Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Thumbs up DIsneyland VS. WDW FANTASMIC FINALE W/ New Dragon in HD SIDE-BY-SIDE VIDEO

Hey Guys, I also decided to post on this forum because it also belongs in this WDW forum too.

Yes, yes. I know Fantasmic has been out a long time ago. I even posted Murphy the new dragon in HD a while back when it first appeared.

I decided to put the video side-by-side with everything in-sync with the music.

This video has side-by-side Fantasmic FINALE w/ the new dragon in it in HD.

One of the video on youtube showing the comparison also, is outdated, and not in HD. That is why, I decided to post my own video that I recorded both at Disneyland and Disney's Hollywood Studios in WDW.

Here's my video in HD: Watch in bigger screen for better view just double-click on it to go onto Youtube.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x3PIT6nH74"]YouTube- Disneyland vs. Walt Disney World Fantasmic Finale comparison in HD 2009[/ame]

Heads up: WDW Fantasmic is a bit longer in the dragon scene, therefore, the video of Disneyland Fantasmic will pause for a min.

I like the dragon scene in WDW more better. But I hate the dragon on the stick. I like the new one here in CA.
    Last edited by SoCalbma; 01-07-2010 at 01:31 AM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Re: DIsneyland VS. WDW FANTASMIC FINALE W/ New Dragon in HD SIDE-BY-SIDE VIDEO

WDW's is too slow and lacks basically everything that Disneyland's has. Only thing it has going for it are the tall fountains. Ugh.
    -Bill

• Captain EO! :D

I've only ever seen Disneyland's version on YouTube videos, but I still prefer that to watching WDW's in person. And the new dragon looks amazing, even on video. I have a friend who lives near Disneyland, and she told me that Murphy is even more impressive in person. I am DYING to see it! Actually, I have a slight obsession with Disneyland's Fantasmic...
    ----------------------------------------

Jennifer

Actually I think the major thing that stuck out to me is how crappy the DHS boat looks compared to the Mark Twain

Minor correction to the youtube video, WDW's Fantasmic is not at the Magic Kingdom. Its at DHS.

Even prior to Disneyland's Dragon Update, I preferred Disneyland's Dragon scene to WDW's. My issue with WDW's is why does Malificent (in Dragon form) simply watch Mickey walk to center and splash the flames, then walk to one side and splash again, and then to the complete opposite side and splash once more. It just takes to long. I think like at DL, he should just grab the sword and declare "this is my dream", and with the sword command the water to rise and over take the dragon as he eventually does.

However it does not escape me that I may perfer to the "cut to the chase and defeat her already" version DL has because DL's version was the one I saw first. I do wonder, for someone who as seen WDW's first, AND then DL's second, do they fill the defeat is too fast at DL?

What cannot be argued is how superior the Mark Twain is to whatever they use as a Steamboat at WDW.

Couple of missed opportunities with WDW's boat...

A) It is not Steamboat Willie and really should have been. Steamboat Willie was side wheelers.
    B) The paddles doesn't even paddle. It should have been motor assisted so it would look like it is paddleing the boat along. and
    C) this one I just noticed while watching the video, the characters at WDW just walk around and wave. Not that the DL dance choreography on the Mark Twain is spectacular, but when viewed side by side in this you tube video, its definately another little plus that make it just a little bit better.

Thanks for your hard work on this video. I have seen both versions in person, though I have NOT seen the new dragon. I saw the Disneyland version first, years ago, then the WDW version many times since. While I still love it, the WDW version never held a candle to Disneyland's, even berfore the new dragon. The steamboat is a disappointment to me every time I see it (and the sparklers are supposed to spin and they never do anymore), it just doesn't have the same impact, and it looks so cheap and crappy. Another thing that disappoints me every time is the Pocanatas (sp?) scene instead of Peter Pan. Peter Pan sword fighting Captain Hook on that big, real ship? That's heart-stopping. The Pocahantas thing is just lame. The only thing WDW version has the advantage of, is the stadium seating. It's nice to be seated somewhat comfortably, to be able to see well, to only have to come forty five minutes early for decent seats, to be able to get up and get hot dogs and beer while you're waiting, etc. But the show is much better due to the real boats in Disneyland.

That new dragon? WOW! It looks just incredible, I would love to see it live!!!

I didn't notice that Disneyland is missing the part where Mickey waves up the water a few times before grabbing the sword, but I agree completely that it does slow down the momentum of the climax of the story.

I'd be curious what someone thinks who saw WDW version first too.

I grew up in CA, but I live in Florida now, and I am forever pining for my Disneyland and feeling that WDW doesn't measure up, but I know that that's probably because I remember Disneyland through a child's rose-colored glasses. My kids are growing up going to WDW, and when I took them to Disneyland, all they could do was point out things that WDW has that Disneyland doesn't have! (Like icecream kiosks all over the place, more fast-passes, etc)

Again, nice job on that video!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    WDW's is too slow and lacks basically everything that Disneyland's has. Only thing it has going for it are the tall fountains. Ugh.

Agree.

Pacing isn't well timed and there's too many villains who don't do anything. Sticking Jafar in the end throws everything out of balance too.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Wow. WDW's finale is utter crap compared to Disneyland's. But Disneyland had the superior version even before Murphy came along. And I've only seen videos of Disneyland's version and seen WDW's version in person a few times.

WDW's has WAY too many villains and filler fluff that are completely useless. Their version is like, "Let's see how many movies we can cram into 20 minutes!"

The boat in WDW's looks awful and even looked a bit rusty! And no choreography? Just walk around and wave? Whoever came up with that needs to be fired. NOW.

And don't get me started on the lame Pocahontas scene. It's boring, too long and really slows down the pace of the show.

I refuse to see WDW's version again until it gets a COMPLETE overhaul. They need to replace Pocahontas with something else and they need a new dragon too. And fix or replace that boat.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Wow. WDW's finale is utter crap compared to Disneyland's. But Disneyland had the superior version even before Murphy came along. And I've only seen videos of Disneyland's version and seen WDW's version in person a few times.

WDW's has WAY too many villains and filler fluff that are completely useless. Their version is like, "Let's see how many movies we can cram into 20 minutes!"

The boat in WDW's looks awful and even looked a bit rusty! And no choreography? Just walk around and wave? Whoever came up with that needs to be fired. NOW.

And don't get me started on the lame Pocahontas scene. It's boring, too long and really slows down the pace of the show.

I refuse to see WDW's version again until it gets a COMPLETE overhaul. They need to replace Pocahontas with something else and they need a new dragon too. And fix or replace that boat.

100% agree! Especially with an amphitheater setting, a scene like Pocahontas really doesn't translate well to the nosebleeders. They look so tiny.

At Disneyland, everyone is much closer to the stage and BAM.. Peter Pan fighting pirates on a pirate ship followed with an animatronic Tic Toc.

Even if you couldn't SEE either show, Disneyland's wins from a musical stand point alone. The drum cadence of Kaa and the monkeys really pumps it along while the bubbles makes me fall asleep.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Even if you couldn't SEE either show, Disneyland's wins from a musical stand point alone. The drum cadence of Kaa and the monkeys really pumps it along while the bubbles makes me fall asleep.
    Oh totally. The whole Jungle Book segment makes me want to get up and dance like no one is watching.

• Pongo is my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post

I disagree. The only thing I like about F! is the soundtrack. The Disney music mix is perfection, and the Pocahontas scene's music is one of my favorites of all time **ahem sig**. I love the build up and going back and fourth building anticipation.

But with that said, I'd still like to see that scene go. There's much more content out there to use.

Hopefully the rumored refurb will be coming in the next couple of years.

one hundred and one

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
    I disagree. The only thing I like about F! is the soundtrack. The Disney music mix is perfection, and the Pocahontas scene's music is one of my favorites of all time **ahem sig**. I love the build up and going back and fourth building anticipation.

But with that said, I'd still like to see that scene go. There's much more content out there to use.

Hopefully the rumored refurb will be coming in the next couple of years.
    I think you need to be a little more clear. Because by the way u wrote it ur agreeing with him!

• Pongo is my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlandclub33 View Post
    I think you need to be a little more clear. Because by the way u wrote it ur agreeing with him!

Well, only DHS has the Pocahontas segment... so, what do I need to clear up?

one hundred and one

• Once upon a dream

Someone who has only been to Disneyland.... WDWs looks like crap compared to ours. The boat.... so many things to say! The characters are all crammed and their projection screens arent as clear. Also they need more light on their Dragon as I could not even see it. But that is just my point of view! Someone whos mother mother grew up in LA, my mother grew up in La, and I growing up there and always seeing Fantasmic. I havent seen Muprhy yet. My past visit last month I didn't watch Fantasmic but Murphy looks great

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Dlandclub33 View Post

I know right? But I never actually agree with ImagineerScott anyway.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast