Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Animal Kingdom Nighttime Show

They should make the Tree of Life the center of a nightime show. Install a 3d dancing water show from the tree along with mist screens. Use projections to make the animals on the tree come to life. Have Rifiki cast a spell to bring them to life. Theme it so that they come to life at night when no one is around...or so they think because the crowds have become quiet and still. Just need to come up with a villian subplot.

• We'll hold them at bay

I liked the idea of a lantern light parade
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Pongo is my hero.

They should incorporate barges. I remember seeing a barge floating by in the river on an old Discovery River Boat that had musicians on it with Mickey and it was SO cool. Wish they'd do something like that.

Maybe have show stops in certain viewing area where the costumed characters could interact with the water.

Also, please no Tinker Bell Pixie Hollow in DAK... please.

one hundred and one

• I see in Muppet Vision

I think that a show incorporating the water and tree of life would be an awesome idea. And maybe having the central idea that water is the necessity for all life. and have the water screens with video and all kinds of neat effects. Have it kind of along the lines of illuminations with all the countries coming together except that it is all of life coming together.

• The Study of Wumbo

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
    Also, please no Tinker Bell Pixie Hollow in DAK... please.
    By that I was referring to the short show "Enchantment" that was included in Pixie Hollow in DL for the summer. Lights in the water, trees, and other scenery danced to music for a few minutes. I've seen it on YouTube.

So I thought something like that, but on a larger scale. It would incorporate all the nature and scenery of Discovery Island and other areas. One could watch it from many places, so no big crowd.

I see some other people were thinking similarly^.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Pongo is my hero.

Still, where would it work?

one hundred and one

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Imagineer Scott... the Enchantment show is probably the coolest thing to be built in Disneyland in the last ten years. Yes, I said it. I like the thing more than Nemo and Buzz and all that. It's simple, it's beautiful, and it comes out of nowhere. It's what MAGIC is all about. Don't knock the show!

As to where it goes... it's everywhere. Because you don't see it at all during the day, it could be installed all around the park, on many trees and really just about anywhere.
    -Bill

• Pongo is my hero.

There are thousands upon thousands upon thousands of vegeation in the park. I like the idea- but it would be a nightmare to install and not that nighttime event people would schedule to see over say IllumiNations or Fantasmic. Just my opinion.

one hundred and one

• I see in Muppet Vision

couldn't the large lagoon between the tree of life, asia, and dinoland be used to house a water and light based show similar to World of color? provided world of color is successful.....yes viewing areas would need to be constructed too but there seems to be plenty of space in that area...and disney world is known for not wasting plants. many of the plants they would have to more could probably very easily be transplanted to somewhere else in the resort..

or is there wildlife in that water? i can't remember...

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

The nice thing about all these challenges is that, if they were to actually come up with a nighttime spectacular that addressed them, it would likely be something of a very different tone than we're used to. I'd love to see an evening show featuring light and music that was more grace and elegance than wow and ka-pow (don't get me wrong, I love wow and ka-pow, but a different flavor would be nice too).

well the nice thing about animal kingdom is that it has plenty of room for expansion.

If they want to use the bay between Everest and the nemo theater a standing room only viewing area similar to the one being built for woc and also used for fantasmic at Disneyland could be incorporated into the banks next to the Nemo theater and the entrance to Chester and Hester area and maybe even another mid size one in front of where everest is. Something that blends in to the surrounding and could be used as a rest haven during the day and viewing during the evening. nothing with bleachers or that would ruin the natural beauty of the area.
    The lake also has several walkways around it so that people that do not want to stand in the area could still see the show.

The important thing is to use tall fountains with lots of lights allowing guests to see over some of the vegetation around the bay The show would need to be designed to be viewed in the round.

If not then they could do the same thing they did with fantasmic and build a large landscaped path between everest and the river banks out to the large open space or water basin directly behind that back stage area.

here is a map of the area

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=28.356643575343398~-81.58728025853634&lvl=17&sty=h&where1=Walt%20Disne y%20World%2C%20FL

• Banned User

I personally do not like the idea of building an amphitheater. Fantasmic!'s amphitheater is raved about but I do not get it. Disneyland's show is so awesome because it literally comes out of absolutely no where. DHS's is in a theater, so all the theatrical elements are expected. DL's feels more like a spectacular and DHS's is more like a theater show. Fantasmic! is suppose to be a spectacular. I really hope they do not build a giant theater.

• Pongo is my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    I personally do not like the idea of building an amphitheater. Fantasmic!'s amphitheater is raved about but I do not get it. Disneyland's show is so awesome because it literally comes out of absolutely no where. DHS's is in a theater, so all the theatrical elements are expected. DL's feels more like a spectacular and DHS's is more like a theater show. Fantasmic! is suppose to be a spectacular. I really hope they do not build a giant theater.
    Why can't DHS be a theatrical spectacular?! It is Hollywood Studios. Plus sitting after a long day of walking is.... amazing.

one hundred and one

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Here's why:

An amphitheater:
    • Costs a ton of money
    • Sits empty most of the day
    • Has a limited capacity
    • Takes people away from dining in the park instead of the opposite
    • Requires dedicated stands selling food.
    • Required dedicated restrooms
    • Required dedicated exit routes
    • Removes the "transformation effect" that made Fantasmic! in Disneyland popular in the first place
    • Would destroy the theming at DAK
    • Doesn't work for a show "in the round"
    • Usually is built on a hillside... well, DAK doesn't have any hills

I still believe DHS's amphitheater was a mistake, and it also makes people line up way too far ahead of time.

No, DAK doesn't need an amphitheater. Save all that money and put the lights on the trees. The lights actually cost much less. Even with that many.
    -Bill

I'm confused

Who stays at Animal Kingdom after 2pm

I mean after you've seen all the shows done all the rides twice and every walking tour once

Maybe we work on making it an all day park first then focus on a nightime show

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast