Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• "The Musical Quil"

Angry Cinderellabration stage

I originally saw the show in 2006 when it premiered. Wasn't terribly impressed but I appreciated the change, however I'm ready to have the Castle back to normal.

PLEASE TAKE THE STAGE DOWN. It's such an eyesore.
    DJ JARVICIOUS
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Electro | Hip-Hop | Top 40 | Funky
    www.Facebook.com/DJJarvicious
    www.SoundCloud.com/DJJarvicious
    Instagram / Twitter: @DJJARVICIOUS

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Re: Cinderellabration stage

I don't think that is finalchily possable for the time being (because, WDW needs to use it that for other uses.) Though, I do agree, that the stage needs to go back to what it was before.

Timekeeper

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

There has always been a plain stage in front of MK's castle, but yeah the newer set pieces need to go.

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    There has always been a plain stage in front of MK's castle, but yeah the newer set pieces need to go.

Not always... I remember being able to walk through the front of the castle to the back of the castle to Fantasyland instead of having to cut through other area's

Hmm... The stage has always been there even before Cinderellabration. And the show premaired in 2005 during the happiest celebration on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Parisi View Post
    Not always... I remember being able to walk through the front of the castle to the back of the castle to Fantasyland instead of having to cut through other area's
    You still can get though the castle. If the show is not going on they let you though the castle.
    Last edited by DHSfan; 12-23-2009 at 01:30 PM.

• TDR... It gets the love!!

Well, I was in the Magic Kingdom two days ago and was having this very discussion. In 2007 they allowed access through the castle when the show wasn't performing. However, this time the castle was blocked off for the whole two weeks we were at Disney World. The stage needs to come down if Disney is going to block off the castle for long periods of time!
    Yes. We all know that I am psychic. Don't believe me? Well... I'm sensing that you like Disney. I see that look of bewilderment, hmmm?

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

Quote Originally Posted by DHSfan View Post
    You still can get though the castle. If the show is not going on they let you though the castle.
    Well that little nugget of information would have been helpful LAST WEEK!!

• "The Musical Quil"

I obviously has it's uses now. (lighting the castle etc) however I'd love to see it slated to be removed soon.... errr... minimized.
    DJ JARVICIOUS
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Electro | Hip-Hop | Top 40 | Funky
    www.Facebook.com/DJJarvicious
    www.SoundCloud.com/DJJarvicious
    Instagram / Twitter: @DJJARVICIOUS

• Banned User

Tokyo Disneyland only uses the show for special events like during the summer for the Summer-exclusive shows, and other special events such as the upcoming Power of Music. But their is no permanent show so if their is no use for the stage at the time, the stage is gone. Oh the magic of the OLC....

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Ok I just looked at a photo from opening day 1971 and there wasn't a stage there, but the ramps leading up to the castle on the front have always been there.

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/53368440.jpg

So obviously the stage was built after 1971, but until Cinderellabration, it was just a plain stage with no frills.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3255/...b3f9703e_b.jpg

• Characters are my friends

Quote Originally Posted by Exomonia View Post
    Well, I was in the Magic Kingdom two days ago and was having this very discussion. In 2007 they allowed access through the castle when the show wasn't performing. However, this time the castle was blocked off for the whole two weeks we were at Disney World. The stage needs to come down if Disney is going to block off the castle for long periods of time!
    It's because of the Christmas show (Celebrate the Season). There are a lot of pieces that can't be moved around that are kept in the breezeway, which is why they keep it closed all day. They should go back to opening the breezeway around shows early Jan.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL DreamJan 20-24, 2014: DCL MagicFeb 17/18, 2015 AS Music

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime

• TDR... It gets the love!!

Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    It's because of the Christmas show (Celebrate the Season). There are a lot of pieces that can't be moved around that are kept in the breezeway, which is why they keep it closed all day. They should go back to opening the breezeway around shows early Jan.
    Thanks, thats good to know. Haven't seen either show actually, so I can't comment on the actual show.
    Yes. We all know that I am psychic. Don't believe me? Well... I'm sensing that you like Disney. I see that look of bewilderment, hmmm?

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by DHSfan View Post
    If the show is not going on they let you though the castle.
    Yup...you've got like an hour long window each 15 hour operating day.

I agree with what others have said, I liked it when it seemed like the stage was used for shows you simply stumbled upon instead of being for SHOW SHOW SHOW SHOW SHOW!

But at the same time...I don't know if it would be right if there was not some kind of show there at least once a day.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

The photo below clearly shows no stage in front of the castle. To be honest, the stage itself doesn't really take away much. It's those stupid pedestals they built for Cinderellabration that take away from the magic. I'd like to see those go, as well as some more permanent walls on the interior right side of the castle to make the storage area look less apparent.

This Image is Public Domain, as it has been released by the company for publicity purposes, opening day, 1971. (As seen on the cover of LIFE) Being as so, I request no moderator remove the photo from this post.
    -Bill

Compared to Opening day, the stage doesn't take away much. You still had to go up stairs on the sides to get through it. I say keep it. It's a good use of rather dead area.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast