• 2007 Ice Hockey Champs!

Honeymoon in March: Weather/Crowds

I know the weather hasn't exactly been "normal" this year but I have to ask: What sort of crowds and weather do you see in early to mid March (9th-16th)?

Spring Break will be starting for some schools during the last days of our honeymoon so there should be an increase in traffic. The Expo will be going on (as usual) so there should be about as many people as for the Food and Wine in the fall I would assume.

As for weather, I am pre-planning like I did for my only other trip to Florida (Oct 2006): rink jacket for warmth, small umbrella for the occasional shower, t-shirts and shorts, and swimming/volleyball/tennis gear just in case. I will be keeping a close eye on things as we get closer, but do you think I would need actual long pants? Is it going to be under 45 and windy in the evening or morning (the only reason for long pants)?

thanks.
    2006 Ice Hockey Champs! (13-0-0) Bar Room Heroes
    2007 Ice Hockey Champs! (14-6-1) Angry Bar Flies
    2008 Ice Hockey Champs! (15-2-1-1) Die Another Day

Career Stats:
    Regular Season Games=108 (36 goals, 34 assists, 70 points, 22 penalty minutes)
    Playoff Games=11 (6 goals, 7 assists, 13 points, 0 penalty minutes).

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Honeymoon in March: Weather/Crowds

Definitely expect high crowds due to spring break. Every school district across the country is different, so spring break crowds start in March and go until around mid-April.

Weather is usually nice. I'd say jeans/t-shirt weather during the day and a might to medium jacket or sweater/sweat shirt at night as it will cool off a little when the sun goes down. Expect temps in the mid-upper 70's during the day for the most part.

• 2007 Ice Hockey Champs!

Good deal. I figured that Spring Break for k-12 would be close to April (closer to Easter) and the colleges are around mid to late March given the quarters started on the 4th of Jan (add 10 weeks is how I remembered it).

What about bugs? We had a dream trip on October because it was cool so the bugs I have heard about never materialized. Any favorite bug repellents for Florida? I never use them around here (bug issue is more bees and flies than mosquitos/gnats).
    2006 Ice Hockey Champs! (13-0-0) Bar Room Heroes
    2007 Ice Hockey Champs! (14-6-1) Angry Bar Flies
    2008 Ice Hockey Champs! (15-2-1-1) Die Another Day

Career Stats:
    Regular Season Games=108 (36 goals, 34 assists, 70 points, 22 penalty minutes)
    Playoff Games=11 (6 goals, 7 assists, 13 points, 0 penalty minutes).

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Most schools here in Florida are on spring break in March (K-12 and colleges), and the specific dates are all over the place, that's why I said spring break crowds start in March and go until mid-April.

As for bugs... well, I'm hoping this cold weather the last couple weeks helps take care of that. Hopefully it's killing all the larvae waiting to hatch. But if not, spring is lovebug season. They're harmless, but annoying as all get out. I've never used bug repellant in the 10 years I've lived in Florida. Just don't wear any perfume or anything heavily scented because bugs REALLY go after that.

• Minion

My guess is that you should do quite well weather wise and crowd wise.

The weather should have warmed up some but not too much since the winter started late, and although some kids will be on spring break, most won't till late March or early April.

I shall probably be there myself either March or April. My last visit to the World was late April 2008 and I had no big complaints regarding crowds or weather.
    Down with the Hat