• Just this guy......

Arm chair Imagineering for Fantasyland Expansion at WDW

We have all see the pictures and the plans so far for the Fantasyland Expansion at WDW MK.

While I am very, very happy to see the MK finally getting some tender loving care and some money for improvements it does bother me that so much of the remodel seems to be a lot of princesses meet and greets.

I know that the princesses make a lot of money for Disney but at the same time the expansion seems to overlook many other demographics beyond those who are into the princesses.

I would like to give my idea for an arm chair Imagineering possibility, which would not cost all that much money I think.

I would like to take the idea and the technology behind Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure at Epcot and build it into the new area and up grade it.

I would suggest taking the phone and making look more like a book. This is a book of magic spells which allows the user to run around the new Fantasyland and help out and fix problems for the Disney Wizards, Princesses and Princes who live in the area.

In the little mermaid area you could have water spouts in the lagoon which you could trigger and many other special effects.

Doing this now before everything is build would be much cheaper and cost effective. Also having this type of quest would give the whole area double duty and would give those people who do not want to see the Princesses something else to do.

What do you think?

Link to currentKim Possible show at Epcot:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxav76hCgDU]YouTube - Japan, Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure Epcot[/ame]

• TDR... It gets the love!!

Re: Arm chair Imagineering for Fantasyland Expansion at WDW

Well, that sounds really good actually. It could be (instead of different countries) the different lands of Fantasyland. Im not sure about the book as the device, but apart from that, ure idea sounds quite impressive and not expensive.
    Yes. We all know that I am psychic. Don't believe me? Well... I'm sensing that you like Disney. I see that look of bewilderment, hmmm?

• All-American

I like this idea! Activities like this can add to the attraction and experience of the land without requiring a total construction overhaul.

Or how about... a Magic Mirror scavenger hunt - where a Magic Mirror (like the one from Beauty & the Beast) becomes a screen that shows you an image from somewhere in the land, and your job is to find it - and you get like a video reward when you reach the right spot, or something like that.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by Exomonia View Post
    Im not sure about the book as the device, but apart from that, ure idea sounds quite impressive and not expensive.
    The reason for the book was two reason, one was I didn't want a sword or something that kids could hit people with. Also I was thinking of the Nintendo DS which sort of looks like a book when turned on its side.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    a Magic Mirror scavenger hunt - where a Magic Mirror (like the one from Beauty & the Beast) becomes a screen that shows you an image from somewhere in the land, and your job is to find it - and you get like a video reward when you reach the right spot, or something like that.
    I do like your Magic Mirror idea... maybe rather than a book, the interactive device could be the magic mirror instead?

• TDR... It gets the love!!

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    I do like your Magic Mirror idea... maybe rather than a book, the interactive device could be the magic mirror instead?
    Yes, I definitely think the Magic Mirror would be a better interactive device. Don't get me wrong, I think a book would have been great too. I just think it would be more costly, because an interactive book is quite advanced technology.
    Yes. We all know that I am psychic. Don't believe me? Well... I'm sensing that you like Disney. I see that look of bewilderment, hmmm?

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    What do you think?
    I like the idea and think it could work rather well
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

How about things that are interactive without you knowing or doing anything? Does that sound creepy or cool to you?
    -Bill

• The Study of Wumbo

This is a very logical idea, but there is one thing I can think of that might be against it: maybe Fantasyland can get a little too crowded to have the people going around doing the activity? And wouldn't it spoil it a little if you get to a spot and there are already people there, watching the events unfold?

It might be good to have the same infrastructure for the little events as in World Showcase, but instead of having an organized adventure game, just let them pop up and be part of the magic.

It would be cool, using your idea, if every once in a while, they'd have little fountains in front of the LM ride pop up and dance to music. Just for people to enjoy as they walk by and to add to the land's atmosphere. That's what I'm thinking.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• I see in Muppet Vision

cool idea. but as lame as the princesses may seem. they rack in a lot of dough...

and we just have to watch the expansion unfold. it may be better than we think. they really didn't give that many details or concept art like they have with DCA...

When does the expansion start to happen...construction wise??? (I am anxiously awaiting pictures and news)