Thought some of you all would appreciate these also.

• Your son Chico?!

How cute is that Thumper?! *luvzthumper*

Great report! Thanks for sharing!

• World Traveler

Great more pics!!!