• Shredder

Tom Staggs in WDW

I thought I might share this all with you guys, I hope you enjoy!:

New Chairman Tom Staggs Visits Walt Disney World

New Chairman Tom Staggs Visits Walt Disney World Disney Parks Blog

When Tom Staggs was asked what he’d like to do first as new chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, he said, “Get to the sites, spend time with the Cast and benefit from their knowledge.” And this week, he’s doing just that.
    I don't know about the label "the sites" but let's be hopeful that he'll make his was to the Disneyland Resort later this year!
    Last edited by Vashsky666; 01-10-2010 at 06:51 AM.

Current WDI Imagineer: "But we made great attractions like Pirates of the Carribean!!!"
    Cast Member: "No, WED made Pirates of the Caribbean, you guys made things like 'Spare Park' [DCA]"

• Pongo is my hero.

Re: Tom Staggs in WDW

WDW needs a lot of help... glad he's visiting though. Maybe he'll realize the problems that should be fixed.

one hundred and one

Someone brought this up in another blog and I agree with it:

Quote:

"Mr. Stagg's visits should be unannounced so that he gets a true feeling for the parks from a guest perspective and not a sugar coated version of what management wants him to see."

WDW has unlimited potential that current management is under utilizing. Here's hoping for a "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

"It's Just A Dream Away!"

Make us believe again Tom and restore the true magic that was once WDW...
    Last edited by Lightning509s; 01-10-2010 at 08:15 AM. Reason: sentence correction

• Banned User

Great, another face for the cameras. This visit means absolutely nothing to me. Everyone's like, "It's great to see that he is visting the parks." Umm, what is he suppose to do? I mean c'mon now "It's great to see the painter painting." It's kind of expected. All this is, is just a marketing stunt.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    All this is, is just a marketing stunt.
    You have absolutely no way of knowing this, ICe. And I have no way of knowing that it's any more than that. But I do see it as a good sign, that this is something he'd want to do first thing - tour the front lines, talk to the troops, get a feel for the properties he's now in charge of. I'm hoping for big things from Mr. Staggs - we'll wait and see . . .

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning509s View Post
    Someone brought this up in another blog and I agree with it:

Quote:

"Mr. Stagg's visits should be unannounced so that he gets a true feeling for the parks from a guest perspective and not a sugar coated version of what management wants him to see."

WDW has unlimited potential that current management is under utilizing. Here's hoping for a "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

"It's Just A Dream Away!"

Make us believe again Tom and restore the true magic that was once WDW...
    It's a publicity stunt. Don't get your hopes up.

• Pongo is my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Great, another face for the cameras. This visit means absolutely nothing to me. Everyone's like, "It's great to see that he is visting the parks." Umm, what is he suppose to do? I mean c'mon now "It's great to see the painter painting." It's kind of expected. All this is, is just a marketing stunt.

Well, we may never know. All I can say is that if he really went in with a mind-set of fixing things up, then the problems aren't very hard to see. In fact, one problem is a few stories high and represents a certain park...

one hundred and one

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
    Well, we may never know. All I can say is that if he really went in with a mind-set of fixing things up, then the problems aren't very hard to see. In fact, one problem is a few stories high and represents a certain park...
    But you know who see these real problems? Real guests. And you know what he should act like? A real guest. This guy is just another pretty face to take pictures of but will do absolutely nothing in improving the parks. I am almost certain.